• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you ever stop watching the anime?

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Nope. I'm still watching and I know that's not something big cause I'm still 11 years old.Although the first episodes were much funnier.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Watched loads of the Kanto episodes. Almost all the diamond/pearl episodes (my fave season), but never BW series, it didn't seem that good to me. I did watch the Victini and Reshiram movie though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I stopped watching a long time ago. Watching the Kanto and Orange Isles episodes my interest in the series dropped starting with Jotho. I've seen some of the Jotho and even Hoenn episodes (the Lugia and Kyogre/Groudon arcs were kinda nice) but since then it's dead for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I watched all of Kanto, Johto, and the Orange Islands saga. I lost interest when the Hoenn series started, and stopped halfway through that. Never watched any of the Sinnoh episodes, but started watching again recently with the Unova episodes.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I stopped watching whenever at the end of the Battle Frontier saga as I found the Sinnoh saga to be absolute trash. I am loving the Best Wishes anime though. The art is so smooth and I'll be damned if the story isn't back to it's original quality.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Stopped watching in the Sinnoh era. Does anyone think it's worth coming back?
At least the early episodes are of Best Wishes. Those are the ones that I watched, and I'm disappointed that I just couldn't find the time to keep up with everything. From what I've heard, though, the anime is back up in quality, but I personally don't know that.

To answer the main question of the thread, I did stop watching the anime. Right around the Sinnoh arc, since the time it came on CN changed to when I was in work, and it would have just been too much to record the episodes and then watch them when I was so busy.

I'm going to attempt to rewatch the entire series again. I've been missing it, and it'll be interesting to see how the quality changes over time. As I said, I watched a few episodes of Best Wishes (in the original Japanese when it first came out) and it was pretty enjoyable again.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Stopped watching during johto. Watched articuno vs. Charizard and thought it was bad. I liked ash as a scrappy, easily annoyed trainer, not a nice guy.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I stopped during Hoenn. I never finished it. I have tried watching the newer ones but I can't stand the new voices and I feel like the script is awful.

I am going to try watching the newer episodes in Japanese and see if I like them more.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
i stopped watching in the middle of Hoenn, because for some reason i was in a rush to grow up so i rid myself of my childhood pleasures including pokemon, DBZ, and many other great shows and games. now i realize the error i made, and 3 months or so ago i began to watch the anime online and play the games again. in the end it makes me happy to experience an imporant part of my youth once more. now i am an avid fan once again, and i loved DP especially because i learned that Dawn is my favorite character. just got to Black and White and im not especially loving it, but i plan to get all the way caught up and see if it gets better. as far as the games go nowadays, they are fantastic.

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2013
Yes there was once. But after that I start to watch again. That was when I was in 3rd grade. I was so stubborn those days. So my mom restricted me to watch Pokemon for 6 months.

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
Years
Back in September 2003, I temporally stopped watching Pokemon before the Master Quest season has ended. I would resume watching Pokemon in May of 2005. However, I haven't watched the newer episodes since Summer of 2009.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
I DID stop watching the series in Hoenn, because I felt that 4Kids screwed up the series. I also felt that 4kids still did a better job with the Kanto and Jotho saga. However, I started watching again when DP started.

Thank god that dubbing company is gone now... They also screwed up other animes such as One Piece, 星のカービイ and ソニックX.

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
I lost interest in the series around the end of the Sinnoh region. I really only watched DP because I liked the rivals but Dawn annoyed me a lot. I watched the first 3 episodes of Best Wishes in Japanese and though it was good but never kept up with the show at that point. Though I have been watching the N saga because that actually looks good.

Years
I stopped watching the Anime during the Hoenn Arc. No real reason, it just felt like it lost something...

I tried to check back in every once and a while to see how Ash was doing and even started watching Sinnoh for awhile but I just couldn't get hooked on it like I used to.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I stopped right after the ending of the Hoenn arc...I just don't know why, but I didn't like it like I used to after Hoenn.

I might watch an ep or two sometimes, but that's usually cos I'm bored.

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
I stopped right after the ending of the Hoenn arc...I just don't know why, but I didn't like it like I used to after Hoenn.

I might watch an ep or two sometimes, but that's usually cos I'm bored.

Same with me, idk why it just didn't feel the same once sinnoh came around (anime wise). However, I did keep up for SOME of the Sinnoh arc, just didn't stick around till the end

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Stopped when it was the D P season.. Didnt return until start of Unova then left... I just wanted to see the starts.. Ima do the same with x and y.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I hadn't watched a single episode in 9 years or so, after the orange islands. Picked up the black & white movie on DVD on special to see how it was, loved it and got straight back into watching them online. Now, I have the box sets and love them.

Years
I stopped watching the anime, only because the tv stations here stopped airing it and I did not have internet back then. Now that I have found a way to watch it, I will never stop. I think I will start to watch again all of the episodes of all the seasons.

I will always love the anime, no matter what.

Back