• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What is your favorite anime opening?

Shitik

Generic Bio
Years
These anime openings are more like memes now, but what animes do you think have the best openings? What is the name of the actual song? By whom (You really don't need to know this)?

I like both of Noragami's openings personally.

Years
Hitman Reborn OP2 - Boys & Girls

Absolutely amazing. I get so many goosebumps each time, and I just feel so emotionally affected (in a good way) by it. It's so good and catchy. ;v;

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

Sakura Wars TV Opening. Basically another version of their traditional Geki! Teikokukagekidan.

Really upbeat and cheerful! And the effects in the opening are outstanding for its time. ;v;

Years
Every time this thread comes up I give the same answer xD

It's not only a perfect fit but also just great to listen to lol

This one is a close second

Shitik

Generic Bio
Years
Durarara!! Season 1 - Opening 2 (Complication)

Great opening for a great anime.

Last edited:
Years
I'm more of an ending theme lass, but my favorite intro is defintely Kumiko Noma's spiritual rendition of Lilium from Elfen Lied. I might get in trouble if I post it due to censorship these days, but the sensual, glamorous art is what makes it epic. The soprano, the Klimt references, the lyrics everything about it is profound.

Years
I'm more of an ending theme lass, but my favorite intro is defintely Kumiko Noma's spiritual rendition of Lilium from Elfen Lied. I might get in trouble if I post it due to censorship these days, but the sensual, glamorous art is what makes it epic. The soprano, the Klimt references, the lyrics everything about it is profound.

I can't believe I forgot to mention this one.

Years
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works' 2nd seasons's second opening was really good and is probably my favourite.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Actually I wanna give a mention to Kenichi: Strongest Disciple's second opening:

It's really awesome, and really fits for this anime. <33 I think it's another favourite along with Sakura Wars in terms of openings. ^^

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
Definitely a tie between Clannad Afterstory Opening and the original Clannad opening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klUfRsd20gE

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LNGXNGdT4

mainly bc clannad was the first anime i ever finished. made me sob like a fuckin baby. also the soundtrack for the anime in general is just, amazing. <3

edit: i couldn't get the youtube code to work.. if a mod or someone can edit to post to get it to work i would appreciate that, thank you!!

Back