• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Origins

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 18, 2021
Hello,

Just wanted to share some of the graphics revamping on my online action-rpg Pokemon game, Origins. Curious to hear what the community thinks. The shadows are generated in the programming, and the vegetation is dynamically generated on compile time through the code as well. This gives the world a lush and unique experience each time.
before_after.png

2018-02-09_23-27-38.gif

Years
the updated graphics look amazing!
though something weird is happening with the shadows where the trees overlap.

Edit: also it seems a bit odd that flowers have shadows and the players do not

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 30, 2023
Graphics looks awesome. But shadow are a little big for flower.. I mean :d

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 18, 2021
the updated graphics look amazing!
though something weird is happening with the shadows where the trees overlap.

Edit: also it seems a bit odd that flowers have shadows and the players do not

1) That's just where the two shadows overlap, so it is darker in those areas.

2) Those are temporary mob characters for trainer battles. They will have shadows though, just haven't implemented it yet.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 18, 2021
Graphics looks awesome. But shadow are a little big for flower.. I mean :d
Thank you so much for the feedback. While I agree they can sometimes appear large, they are generated via code based on the size of the icon for the object. So the shadow is relative to the size of the icon that it derives from, so it should be correctly scaled compared to other objects in the world.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 18, 2021
Here is an easter egg that was added to the game (throwback to season 1). When you exit the Viridian Forest for the first time, you can see a Ho-Oh flying above.
2018-03-05_16-36-27.gif

Back