• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU Team Review

KinokiGaming

"The only Trollzama."
Years
I been having alot of trouble with this team and I need some help on it for my next match. Please give me some ideas.

Feraligatr@ Life Orb
252 Atk l 4 Def l 252 Spd
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Brick Break
-Dragon Dance

Typhlosion@ Charcoal
4 HP l 252 SpA l 252 Spd
-Lava Plume
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-Extrasensory

Sceptile@ Razor Claw
-Leaf Blade
-Night Slash
-Rock Slide
-Sword Dance

Alakazam@ Focus Sash
4 Def l 252 SpA l 252 Spd
-Psychic
-Signal Beam
-Focus Blast
-Calm Mind

Aggron@ Left Overs
252 Atk l 4 SpD l 252 Spd
-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Protect
-Stealth Rock

I'm having a hard time thinking up a final help and might take out Typhlosion and Aggron for something better. I accept any help you can give.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
One thing I noticed just skimming through is that anybody with a strong enough Fire Blast would OHKO 3 of your pokemon. Maybe you should just balance it more, A Rhydon coming in on your team from a speed boost baton pass would sweep it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
First off, I don't think Feraligatr should be in the lead slot. I'd move it further back and replace Brick Break with Earthquake.

I'd replace Aggron with Claydol because Aggron's defensive typing is poor. Like Aggron, it sets up Stealth Rock and can clear your side of the field of hazards with Rapid Spin:
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam/Shadow Ball/Psychic
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/144 Def/112 SAtk
Item: Leftovers

Typhlosion isn't that good of a sweeper, IMO, but I'd replace Lava Plume with Eruption and the Charcoal with the Choice Scarf.

You can make your Sceptile physical, but it won't be that good when it has 105 Special Attack. Its set needs to be:
-Leaf Storm
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Ice) (if its Hidden Power type isn't that, use Dragon Pulse instead)
-Energy Ball
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs

KinokiGaming

"The only Trollzama."
Years
Thanks for the help i'll switch for Claydol. I had Feraligatr learn brick break instead of earthquake or superpower because I had real trouble with reflects and light screen. Sceptile is Physical just so I can take out threats that have low defense quickly. I'm still thinking of something different then Typhlosion. I only choose him for his high speed to take out enemies like Steel and Grass Types. I'm still trying to figure out the last pokemon for my team so i'm taking any suggestions.

(P.S. They are not in order, they are just listed in the way I like it to be.)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Well, if that's the case, use a mixed Sceptile:
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power (Ice) (or Dragon Pulse if its Hidden Power isn't that type)
-Leaf Blade/Rock Slide
-Earthquake/Low Kick
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 252 Atk/80 SAtk/176 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Edit: After my current changes, I can see that you're walled by Chansey, and in need of a physical attacker, like Hitmonlee:
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Blaze Kick/Earthquake
-Mach Punch/Sucker Punch
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Limber

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
If you're looking for someone better than Typhlosion check out Blaziken, that would take care of the Chansey wall too that Platinum Dude mentioned, also keeping a spot open for maybe your own wall.

KinokiGaming

"The only Trollzama."
Years
I was thinking of switching out Typhlosion for a Houndoom or Blaziken and Hitmonlee is perfect. I'm still thinking that I need some type of wall. ._.

Last edited:

KinokiGaming

"The only Trollzama."
Years
So far, this is my new team soz please see if I did something wrong or something I should change.

Feraligatr@ Life Orb
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Brick Break
-Dragon Dance

Sceptile@ Razor Claw
-Leaf Blade
-Night Slash
-Rock Slide
-Sword Dance
(P.S. I will change soon to the Mixed Attacker.)

Alakazam@ Focus Sash
4 Def l 252 SpA l 252 Spd
-Psychic
-Signal Beam
-Focus Blast
-Calm Mind

Hitmonlee@ Life Orb
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Blaze Kick
-Sucker Punch

Claydol@ Left Overs
252 HP l 144 Def l 112 SpA
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock

I'm probably going to add Nasty Plot Houndoom in the team just so I don't have to deal with Venasaur and Steelix. ._.

Back