• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First shiny

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
I've never caught a shiny i've been playing black 2 for 139 hours and still nothing. Recently i found out about pokecreator and hacked my own shiny metagross with pokerus, perfect iv's and impossible moves. But i quickly felt alot of guilt and felt the effects of having a non-legit pokemon, so i released it and deleted the app from my phone. I never hacked pokemon since.

Anyhow, i'm still hoping for one day getting a shiny, i'm sure it will feel really nice.

Years
Beside shiny gyarados - I never ever saw a shiny in any of the original roms :( But than on the other hand I found a lot of shinies playing various hacks :3

I found: Shiny buizel - Rising Dark
Shiny weedle, claydol and buneary - Victory fire
Shiny blitzle - Flora sky (This was the last one that I found like 2 days ago or so)
Shiny roselia - In Fire Red Backwards

Years
I encountered my first shiny (I'm not counting the Gyarados in HGSS) while training in Victory Road on Pokemon Black - a Woobat. Never had I thought I would ever come across a shiny, and I had just gotten out of a long break from Pokemon, so it was a really welcome surprise. I was worried I wouldn't catch it since I didn't have any Pokemon on me that could damage it without KOing it, and I was pretty low on Pokeballs, but luck was with me, and I got it after maybe four attempts.

My second encounter was in the Safari Zone in SoulSilver - a Cacturne. It was pretty evil too, I ended up throwing six Safari Balls at it before it decided it was done taunting me and ran off. :x I wasn't as devastated as I thought I'd be though, probably because I don't like Cacturne anyhow.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
My 2nd but 1st shiny that I have encountered and caught was my shiny Staravia which is now a level 60 staraptor and on my black 2 version. I caught it in platinum and with a quick ball (on the first turn obviously) I was happy that I caught my first shiny (excluding gyarados in HG/SS). My first shiny I encountered was a shiny geodude in firered, it ran away hence why it wasn't my first shiny caught but encountered.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I always make a point that others are luckier than I, koff~

My first shiny Pokemon (Red Gyrados does not count) was a Zubat in Pokemon Silver! Wait, it gets better. In the Third Generation in Pokemon Emerald? Zubat. Pokemon Leaf Green? Zubat. Fourth generation? In Pokemon Pearl: Zubat, in Pokemon Soul Silver? You guessed it: zubat.

I've encountered so many of the things that I don't even bother to catch them anymore. I am not even joking about this. The odds of this are slim, I know, but I'm not kidding. It's absurd, I know. My first shiny that was not a Zubat was a ponyta and in the fifth generation it was a Duosion. If zubat was in the wild in Pokemon White, there is no doubt in my mind that I would have ran into another shiny zubat, koffi~

Years
My first shiny was Electrike... On my friend game. :( So many years after that, my own first shiny was Azurill in Black and White 2, i'm an unlucky person.

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
Years
My first shiny was in emerald, it was a charmander that i found forgot how but i rember how happy i was when my brother told me it was a shinny and really rare, At the time had alot of tpyes of pokeballs so i tried everyone and i finally got it with a nest ball, I named it Smoke.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014
Red Gyarados :|

Excluding that, I caught a Shiny Azumarill in a Master Ball that I had been saving for just such an occasion. I was really happy when I saw it because I knew there was no chance of it escaping :)

I have also traded for two seemingly legitimate ones; a Japanese Shiny Metagross and a Shiny Jellicent.

devon1

firephoenix507
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
The fist shiny I ever found was a shiny zubat in Fire Red. At the time I found it, I was 5 and a noob. I didn't think it was very important so I killed it. I think back to that day and become sad because I didn't catch it :'(. That was my first shiny.

Years
My first shiny was a shiny Goldeen on Leaf Green's Safari Zone. I managed to catch it in the Safari ball, they really aren't that hard to catch in the Safari Zone. It's kind of ironic how a Goldeen is really pink, and this one I found was actually gold. xD Anyway, I named him Goldfins and evolved him to a Seaking, then all the way up to around lvl. 70. :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
my first ever shiny was a shiny surskit from diamond or platinum dont reallt remeber but its evolved and sitting in my pc because its really weak as a level 100 pokemon

Back