• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Indeed.

Note to self: if I ever move to this hack to write a walkthrough someday, ask for an unlocked copy...

Cyclone

Because it's probably header locked.

LC isn't header locked, I just checked that. You DO need a special INI for A-Map to be able to read LC correctly, since it has had the number of map names extended on top of various other little hacks.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
LC isn't header locked, I just checked that. You DO need a special INI for A-Map to be able to read LC correctly, since it has had the number of map names extended on top of various other little hacks.
That explains it. It'd be easier to answer "Where is Somethingmon found?" questions by just peeking in there. :D

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
Update: Houndour IS on Route 7. Easily the rarest Pokemon there, but it's there & they appear both during day & night. Not sure if it's also on Mt. Mortar or not, but I had no luck finding one there. Now if I can just get a Tyranitar & a third Moon Stone my perfect team will be complete.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Jambo: what's the missing .ini file? Makes it a lot easier to answer questions like "Where is Houndour?" if I can look at the data. Already doing this in the Light Platinum thread (but no special .ini needed).

Update: Houndour IS on Route 7. Easily the rarest Pokemon there, but it's there & they appear both during day & night. Not sure if it's also on Mt. Mortar or not, but I had no luck finding one there.
According to the original game and both G/S HG/SS, you won't find it there.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
Jambo: what's the missing .ini file? Makes it a lot easier to answer questions like "Where is Houndour?" if I can look at the data. Already doing this in the Light Platinum thread (but no special .ini needed).

According to the original game and both G/S HG/SS, you won't find it there.

Cyclone

Yeah I found it odd too, the in-game Pokedex for LC shows Houndour's location as Route 7 as well. But other people in this thread are saying they got one inside Mt. Mortar.

Years
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
So then when I complete Beta 3.2 can I use that save state on the newer beta whenever it comes out?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2017
First off, I am playing the newest beta out 3.2 (Not 3.1) however I cannot find 3.2 forums so I put my problem here. I could not find an IPS of this beta because I don't think it is out yet... only found the .gba file and downloaded it...

My problem: I got an Eeevee and I wanted an Umbreon (never used one before)... anyway, it is now 9:30 pm and I am training Eevee and he has enough happiness to evolve... the thing is Eevee keeps evolving into Espeon at night... I think this might be a glitch...

I'm not sure if this problem only happens in beta 3.2 (I have to get beta 3.1 again and check).

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Is there an EXP Share item in this game?
Did you get the Red Gyarados (assuming it's programmed in the game)? And take the Red Scale to Mr. Pokémon (assuming it's also programmed in the game)?

Cyclone

Years
First off, I am playing the newest beta out 3.2 (Not 3.1) however I cannot find 3.2 forums so I put my problem here. I could not find an IPS of this beta because I don't think it is out yet... only found the .gba file and downloaded it...

My problem: I got an Eeevee and I wanted an Umbreon (never used one before)... anyway, it is now 9:30 pm and I am training Eevee and he has enough happiness to evolve... the thing is Eevee keeps evolving into Espeon at night... I think this might be a glitch...

I'm not sure if this problem only happens in beta 3.2 (I have to get beta 3.1 again and check).
According to Jambo If you tried to play save game of beta 3.1 on beta 3.2 that will be a glitchy. But I haven't heard LaZ or from Zeikku if this is possible when they release beta 4

Back