• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Parents. Tricky people they are. I love them and respect them, but good lord do I have my issues with em. My mother I'm fine with, but my father, I seriously am annoyed with him. Poor life decisions, screws up even if he's just trying to help his family, and I personally cannot get the attitude he has, oh at least I tried to help you guys. I understand the effort is something, but its not enough considering the current state of the economy, and the consequences of your actions in such a time.

Oh yeah, love your parents and what not, they're not gonna be here forever. Or something. I dunno I'm too conflicted...

That being said, I don't put much stock in the "love your family cause they're family" thing. I've had way more family members screw me over than friends that I chose, and feel like my small family is better off cause we cut off family members that harmed us as people.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
As for that, I agree with Toujours. I have a really messed up family and I'm not willing to "forgive and forget" some things they've done. Too bad you can pick friends and not family, hmm?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
That being said, I don't put much stock in the "love your family cause they're family" thing. I've had way more family members screw me over than friends that I chose, and feel like my small family is better off cause we cut off family members that harmed us as people.
Thing is though, they're my parents. I know that loving people for such a reason is ridiculous, but as parents who care for you more then anyone in the world, its hard not to and to cut them off would be wrong. However, the mistakes are obvious as I said, and realizing who your parents truly are is one of the hardest things you have to do in life. You can't choose em, and even if they did many a great thing for you, in the end as people you might end up despising them more then you would like, perhaps even going as far as making poor judgement. I really loathe this stage in my life.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Cause Live is most likely thinking this thread has become full. I'd call dibbs on the next thread, but I made the last one =(

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I missed it. :?
This will be the second DCC I've seen die, if Dipu is right.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I've seen many a DCC die.

I still remember the good old Chibi-chat days. Even though I never knew Chibichan, nor did I post in DCC back then.

2008 talk right there

Years
my bad!

I replied and there's a "close thread after replying" box next to it and I accidentally clicked it!

And no keep making it bigger! I want this one to hit 5k before March 21st!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Livewire shouldn't be a mod anymore, she's abusing her power!

I wanna buy The Lion King on Blu-Ray, but it's just so darn expensive :(

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
:C

Let's assume Livewire is a girl so I won't look stupid D:

I got Lion King and Lion King 2: Simba's Pride but on VHS haha.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I have the original VHS, complete with a giant plastix box that got warped from time. I actually have most of those era Disney movies on VHS, all were part of my growing up. Man I miss sitting there for 20 minutes, waiting for the movie to rewind, and clunk when its about to start again.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
my bad!

I replied and there's a "close thread after replying" box next to it and I accidentally clicked it!

And no keep making it bigger! I want this one to hit 5k before March 21st!
images

Team Fail, what the heck is that thing? I don't even understand why someone would try to combine the two haha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think Livewire would not appreciate being called a girl.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Those were the times, rewinding the tape and waiting in front of the VHS for it to be done :P

I had a car shaped VHS rewinder haha. It was black and transparent :3

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That picture is legitimately creepy. I love it.
Yeah, I hadn't been on OC&D until after then.

My only VHS tapes I care about are old Pokemon movies. <3 I can't watch them, though.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I just realized DCC posts count towards your post total. Now I really love being part of this madness, might actually hit 2k by March, if I post wisely and spread it out between the various areas.
Anyway, I had 2 VHS players, one was a super old clunky RCA model, and the other was this cheap huge beast of a machine that had both a VHS player and a DVD player in one, and it had the capability of taking the VHS and converting it to DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back