• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
If older Pokémon are in the Pokédex then I'd hope that the Gym Leaders use some too, I can see the water type leader using a Golduck and yeah Ludicolo would suit him.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Homika's guitar has adornments that resemble a Scolipede's horns and tails, so I'm guessing that Venipede (or one of its evolved forms if she's one of the later Gym Leaders) would be on her team. Since there are Pokemon from other regions in B2/W2, I'm also guessing that she could have Zubat or Skorupi as well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope the gym leaders are tougher than they were in BW, they came off as push overs to me battle wise...only Brycen and Iris gave me a challenge...which is one of the reasons I would like to see these two return.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
OH MY GOD. They really needed to make the gym leaders ALOT stronger. The gym leaders and the Elite Four were both a joke.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I will NOT stand to believe that there is either no electric-gym or there will be a new electric Gym Leader, because Elesa was the best thing Game Freak ever invented. Though, I do believe there will finally be a Dark-gym, since that's the only one that's being held out on.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
The Elite Four the first time was easy since their levels were in the 50's. The only time I had a little trouble with them was when I fought them a second time and their levels jumped like 15 levels. I also really want to be able to fight gym leaders again in their gyms. I mean, literally go up to them and interact with them after you beat them and fight them again after you beat the Elite Four.

Years
Rematches are a must, I'll be quite disappointed if they don't have one after adding them to every third version (and Johto remakes) since Gen III.
I'm guessing Lenora and the Straiton gym leaders are missing, so if there was third new gym who else could be missing? Clay?

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
I don't know why... but I really want to say the Skyla is gone. She seems like someone who wouldn't be in a sequel... even if she is really hot.

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
Very interesting design here. The blues and pinks remind me of the specks on Trubbish/Garbador. The guitar is reminiscent of the Venipede family. Her Koffing plays on punk/rock skulls...? Regardless of levels, those three work for me.

If they return gym leader rematches, I hope Homika owns a Roserade. It has white hair, has blue/pink/red colors, and is a pun on rock band Poison's "Every rose has its thorn" song.

Badge: Tainted badge. ANOTHER SONG PUN.

edit: looks like she only has two pokeballs. Venipede and Koffing then. Praying for rematches! v_v

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Hmm

Beedrill lv11
Venipede lv11
Koffing lv13

I feel noobish, so I typed that pretty quickly. Also, her hair is so kawaii!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Homika - Poison-type Gym Leader

I was wandering what pokemon do you think she would use in the gym battle. I also want to know what you guys think of what her gym badge will be called.

I speculate
-Koffing
-Venipede

Gym Badge - Acid Badge
Merged your thread into the gym speculation discussion.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
Years
Im honestly hoping for more than 8 gyms. If they would break the 2 games and then a third tradition, maybe they'll break the 8 gyms tradition.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Im honestly hoping for more than 8 gyms. If they would break the 2 games and then a third tradition, maybe they'll break the 8 gyms tradition.

Or they could even just have pseudo-gyms. Maybe someone is no longer a gym leader but they chose to keep their gym open as a training place, and you can challenge them even though you don't get a badge for it? It would be interesting without breaking their tradition.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Or they could even just have pseudo-gyms. Maybe someone is no longer a gym leader but they chose to keep their gym open as a training place, and you can challenge them even though you don't get a badge for it? It would be interesting without breaking their tradition.

Maybe they could use one of those gyms for how they did in HGSS, where all the Gym Leaders will go depending on what day it is and battle you there for a rematch!

Livewire_

Knight of Three
Years
Yes yes yes yes a million times yes, a Dark Gym. Make it the 8th and final leader too, so that they're pretty powerful Dark types. >:D

Years
Imagine fighting Iris in a rematch where she could have the like of Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, and Hydreigon...she would be a boss ! same goes for Drayden...
If the final gym were dark I'll like for them to have Tyranitar,Hydreigon, Zoroark, Weavile, Houndoom, and Absol (the last three help keep the team from being overpowered).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Imagine fighting Iris in a rematch where she could have the like of Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, and Hydreigon...she would be a boss ! same goes for Drayden...
If the final gym were dark I'll like for them to have Tyranitar,Hydreigon, Zoroark, Weavile, Houndoom, and Absol (the last three help keep the team from being overpowered).

From playing NU I can say Absol isn't under powered by any means tbh. :x

As for Iris & Drayden, don't think they should have all the strongest, perhaps mainly Unova ones, since put them together and that's WAY too overpowered imo. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back