• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ugliest Fakemon?

Username Unavailable

User Title Unavailable
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 24, 2014
Seeing as Fakemon seem to be a rather discussed topic, I'd like to know your opinions on which is the worst Fakemon you've seen in a ROM Hack, since to be honest there are a lot of ROM Hacks with ugly fakemon.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
All of them. Fakemon do not work for me, neither do the new pokemon tbh. They're not like the Groudon thing where it's a big story and it shaped history and all that, fakemon are just there. "Oh, a rabbit frog thing. Gotta catch em all..................."

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Depends... your question is sprite-wise (how it looks in ROM) or art-wise (how the artwork looks)?
Even though there are Fakemon that look like ugly piece of *insert your own word* there are also quality looking Fakemon.
But to tell the truth I don't like fakemons.

One of the ugliest Fakemons would be the first concept of one dark Pokemon from DarkRising which was like black flat something.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
There's no good answer or even the right answer so rather all of them.
I never like fakemon. If it's on a good hack, I just have to bare with it.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Spoiler:

^This.
Seriously, what the heck is that thing? An eye-less Dragonair with wings? Pfft!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Yeah to be honest I don't really like them either, except for a few. If I see them I just have to deal with it though.

Mage

Wizard Eyes
Years
  • Age 37
  • VA
  • Seen Oct 28, 2013
I've actually seen some pretty awesome Fakemon (some that would be much better than the new ones like that ice cream.... or the trash bag). Sure, some look really bad but if someone is making a hack in a new area, I would expect there to be some Fakemon present. But that's just my opinion.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I came in here expecting to see some people defending fakemon, but I was wrong :O
I think most fakemon are pretty creative, there are some that are messes though.

hqdefault.jpg

I actualy don't think that one is that bad

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
I only like quality Fakemon - in other words, Fakes I could buy as being real GF mons.

Years
Most of them are ugly, some look okay. I avoid fakemon hacks - even if the hack looks amazing - I dislike fakemon, but not as much as Totodile. I hate that crocodile.

Last edited:
Years
All of them. Fakemon do not work for me, neither do the new pokemon tbh. They're not like the Groudon thing where it's a big story and it shaped history and all that, fakemon are just there. "Oh, a rabbit frog thing. Gotta catch em all..................."
^ THIS.
Generally (and personally) I hate fakemon, even if a Pokémon game/hack seems to have interesting story and features, if it has fakemon I'll automatically dislike it, relatively... It's really rare to find pretty fakemon that "look like" Pokémon.

And this new Gen 6... is for me the most disappoiting generation of all times, many Pokémon look like... fakemon...
Look: at Goodra and Barbaracle... The first is a slug of the Dragon type (are you Serious?) and the second is many hands stuck to each other (Huh?) and both of them don't look like Pokémon but more like some monster from Dragon Quest... especially that ugly and weird Barbacle...

If you want to make Fakemon that most people will relatively like, make them in a "Mega evolution fashion", by that I mean, some fakemon that is an evolution for Rapidash or some genetically modified Jynx and such... ;)

Tryploshion

I become a Pokemon Master!
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
^ THIS.
Generally (and personally) I hate fakemon, even if a Pokémon game/hack seems to have interesting story and features, if it has fakemon I'll automatically dislike it, relatively... It's really rare to find pretty fakemon that "look like" Pokémon.

And this new Gen 6... is for me the most disappoiting generation of all times, many Pokémon look like... fakemon...
Look: at Goodra and Barbaracle... The first is a slug of the Dragon type (are you Serious?) and the second is many hands stuck to each other (Huh?) and both of them don't look like Pokémon but more like some monster from Dragon Quest... especially that ugly and weird Barbacle...

If you want to make Fakemon that most people will relatively like, make them in a "Mega evolution fashion", by that I mean, some fakemon that is an evolution for Rapidash or some genetically modified Jynx and such... ;)

I think that your opinion is invalid because the circumstances.
pluginta.png

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
It Calls
its a Pokemon from

the "FAKE BLACK VERSION" i saw the cover and omg..xD

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2015
There is a lot of amazing Fakemon designs and crazy talented Fakemon creators out there,just make a quick search on deviantart and you'll see.

Either the really talented Fakemon creators have no intention on making a hack or they do try to make a hack but scrap the project later on

And that leaves the subpar fakemon creators to make bunches of bad hacks with horrendous fakemon

Oh well...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 28, 2015
A lot of fakemon in Quartz tie for ugliest fakemon. Any of those that isn't so bad that it's funny or has a doesn't have semi-creative concept behind it is a top contender.

As for Fakemon, I love them. I don't see why people hate them so much. Too much "I want to play the exact same game I've played a million times" mentality, I'm guessing. Even if they're ugly, at least they're a new idea trying to spice up the high and dry "battle and get muh badges through a linear region for 10 hours" that most hacks are. When I play a hack, I try to use as many fakemon as I can.

Although, if you add fakemon, they should be INSPIRED. You shouldn't have to force it. With hacks like Quartz and Marble, the main problem is that they just tried to cram the pokedex with whatever sprites they could, simply for the novelty of it. So what they ended up with is a bunch of uninspired, forced fakemon that weren't held to any appropriate personal standard on the part of their creator.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I'm not a big Fakemon fan, but I can tolerate some of them. I think adding Fakemon to a game is good, it gives a little variety throughout the game. What I don't like about most Fakemon is not about the artwork nor the design, but the sprites. Most of these lack shading which basically makes them look flat, and it's not good. I don't like flat stuff.

Fakemon should also have creativity. Most Pokemon have some inspiration and something that distinguishes them from other Pokemon so Fakemon should have them too. I guess a few fillers are tolerable, but if every Fakemon in a game is a filler, then no. I don't want a game full of air conditioners with no meaning.

I don't like the idea of mixing Pokemon with Fakemon, unless if the Fakemon is a modified version of an existing Pokemon (such as a darker version of x, or a different form of y) or if the Pokemon was replaced in favor of a Pokemon from a later generation.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
As much respect I have towards the spriters in PKMN Quartz, some of the sprites weren't very good honestly. I didn't like using them, most were pretty ugly, but still, for all fakemon, its impressive.

Back