• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
Years
I honestly think they've been planning ORAS for a while, and X/Y was a sort of a 'test run' for 3d to make sure they didn't screw up ORAS. Which is why there was a lack of in game content, and the story was meh at best.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
So like, what if Rayquaza turned out to have a new thing where it could fuse with Groudon or Kyoogre like Kyurem did with Zekrom and Reshiram? since they're Alpha and Omega would the new Rayquaza be like somewhere in the middle? Or...wut.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
I'm thinking this didn't end up here by chance...

Just saying.

On topic, I...really...don't want to see new Mega Evolutions. New formes, sure. But Mega Evolutions...no thanks.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I don't really feel like new Mega Evolutions. Hoenn got some great, some broken megas such as the Mega Lati@s, Blaziken, Gardevoir and Mawile. It's got too much treatment, personally.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I kinda hate formes tbh, so overdone, while Mega evolutions still hasnt been explored much. I just hope the add them to the weaker ones so that it still becomes balanced.

I'm also hoping they would add new normal evolutions to old Pokemon :(

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'm also hoping they would add new normal evolutions to old Pokemon :(

It always troubled me to see that after Gen IV there hasn't been any cross-gen evo other than Sylveon, and that's just to show off the new Fairy type and Pokémon Amie. I would have really liked to see a Lanturn evo, a Skarmory pre-evo and an Absol evo, though the mega evolution can suffice.

Too bad they can't really add new Pokémon after a generation has started, though.

Years
Mega stones ending being from Hoenn makes sense. Like we can get a story where Stephen Stone is looking into them and ends up making you test them out. Like when you meet him in the cave instead of giving you a TM he gives you a mega stone depending on your starter and he ends up having Mega Metagross in the league.

Mega stones being from Kalos made no sense since Kalos pokemon can't go mega.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Mega stones ending being from Hoenn makes sense. Like we can get a story where Stephen Stone is looking into them and ends up making you test them out. Like when you meet him in the cave instead of giving you a TM he gives you a mega stone depending on your starter and he ends up having Mega Metagross in the league.

You know what, that's a really rad idea! Since Steven is collecting rare stones and all, it's only natural he stumbles upon a mega stone.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years

um this is absolutely brilliant...

I can't even add on/say anything about this other than I really actually hope this is what happens. Having an item for most of the game that's basically useless and suddenly it has a use at the endgame would be a nice dynamic we haven't seen so far, since usually concepts like that are introduced way late in the game only to be used minutes later, which ruins the anticipation of it all.

ilysm

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
um this is absolutely brilliant...

I can't even add on/say anything about this other than I really actually hope this is what happens. Having an item for most of the game that's basically useless and suddenly it has a use at the endgame would be a nice dynamic we haven't seen so far, since usually concepts like that are introduced way late in the game only to be used minutes later, which ruins the anticipation of it all.

ilysm

That's very true. We don't really get the awesome items early in the game, on the note that we can abuse use their benefits at a weaker range of Pokémon. Since mega stones are only useful against fully evolved Pokémon (other than those who don't evolve) I can easily see how getting towards Fortree and evolving Combusken then would be a radical change. Perhaps Winona can receive some mega evolution, too.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Explains why there was an incomplete mega-evo for Latios and Latias in X and Y's game data, don't ya think?

Still, I believe that this:
PrincessOfArendelle said:

...is a very nice theory in mind and since it claims (from the trailer) this is going to a 'new' adventure, it might include the Mega-Evos as new elements of the storyline. Heck, we had Mega-Blaziken and that was a special download event.

What does this add up to? Maybe all three of the Hoenn Starters can mega?
Eh.... its a stretch shot... but til the next Nintendo Direct, there will not be a lot to go on.

Years
Explains why there was an incomplete mega-evo for Latios and Latias in X and Y's game data, don't ya think?

Still, I believe that this:

...is a very nice theory in mind and since it claims (from the trailer) this is going to a 'new' adventure, it might include the Mega-Evos as new elements of the storyline. Heck, we had Mega-Blaziken and that was a special download event.

What does this add up to? Maybe all three of the Hoenn Starters can mega?
Eh.... its a stretch shot... but til the next Nintendo Direct, there will not be a lot to go on.

I doubt we will get one since E3 is about one month form today. I am not expecting a large show like we got with XY at E3 but maybe at whatever Nintendo is doing. Correct me if I'm wrong but while they are not doing a E3 press show they are still going to do stuff right? Maybe a playable demo for the people at E3 so that way we can get gameplay footage.

but yeah the whole "A new adventure" but Iwata saying it is a remake is weird. Plus factor in how secretive Nintendo is being makes it weirder. I know with HG/SS at least they did not seem so secretive. Not sure how FR/LG was done. Iwata called it a full remake over a remake. Not sure what full remake even means since a remake always remakes the full game. Unless it was a translation error and he was saying something like it's a full on remake. The plot thickens...

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
...but yeah the whole "A new adventure" but Iwata saying it is a remake is weird. Plus factor in how secretive Nintendo is being makes it weirder. I know with HG/SS at least they did not seem so secretive. Not sure how FR/LG was done. Iwata called it a full remake over a remake. Not sure what full remake even means since a remake always remakes the full game. Unless it was a translation error and he was saying something like it's a full on remake. The plot thickens...

Footage is a must at E3 if it is coming out in November, so Game Freak must of been working on the game since the release of X and Y.

I understand the confusion with the whole 'A New Adventure' then Iwata claims its a remake. It could be trying and/or aimed to get the attention of those who have never played Ruby or Sapphire before. Another thing though is correct, they are being very very secretive with it, and as of Nintendo's recent moves, its strange for them.

Unless, they are REALLY trying to make it great for the fans, since this remake was and still is in high demand since the release of X and Y. If you remember HG/SS, it was a remake but with new areas and sections added in, so think. This adventure could be greatly expanded now and might have new elements from the DS and now 3DS era of Pokemon Gaming.

UPDATE: "Well frackie." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00DyEDmQ83s

Last edited:
Back