• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Hey, why not just fish and hope for the best? Doesn't it take MUCH less time? And it was in the morning; I had to get to school in a few minutes.

Maybe because I don't want a crappy Quiet/Modest natured shiny Gyarados that won't get me anywhere. The fastest route isn't always the best route, and I have taken a liking to hatching.

Years
Ah, I see your reasoning. Pretty good reasoning, too :P
So...
Over 40,000 Encounters and 1,200 SRs in my whole FireRed Cartridge history, and not a single shiny has EVER appeared. LAME.

So anyways, I'm up to about 3,000 SRs and Encounters for Registeel and Tangela, respectively. Hopefully I can get something new this weekend.
So that's it for now, and good luck to all.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Beat the E4 today, and I've spent most of the day running around on One Island hoping for a random shiny. I am up to 9000 encounters in this area, levelling my team to Lvl 100. I really do hope that a shiny appears before my whole team is Lvl 100, something that they are vastly approaching.

Also spent today hunting for shiny Tangela in my other FireRed, as well as doing a few resets for a few other shiny targets. Nothing has appeared to me in any of my games, so I am counting on either Tangela or a One Island Pokemon to shine soon.

I may also do some hunting in either Diamond or Pearl. I've had a shiny drought in these games since I hatched my shiny Qwilfish in November 2008. I'll cross my fingers and hope something shiny comes my way. Congrats to new shinies everyone.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
Finally I can chain again! WOOT. Its been months :D. First think i chained was a Starly, tried to start of easy. I made it to 13 and chain broke Dx. Dang I think I'm losing my touch. At the moment I'm chaining dittos and will hopefully get some good ones :3. I'm going laugh if i get a shiny one because that isnt my goal. Good luck to everyone

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
My biggest priority right now is Magikarp. I think I hatched a paltry 15 last night.

I've put Abra on hold for the moment because I do not feel like chaining much and Alakazam wouldn't help anything for me right now. I need to spend the time hatching Magikarps...

I've done it twice now, so maybe I can hatch a third shiny..

Time is running out...

Years
Yeah, I'm 80% sure that WAS a shiny Registeel. Unfortunately. But good luck to all shinies, and hopefully I can get something either tonight or tomorrow. I have no school tomorrow =D
Who want to have a race for shiny Heracross in FR?

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Well, I'm at 700 hatched so far, hoping I get something before I reach the end of Box 17, and hopefully won't need to restock on Eggs!! -__-

Charmander will be my only target for March Madness (I need to get this out of the way already)!! Think of that list a couple of posts back as a "wish list"!! Those will be for after I hatch a Charmander!! D:

Good luck to all!! ^_^

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
From what we can tell, so far there hasn't been much "Madness"....

I'm dry as well.

I wanted to go ahead and try to get some shiny Abras, but my old DS Lite is practically broken. The Sleep Mode error is connected to the top screen because it's worsened so bad that I can screw up the top screen, make it looked glitched, and this can even make it freeze.

I do not want to lose any sort of shiny because of this, so now more white DS Lite for me.

So now my main objective, again, is Magikarp. I'm creeping up on 1,700 hatched now.

I need this Pokemon.

For the sake of my battling career... If I do not get it soon, I and my team have a bleak future.

Good luck everyone!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
It looks like things are going slow
And all of the random targeting I've been doing for nothing , oh well maybe someone will shine soon.

People take my advice, take it easy, I know you must already know but sometimes,in times like this, people start frustrating.

Well see ya soon and good luck everyone.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Well I managed to EV train my shiny Charmander in FireRed today(I traded it to LeafGreen, where I could trade with Ruby, as I haven't fixed the network machine on One Island yet in FireRed, and got the Effort Ribbon :)). I'm going to level her up a few more levels, then I'll go back to One Island on my shiny hunt.

I am also SRing for my secret shiny in Pearl as well. I reached 4000 SR's for this certain shiny, and I do hope it doesn't take as long as a few of my more recent targets took to shine(Regirock for one).

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Years
Spoiler:
It's too bad you didn't record the immediate chain break in your video, as that would provide irrefutable proof that shiny patches can break chains on edges.

I lost an Absol chain on a shiny patch, the result of which denied me a female Jolly one with Super Luck. Prior to that, I didn't know the causes of edgebreaks and assumed that because every shiny patch is forced to contain your Pokémon that they can never break chains.

It's entirely that "remained quiet" message to blame.

I have a question.

Down at the bottom of the page it has the tags for the SHC.

One of them is midnight.

Why?
Lol. I put that there. :P Early on, we were considering calling ourselves the Midnight Shiny Hunters, because folks like rsgh5 (ryan) and SkinnyGreenMan found themselves shiny hunting mostly during the middle of the night. (I'm guilty of that, too.) I put it there as an homage to the good old days. *reminisces on SRing a shiny Porygon at the game corner*

I now, officially... HATE TREECKO! why it wont shine is seriously beyond me :<. 12000 resets. GRR lol, Goodluck on the magicarp, DDD.
What version are you using to do your SRs? If your answer is Emerald then you have your explanation. Emerald has a broken RNG that gives out the same numbers over and over again. I did somewhere in the range of 40,000 resets for shiny Treecko on Emerald before this was known. (I was even fully restarting my game every thousand, which was clearly not enough.)

I've been occupied with osu! mostly, though I am still SRing Dialga quite regularly.

My current count is 4861. Here's hoping for some March Madness to float my way.

Years
What version are you using to do your SRs? If your answer is Emerald then you have your explanation. Emerald has a broken RNG that gives out the same numbers over and over again. I did somewhere in the range of 40,000 resets for shiny Treecko on Emerald before this was known. (I was even fully restarting my game every thousand, which was clearly not enough.)

Oh. >.> damn, no treecko for me. D: i have emerald, fire red and gold and silver, but i want treecko. lol.

Im getting both diamond and pearl soon. (as in this week) si ill be trying for more shinys. probably absol, Piplup and Mr Mime. * see yas!*

Years
It seems only a few are having a true Mad March. Good luck on all of your hunts, everybody!

I am expecting Tangela to shine today. I'm around 7,000 encounters with nothing, still. I also hope to avenge Registeel soon, but that'll be after Tangela shines. So with nothing else to say, good luck to all, and hopefully the rest of March has some Madness.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Wow, no new posts in a few days.

Well I have gotten squat on my shiny targets. Treecko won't shine in Sapphire, my secret target hides in Pearl and no random shinies have crossed my path on One Island in FireRed.

I have put my shiny Tangela hunt on hold for a bit, as I had too many targets to get at once, and I was stressing myself trying to get a shiny to appear. Going to hope that a shiny appears before Platinum comes out, as I will be playing that more than my other games.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
>>; I've only hatched 70 Eggs since my last post, as I've been doing other stuff!! Though I plan to hatch a few Boxes tonight!! 8D Good luck to all, on this, the month of Madness!!

EDIT: By the way, we have over 17000 posts in here!! =P

Years
popping in a sec before i do homework to announce the suprising arrival of Slushie the Shiny Swinub :D

if anyone wants pics ill upload later :)

now, i gotta do homework now...
see you later maybez

Back