• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
It didn't really show a variety of different typed attacks. Most if not all of the attacks were normal typed. Two more predominant attacks were Swift and Trump Card, both Normal typed. Next is the one where Sylveon hit the opponent with a harsh attack. A lot of people believe that was Double-edge or Take down. Some even say it was Last Resort. The black mist move, as I've heard, was a status down move that Eevee knows. Someone said it was growl since it was close to the animation from the games with the yellow jagged lines appearing outward.

All of these attacks are Normal typed. The latter two still haven't been officially stated so its hard to tell what it was. But variety of types based on info some can find was not there as all the attacks were normal typed.

Double Edge or Take Down? It doesn't look like either of those to me, or any physical move for that matter. It was 'focusing' way too much for that, imo; It looked more like a blast-style attack. I thought it was Focus Blast or something. It would be a nice change to be able to speculate moves outside of the typical Eeveelution set for once really...

As for the energy-like move, I guess it could be growl but I hope it's something else too.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Double Edge or Take Down? It doesn't look like either of those to me, or any physical move for that matter. It was 'focusing' way too much for that, imo; It looked more like a blast-style attack. I thought it was Focus Blast or something. It would be a nice change to be able to speculate moves outside of the typical Eeveelution set for once really...

As for the energy-like move, I guess it could be growl but I hope it's something else too.

I wanna say the discussion was here or on Pokejungle, I'll look it up cause it had more image references, but its similar in design on how Double Edge/Take Down worked in the game.

Risikotackle_Gen4.png

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It didn't really show a variety of different typed attacks. Most if not all of the attacks were normal typed. Two more predominant attacks were Swift and Trump Card, both Normal typed. Next is the one where Sylveon hit the opponent with a harsh attack. A lot of people believe that was Double-edge or Take down. Some even say it was Last Resort. The black mist move, as I've heard, was a status down move that Eevee knows. Someone said it was growl since it was close to the animation from the games with the yellow jagged lines appearing outward.

All of these attacks are Normal typed. The latter two still haven't been officially stated so its hard to tell what it was. But variety of types based on info some can find was not there as all the attacks were normal typed.
Well Eevee learns all those moves stated, so it doesn't really tell us much. However if it were Normal it'll get the most stab moves from it's pre evolutions out of all the evolutions, which would be nice.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well Eevee learns all those moves stated, so it doesn't really tell us much. However if it were Normal it'll get the most stab moves from it's pre evolutions out of all the evolutions, which would be nice.

That's not why I posted though. The quote in my posts says Sylveon used a "Variety of different typed attacks". All of the attacks listed were normal. I was debunking the point made. All of the attacks were normal so based on the trailer we cannot define a specific type for Sylveon (unless you want to use it to support Normal).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Oh no I was simply adding/backing up your point there.
Anyways I hope Sylveon will get a good ability. If it's flying I imagine it getting something speed related, if Normal I guess it can get/keep Adaptability.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I wanna say the discussion was here or on Pokejungle, I'll look it up cause it had more image references, but its similar in design on how Double Edge/Take Down worked in the game.

Risikotackle_Gen4.png

I can see where you're getting that(especially with the shot at it being in the whole boring 'eeveelution basic moveset' line of thinking) but I also see it as a possible blast attack. I'd expect more of a pounce stance from a physical 'big tackle'-like move really. At the beginning of the attack it also closes it's eyes, which looks more fitting to a focus/blast style move and wouldn't be necessary for a 'big tackle', imo. That's where I was getting. :)

I also can't get over this picture that I recall a friend posting up on another forum; It fits with the whole Sylveon being Flying-type discussion. Cracks me up every time. XD

ayv81d.jpg

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Charging doesn't really mean its special. Bide charges, Focus Punch charges, Skull Bash charges. HIGHLY doubt it was any of those. Despite the image not taking the correct form, it could have been Sky Attack if it were a two turn charge, to support the Flying type evolution idea.

We don't really know if it were a charge/focusing attack though. I know some Pokemon blink in B2W2, and when hit or doing an attack, where ever they are in the animation cycle they pause and do/take the attack then continue with the animation.

If that little quirk transferred over into gen 6, then she could have been blinking since they typically have 2 types of attack animation IF Gamefreak uses the two type of attack animations that the other companies used. Otherwise they may have 1 attack type animation for all attacks (when attacking and when receiving an attack are separate of course.)

Other than the painfully obvious Swift and Trump Card, we don't know what they attacks are, we can try to associate them based on the pixel versions but that won't get us very far. My posting of the other attack being Double Edge/Take Down was from what I had seen before. I thought it was Focus Blast, which I don't think any Eevee Evolution can learn anyway. But there are those that saw them all as normal typed attacks from Eevee's Move list.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't think that we should be looking too much into the attacks, it's not like they're the only ones Sylveon can learn. I'm guessing they're just 4 attacks that all eeveelutions can learn because they all have a very similar movepool + limited attacks of their element.

I'm sure that they are just standard eeveelution moves because Pokemon must be having loads of fun seeing us fight over its type. (I admit some things - especially art - like what C Payne posted are amusing but it's been dragged out for a looong time now.)

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Charging doesn't really mean its special. Bide charges, Focus Punch charges, Skull Bash charges. HIGHLY doubt it was any of those. Despite the image not taking the correct form, it could have been Sky Attack if it were a two turn charge, to support the Flying type evolution idea.

We don't really know if it were a charge/focusing attack though. I know some Pokemon blink in B2W2, and when hit or doing an attack, where ever they are in the animation cycle they pause and do/take the attack then continue with the animation.

