• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where does your hack take place?

Setting of your hack:

• Total voters

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I'm doing a survey. If you don't have a hack, pick the option where your hack would take place, instead.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I don't really understand the options of this poll. My hack takes place in a world where Pokémon actually exist, just like the real games. (My problem is I don't know what option to vote in the poll.)

Years
Junichi Masuda said:
We actually don't think of the world of Pokémon as Earth. If we were to do that, we would kind of be limited by what we could do. By thinking about how physical objects work on Earth and how various elements work on Earth, we would kind of be limited to that if we though of it as Earth. We think of it as a place that is really similar to Earth, but is a different planet of its own with people in it who may be similar to people on Earth, but they have different values so they care about different things.

It's the type of place, the Pokémon world, where problems we face on Earth just wouldn't happen. There wouldn't be global warming, water shortages, or anything like that. It's a world where the people in it really want to work together with each other. Their value system is such where they would prefer to work together and eliminate these problems rather than feud.

I think the official answer from Junichi Masuda fits where almost all of our hacks are set: the Pokémon world.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
I think about doing a upgrade firered with better features such as berry planting, more events, new areas plus new buildings in existing areas :)

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
For the sake of the poll, assume "Earth" and "Pokemon world" mean the same thing - where the official games take place.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
For the sake of the poll, assume "Earth" and "Pokemon world" mean the same thing - where the official games take place.
I voted for another planet because mine doesn't have a connection to any of the regions - or better said, it assumes none of them even exist. You probably knew that already but felt like sharing some arguments behind my choice there.

hinkage possibly also meant by the poll options is that if you choose your region to be Earth, it might have a connection to one of the regions introduced in the original games.

KitsuneLugia96

Trainer Silver
Years
I put Earth as in Pokemon World. In my hack you start out is Johto for a small amount of time, then you fly to the Shinjiru islands, then after you beat the five gyms and the champion there, you go to Johto and challenge the Johto gyms. I am still working on my hack, I got a few areas in the Shinjiru island done, and most of Johto.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I see the Pokémon World as a Separate reality.
Because if it were another planet, why haven't we seen Deoxys floating round space, or Clefairys on the moon.

So yeah, my answer would by Pokéarth[Separate Dimension]

Yukari

in the first pokemon movie ash mentioned Minnesota which is a real state so it implies that the pokemon world is the real world or an alternate dimension with the same usa

PenguinStorm

Stormeo
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
It can't really be earth... i mean.... earth has no REAL Pokemon... right?

Back