• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Storyline Speculation!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was wondering what that Petilil in that small room is about? Would it have something to do with the story?

I wondered that too actually. I don't think it'd be a major part of the story, if anything. Maybe a sub-plot of someone losing a Minccino, but certainly not really something I can see half a storyline dedicated around :(

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years

I wondered that too actually. I don't think it'd be a major part of the story, if anything. Maybe a sub-plot of someone losing a Minccino, but certainly not really something I can see half a storyline dedicated around :(

That was weird. It was sitting there like it was a legendary or something. Weirddddd. Maybe it's a Zorua in disguise? I could see GAME FREAK doing that.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
That was weird. It was sitting there like it was a legendary or something. Weirddddd. Maybe it's a Zorua in disguise? I could see GAME FREAK doing that.

I don't know why I didn't think of that, I could definitely see it being Zorua in disguise!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh actually, Zoroark or Zorua may have a purpose in the story in these games. maybe early on you find this disguised Zorua and catch it, then realise it's Zorua, THEN when you're in Castelia or somewhere, in where you got Zorua last time, someone points out they want Zorua and there's a sub-plot. :3

WhiteSamurott

The Artist Pokemon
Years
Pokemon story theories!

Okay, so I think Kyurem in BW escaped from Hilbert, or it is an alternate reality, 2 years ahead in there or there was no Hilbert or Hilda, Kyurem must have met Reshy and Zeky somewhere in the timelime, Kyurem soon gained access to transform into Black Kyurem in Black 2 and in White 2, White Kyurem, Hilbert 2 must have been born 2 years after, Rival must have been born the same day? We will talk as more news comes. Remember!: BW2 are coming closer and closer every second and happy summer!

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I think that (somehow) Kyreum stole N's dragons energy, perhaps in a battle with N? and came back to Unova and started causing trouble, freezing over half of the region, etc. then team plasma decides to catch the dragon, then N teams up with the player and try to take Ghetsis down once and for all

its doubtful that it will happen like that because Akumaru and the old team plasma wouldn't exactly fit, but its a start i guess

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Okay, so I think Kyurem in BW escaped from Hilbert, or it is an alternate reality, 2 years ahead in there or there was no Hilbert or Hilda, Kyurem must have met Reshy and Zeky somewhere in the timelime, Kyurem soon gained access to transform into Black Kyurem in Black 2 and in White 2, White Kyurem, Hilbert 2 must have been born 2 years after, Rival must have been born the same day? We will talk as more news comes. Remember!: BW2 are coming closer and closer every second and happy summer!

See the only issue with this is Catching Kyurem is optional. Its not part of the main story line and isn't Canon to B/W's story. Same with the Muskedeer Trio. They apparently play a part in the story for B2W2 or else they wouldn't be in the opening intro, but that means that they were never caught in B/W.

Unless its part of the main story like how Catching Zekrom/Reshiram were, then its not Canon to the actual story, but an optional thing that plays no part in the story. So, Hilbert/Hilda don't catch Kyurem as their story ends after beating N and Ghetsis.

As for how he transforms, there are a number of things that can be guessed at.

We know that Kyurem's legend states that he fell to the Region years before, but they don't state how long before. We also know about a great fire at the Moor of Iccarus during the War that nearly destroyed the Region. One of the things I think is that during the war, Kyurem fell. At this time the two rulers were making their way to where Kyurem dwelled and each had their encounter where Kyurem syphoned parts of the main dragons' energy to be able to do a form change.

From that point they sealed Kyurem away because it was too powerful, but only after Kyurem froze itself during the fight while trying to take out the two Dragons. Afterwards they split for a while only to fight again at the Moor of Iccarus where the Musketdeers lived. After the destruction of the moor and other areas the two leaders truced and sealed their own dragons away to prevent anything else from happening.

In B2W2 the seal on Kyurem is broken by Plasma or Akuroma (by accident if Akuroma) which triggered the awakening of the Musketdeers. Through the course of the game Team Plasma would be testing Kyurem's power and you and your rival will constantly meet up with the Muskedeers. Like in B/W they do not trust humans and at some critical point in the story you'd have to battle all three before you take on a Rampaging Black/White Kyurem that the new Plasmas lost control of.

N would come in just before a killing blow against you and the Muskedeers is made and stop the kyurem's attack weakening it enough for you to actually battle and catch it.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
See the only issue with this is Catching Kyurem is optional. Its not part of the main story line and isn't Canon to B/W's story. Same with the Muskedeer Trio. They apparently play a part in the story for B2W2 or else they wouldn't be in the opening intro, but that means that they were never caught in B/W.

Unless its part of the main story like how Catching Zekrom/Reshiram were, then its not Canon to the actual story, but an optional thing that plays no part in the story. So, Hilbert/Hilda don't catch Kyurem as their story ends after beating N and Ghetsis.

As for how he transforms, there are a number of things that can be guessed at.

