• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Z: Online SRPG game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2010
Hey guys, got news for all the Final Fantasy Tactics and Fire Emblem fans, I'm making a Pokemon SRPG version, Online.

The game has been under development for a month or two, and we're about 90% done with the battle system, so some heavy testing will be done soon to make sure it's 100% glitch free.

These is an in game screenshot of the game itself running.

5yuao0.jpg

As you can see the Sprites are from Pokemon Ranger, because of their Iso shape they fit right in, the tiling and turfing and attack animation have been done by yours truly - although some need work.

This game will also be hosted over Byond, I know many of you may dislike the idea - and so do I, but this is due to the fact that as a fan game going online we cannot afford to pay for an individual host, and at the same time protect ourselves from warnings from Nintendo, and byond does take care of both for us so for now we'll stick with them.

I'll post more info on the game later! stay in touch, if you've got any questions or think you could contribute to the project PM me, i'll be sure to respond soon.

~ Crow

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
Yay! 1st to post! (that rymes) anyways, I'm guessing you're using BYOND to make that. Good luck, hope you perfect it!

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Good luck with this, looks really good.

Gigatom~

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2010
Thanks guys, appreciate the support. I was expecting alot of "byond-hating" comments haha.

Here's a mock of what we expect the end product should somewhat be close to.

14nfdhu.png

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Looks very, very cool :)

I attempted to try a Pokemon SRPG once, but failed miserably. However, this looks much better than what I was capable of developing. Bravo

And in regards to beyond, we can't really complain. You could just say "it's beyond or no game at all" and I'm sure everyone would be okay with beyond then :P

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I'm not entirely sure what an SRPG is (is it like AOM or AOE age of mythology and empires?) but this looks pretty awesome. good luck

Arma

The Hyena
Years
It's nice to see someone actually making a Pokemon srpg. I've always been a fan of fire emblem and Final fantasy tactics advance.

I got one question though, how will new pokemon be recruited?
Will they ask to join your team after the batlle? (like in FFTA), Or do you have to recruit them by talking to them? ( like in FE)

I'm really looking forward to play this game, keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2010
Well Arma, the way it'll be is you'll party with other people (Pokemons) and play through a vast amount of dungeons and stories along with other mini quests along the way. So to answer your question, you will only be controlling one pokemon - yourself.

^^ New screenshots to come soon~

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
No offense, but this sounds very similar to Mystery Dungeon already. How are you going to differentiate yourself from that franchise?

Like I said, no offense, but I'd like to see this succeed (I love Fire Emblem), so I'm curious as to how you are going to go about things differently.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2010
One question, what language are you using to develop this?

We're using Byonds coding language which I believe is a variation of C+++.

No offense, but this sounds very similar to Mystery Dungeon already. How are you going to differentiate yourself from that franchise?

Like I said, no offense, but I'd like to see this succeed (I love Fire Emblem), so I'm curious as to how you are going to go about things differently.

Well Mystery Dungeon is played through Dungeon levels - while this game you explore as a region all together. Fight mechanics resemble more to that of the original RPG also, and we have implemented our own touch that I will soon show with new Screenshots. The two games could be broadly categorized in the same genre, but this game holds much more aspect as for the Online capabilities and the multiplayer point of view we tend to focus on, giving it a brand new feel from it's own angle in Pokemon.

I hope I answered your question, and here is a screenshot from the development we've had in the past week.

f3uoud.png

We'll be testing soon, closed beta that is - very soon.

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
That does answer my question. Good luck with the game.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2010
Update :)

119wirs.png

We'll probably be hosting a small closed beta this weekend, and if it runs well, we'll keep the servers up for you guys to enjoy a bit longer.

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
We're using Byonds coding language which I believe is a variation of C+++.
Tons of languages are "variations" of C++ if your definition is that loose... I really don't like these languages, they are way too highleveled to even teach you programming very well. They are great for teaching you how to make a game, but not how to program a game like a programmer, there is a HUGE difference, if you been in my shoes, you will understand

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
would you only be able to be one poke through the whole game? and would there be quests and such and a story?

Liraxus

Local Douchebag
Years
This actually isn't half bad looking, seems effective and the sprites must have tooken a while to make. As long as it dosen't need Download i will be very happy to sign up and play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back