Other than the painfully obvious Swift and Trump Card, we don't know what they attacks are, we can try to associate them based on the pixel versions but that won't get us very far. My posting of the other attack being Double Edge/Take Down was from what I had seen before. I thought it was Focus Blast, which I don't think any Eevee Evolution can learn anyway. But there are those that saw them all as normal typed attacks from Eevee's Move list.

I'm not saying that it has to be a charging attack, but they are seemingly wanting us to think out of the box more with things, so there you go. Like has already been mentioned numerous times, we can't know for sure at this point and that's the fun part about it. Unless it's painfully obvious like they made Trump Card, etc., it's a little bothersome how logical everyone wants things to be(it's like those skeptics who refuse to believe that maybe some things can't be proven with science). Speculation is supposed to fun after all.

I'd like to think of her eyes closing as more of a focus type blast rather for now rather than see her in that stance only to do an op tackle.

With the change to full 3D in the main games, we might just see a shift in how attacks are performed too.

I don't think that we should be looking too much into the attacks, it's not like they're the only ones Sylveon can learn. I'm guessing they're just 4 attacks that all eeveelutions can learn because they all have a very similar movepool + limited attacks of their element.

I'm sure that they are just standard eeveelution moves because Pokemon must be having loads of fun seeing us fight over its type. (I admit some things - especially art - like what C Payne posted are amusing but it's been dragged out for a looong time now.)

How many Pokemon at this point have movepools outside of their regular typing? I hardly think giving it at least one different typed move would prove anything, type wise. Even Eeveelutions have 'outside' moves. If anything, it could throw things out of whack even more if it isn't a move from some of the top speculated types(Flying, Normal, etc) that we've all come to mostly agreeing on the possibilities of.

Bomberboy04

Mighty Metagross
Years
I personally think it will be a Dragon type.

Purely because every other Eveelution's colour palette has been the same as the symbol for the type.
And dragons is Blue Red and White I am pretty sure.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I personally think it will be a Dragon type.

Purely because every other Eveelution's colour palette has been the same as the symbol for the type.
And dragons is Blue Red and White I am pretty sure.

This would be pretty cool and surprising, although i think it's unlikely. I still think it's going to be a flying type, but recent posts have convinced me it could turn out to be a ghost type as well.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just an an aside, Trump Card is only learned by an Eevee, not by any Eeveelution. And it is the final move learned: Lv.57 in B/W, Lv.45 in B2/W2.

This also indirectly supports all of Sylveon's trailer-used moves being Normal-type.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Or if that's the case, then maybe that Sylveon didn't evolve until after it learned Trump Card. It's not like it points to a normal typing when you can delay its evolution to allow it to learn new attacks. As for what the other two attacks are in the trailer I honestly don't have much of an idea.

Years
One of those attack looked like Hyper Beam or something... Man! It's really hard to tell which type it can be, and that's one of the reasons why I suspect Normal more ... But it can be Flying or Ghost Ugh... Can't wait the official news!! >.<

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Sorry for requote. I just found something while showing the Sylveon video to a friend that didn't know about her yet.

sylveon.png

So apparently when she does a damaging attack she always rears to her hindlegs and closes her eyes. So they are doing the 2 animation things where attacking with a damaging attack gives one animation and attacking with a Status attack has another animation. She closes her eyes and rears back for Swift too. So she's not focusing that's just how her animation is.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
It's ok. Eh, explains it better. I can't fully accept that as Take Down or Double Edge just yet though. It looks more like a blast attack still, which they can easily make more distinguishable now with the change to full 3D rather than being forced to use a 'boom'-like effect to show it being stronger in 2D . I would really expect to see her actually, you know, shown in the attack.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Or if that's the case, then maybe that Sylveon didn't evolve until after it learned Trump Card. It's not like it points to a normal typing when you can delay its evolution to allow it to learn new attacks. As for what the other two attacks are in the trailer I honestly don't have much of an idea.

Many people forget this mechanic but you can have all of these attacks in a level 1 Eevee provided you breed two parents which know these moves, since Eevee learns them by level-up.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Review the move list and make your best guesses. I will not guess any TMs yet, and especially not any bred moves.

Cyclone

Last edited:

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
Actually a lot of people have speculate the prism scale being the exact shade of the ribbon tail ends might be a hint to it being used to evolve it. But I say its silly, considering how that would imply a water typing.
Why would that make it water?
Anyone notice it using what seams to be an electric type move?

And that's exactly how I think about it! You see that Generations with an even number introduced (one) or two Eeveelutions.
Gen II-> Umbreon and Espeon
Gen IV-> Leafeon and Glaceon
Gen VI-> Sylveon and ???????

So IF there is going to be a part 2 of new Eeveelution, and IF Sylveon is female only, then we can expect a male only Pokémon which will probably be a Fighting Type? They look so bulky! Fitting the male look.
And I think Sylveon is Normal type, so my theory is:

Gen II --- Umbreon is SE against Espeon.
Gen IV --- Glaceon is SE against Leafeon.
Gen VI --- (Fighting type Eevee?) is SE against Sylveon??
If new type (light) male could be dark or they can be SE against each oyher

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly it really doesn't even look like a Light type if there was one to be released. Honestly, I'd imagine Light types to be more similar to Electric types than anything, as they generate light rather easily. Sylveon just doesn't have a radiance like that. It just looks more Flying or Normal than anything really.

Back