• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Venom Power!

11wildy

Me!
Years
Any help on my Poison team? It will need tobe able to win the Pokemon League AND the battles against a friend, who uses afighting type team.

452.png

Drapion
-Toxic Spikes
-Crunch
-Cross Poison
-Earthquake

169.png

Crobat
-Fly
-Cross Poison
-Confuse Ray
-Steel Wing

407.png

Roserade
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball
- Leech Seed

94.png

Gengar
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast

73.png

Tentacruel
-Surf
-Sludge Bomb
-Ice beam
-Giga Drain

454.png

Toxicroak
-Poison Jab
-Sucker Punch
-Drain Punch
-Focus punch/Brick Break

Last edited:

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Pretty sure bumping in EVERY forum on the internet is against some kind of TOS. Alas...

Those guys look good. When playing ingame and online, remember a pokemon's most powerful attacks are those that benefit from STAB (same type attack bonus --> water type pokemon does more damage with a water type move, in your case, poison on poison)
as well as SpAttack Vs Attack stats. --> If a pokemon's SPAttack is higher than its Attack, then you want to error on the side of picking special type attacks (not direct contact hits), and physical type attacks when Attack stat is higher.

I hope that makes sense. If it does, that will really help you in picking movesets.

As for individual pokemon:

toxic spikes is a wasted move on drapion since I see him as a primary heavy hitter.
IMO acrobatics on crobat (if compatible) without an item would be much more useful than steel wing, unless you are combating a rock type attacker(this is where knowledge of your opponents pokemon ahead of time gives you an advantage).
Giga Drain on tentacruel is a wasted move simply due to the lack of STAB. (Poison jab maybe?)
And take brick break or even close combat (if compatible) over focus punch simple due to its 2 turn effect.

Just My2¢. Hope this helps. Some of the moves I suggested might not be compatible. Just roll with the punches there, but most should be learn-able from one move tutor or another.

Again, bumping your own thread tends to be against the TOS in most forums, so watch that.
Good Luck

Regards, Chris

11wildy

Me!
Years
I know about STAB moves, and as you see, ALL of my Pokemon use both of their stab moves. As for Acrobatics, I'M PLAYING DIAMOND!!! There's no Acrobatic there. And getting rid of Steel Wing? I use Steel Wing to beat Rocks. Giga Drain on Tenta is for coverage, as I already have a Poison move. Poison Jab would be an option over Sludge Bomb. Drapion has very high defense, and not only high attack, so I wouldn't see why it can't spike. I would like to see a better option though. And I will run Either Brick Break or Focus Punch with Substitute. Also, Focus punch is one turn, just has an OTHER side effect.

Years
Hey there! I would suggest fitting Psychic onto Gengar's set by removing thunderbolt. You said your friend is using a fighting team, so it would make a great counter to that! You have tentacruel to take down flying types regardless so it wouldn't be a wasted slot. Hope this helps!

11wildy

Me!
Years
Thanks! But I will probably remove Sludge Bomb from Gengar and Tentacruel, since I only get the TM once. But it's a great addition indeed!

Back