We know that Kyurem's legend states that he fell to the Region years before, but they don't state how long before. We also know about a great fire at the Moor of Iccarus during the War that nearly destroyed the Region. One of the things I think is that during the war, Kyurem fell. At this time the two rulers were making their way to where Kyurem dwelled and each had their encounter where Kyurem syphoned parts of the main dragons' energy to be able to do a form change.

From that point they sealed Kyurem away because it was too powerful, but only after Kyurem froze itself during the fight while trying to take out the two Dragons. Afterwards they split for a while only to fight again at the Moor of Iccarus where the Musketdeers lived. After the destruction of the moor and other areas the two leaders truced and sealed their own dragons away to prevent anything else from happening.

In B2W2 the seal on Kyurem is broken by Plasma or Akuroma (by accident if Akuroma) which triggered the awakening of the Musketdeers. Through the course of the game Team Plasma would be testing Kyurem's power and you and your rival will constantly meet up with the Muskedeers. Like in B/W they do not trust humans and at some critical point in the story you'd have to battle all three before you take on a Rampaging Black/White Kyurem that the new Plasmas lost control of.

N would come in just before a killing blow against you and the Muskedeers is made and stop the kyurem's attack weakening it enough for you to actually battle and catch it.
so wait, are you saying that that the Musketdeers are friends or enemies with you or your rival?

your thesis sounds great but why would you keep running into them? if they don't trust humans, they would be pros at avoiding them.

the old man in B/W comes to mind when i think about it, he said that maybe they can change their ways when a human with a pure heart comes, or something along those lines, correct me if I'm wrong. So I'm thinking that if they see you trying to calm down Black/White Kyurem, they'll decided at some point to help you.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Think Suicune from Crystal, the legendary beasts avoid human interaction but they can't always avoid humans absolutely. With the trio constantly trying to stop Team Plasma with the Kyurem stuff, they'd be showing up while you were battling Team Plasma. As time goes by they'd realize you have the same goal as them and as a final test you have to battle the three for them to make sure you are strong enough to face Kyurem at the end.

They did the same type of scenario in RSEDPPt. In RBY you couldn't get to specific routes unless you beat specific gyms.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Think Suicune from Crystal, the legendary beasts avoid human interaction but they can't always avoid humans absolutely. With the trio constantly trying to stop Team Plasma with the Kyurem stuff, they'd be showing up while you were battling Team Plasma. As time goes by they'd realize you have the same goal as them and as a final test you have to battle the three for them to make sure you are strong enough to face Kyurem at the end.

They did the same type of scenario in RSEDPPt. In RBY you couldn't get to specific routes unless you beat specific gyms.
ok i can see that, but suicune had a "Bond" with the player, and correct me if I'm wrong but the beasts never 'hated' humans, Ho-Oh did, the Musketdeers all seem to hated humans all together, except maybe Keldeo.

but I agree with what you said about you showing your worth with them, at some point in the game they will come to the conclusion that your worth their time, that much is called for.

what about the dragons? i mean, I honestly can't see them not being in the game, but their both owned by trainers, i know you said that Kuyrem takes their energy during the war but if its "energy" wouldn't it need more?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
ok i can see that, but suicune had a "Bond" with the player, and correct me if I'm wrong but the beasts never 'hated' humans, Ho-Oh did, the Musketdeers all seem to hated humans all together, except maybe Keldeo.

but I agree with what you said about you showing your worth with them, at some point in the game they will come to the conclusion that your worth their time, that much is called for.

what about the dragons? i mean, I honestly can't see them not being in the game, but their both owned by trainers, i know you said that Kuyrem takes their energy during the war but if its "energy" wouldn't it need more?

Based on what I've seen from the clips of the movie, I don't think so. Kyurem hadn't had contact with them right before the movie and he is still able to freely switch so it may be a permanent thing.

Years
Well, regarding the Hilda/Hilbert captured Kyurem argument, in HGSS there is a Snorlax in Kanto regardless of whether you caught/defeated both of them in RBYFRLG.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
We already had a thread for speculation about the story so I merged your thread into it. :)

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
what do you guys think about Team Plasmas boat in the trailer?

where do you think their going? judging from the Pokemon the player and the rival had, along with the people from team plasma, its pretty late in the game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
I'm not going to make a guess about the story line. The only thing I want out of the storyline is for it to be really, really, really, REALLY dark. And with Jolteon as a starter,

Okay, anyone should know having any eeveelutions as a starter isn't gonna happen.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
what do you guys think about Team Plasmas boat in the trailer?

where do you think their going? judging from the Pokemon the player and the rival had, along with the people from team plasma, its pretty late in the game.
You know now that I think about it that boat in the trailer might be the same boat in Castelia harbor in BW. Anyways I'm guessing that we will follow Plasma into the ship and try to stop them from getting to their destination (return to Liberty island perhaps, as it is in the official Unova map now.). I agree that it is proably late in the game, perhaps post seventh gym.

Back