• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Beta 2 Released] Pokemon Infernal Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Updates

I'm posting screenshots of the newly remapped Crystal Cave and Crystal Meadow. Crystal Cave has had a major tiles change and I'm now using Kyledove's overused beautiful D/P cave interior tiles. Also, I re-did that crappy Team Rocket event in Crystal Cave into something a little more interesting. :3

Crystal Meadow

The events are pretty much still the same, the map just has a new image. This time a rock won't be blocking the cave, there'll be a blocking event, which will be familiar from an official Nintendo game. ;)

Crystal Cave

pokemoninfernallegend11.png

So this will be the tileset used for all caves except ice ones. The minigame is still there and uses pretty much similar tiles to what it used last time. If you get lost in this cave then the map has met it's objective. :3

My 1111 post. (:

EDIT: I noticed the typo in one of the screens and I've fixed it. :3

Last edited:

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
The cave is so completely and utterly fantabulous, that when I see it, tears well up in my eyes and I have an insane urge to use Rock Smash.

Oh, and the cave tiles are good, too.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
Love this hack, seems good so far, and beta 2 looks even better.
Only disappointment is your replacing totodile with squirtle, one question though: do you plan on making ALL the starters obtainable eventually, or just the hoenn/johto ones?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
The cave is so completely and utterly fantabulous, that when I see it, tears well up in my eyes and I have an insane urge to use Rock Smash.

Oh, and the cave tiles are good, too.

Once obtained, Rock Smash will make the cave easier to traverse. :3

Love this hack, seems good so far, and beta 2 looks even better.
Only disappointment is your replacing totodile with squirtle, one question though: do you plan on making ALL the starters obtainable eventually, or just the hoenn/johto ones?

All 386 Pokémon will be obtainable, so don't worry. Totodile will probably be very, very rare in the fishing contest with a super rod.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2011
when my file expander trys to expand the file it says that theres a format error.

what to do?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Pretty great, to be honest. I like the newly inserted D/P/P Cave Tiles.
Looks extremely nice.

Good luck.

Thank you. Those are not the only newly inserted tiles.

when my file expander trys to expand the file it says that theres a format error.

what to do?

Hmm, I would google the problem for a solution. :3

Updates

Well, I've been remapping the final maps and so I can test now and then carry on with the storyline. Thanks to advice from my Doctor, I've inserted some new tiles which are pretty overused with the tile style I'm using but they're nice. Also, I'm going to be showing some screenies of the remapped Amber Forest. :3

Finally, I've also edited wild Pokémon and trainer levels. :3 The most significant one is that there is not only wild swinub in the ice places now. Snorunt, Smoochum and Spheal are now making entrances.

New Tiles

Screenie 1: The sign post from Emerald. :3
Screenie 2: Lampposts that will illuminate certain maps (ignore the brightness, it was caused by the lightning weather effect -_-)
Screenie 3: Kyledove's super sexy rock.
Screenie 4: A rare tree which will make occasional appearances around Midao.

Amber Forest

The forest will lead down to Cycling Road. It isn't hard to navigate, but I'm going to make the Team Rocket Grunt that you have to find in here pretty hard to find thanks to block editing and this make the game more challenging.

So that tree is giong to be similar to something from D/P. However, since I'm evil, they will be rare, time-wasting, hold valuable Pokémon and not be explained since they are pretty much D/P honey trees, except with mushrooms. :3

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Actually we'll both be using Amber forest names in our hack :D
Just that mine's gonna be a lot different-looking...

Good luck with inserting even more amazing tiles and hopefully the outside ones :)!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Actually we'll both be using Amber forest names in our hack :D
Just that mine's gonna be a lot different-looking...

Good luck with inserting even more amazing tiles and hopefully the outside ones :)!

Lol, I'm already changing the name. It's gonna be Azure Forests unce after I posted the updates me and Esmas were talking and we deecided Azure Forest sounds better so that's what it's gonna be. :P

No more tile changes for now. Well actually some tiles that weren't shown in beta 1 but are there will be shown. :3

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Azure is also somewhere in my hack, but what the heck... xD
Sounds better - it fits.

Is you hack called Pokémon Infernal Legend by any chance?

Updates

Okay, some screenshots of Cycling Road and Sunnyshore Beach. :P

Cycling Road

Basically, it's the same old stuff. :P I made it look like more of a road for the sake of tiles. :P

Sunnyshore Beach

[URL=http://img38.imageshack.us/i/pokemoninfernallegend10.png/]
pokemoninfernallegend10.png
[/URL]

So, basically it's a beach where the fishing contest will take place. It's the biggest map in the beta, but it may not feel like it since I had to use space to make sure of no border errors. Damn you Nintendo, with your GBA limitations. >:0 In the last screen, the event there will trigger off what could be the third and fourth rivals in Infernal Legend. That's the power of love. :3

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Wait a minute... is Sunnyshore Beach part of Sinnoh?
Or, is it a beach that is from your own custom Region?

Because I might be thinking... Sunnyshore is part of Sinnoh...

But anyways, the updates still looks promising either way.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Wait a minute... is Sunnyshore Beach part of Sinnoh?
Or, is it a beach that is from your own custom Region?

Because I might be thinking... Sunnyshore is part of Sinnoh...

But anyways, the updates still looks promising either way.

Well, I got the name from Sunnyshore City, but it's in Midao (Infernal Legend's region). You won't be able to go to Sinnoh, but you will be able to visit parts of Johto later on. ;)

Updates

Yes, I have no life so I'm working on IL. I got some more stuff done and I am unveiling two new routes. :3

Nugget Bridge

So beat the 5 trainers and the gentleman will give you a nugget and become a healing point so you don't have to go all the way back to Voltaic City. Also, if you talked to the coupl in Sunnshore Beach, they will battle you hear. :3 However, if you only have once Pokémon, they it will be a single battle, but if you have 2+ Pokémon, they will give you a double battle. ^__^

Highland Hills

Just a route full of ledges you have to get through to get to Higland Chasm, which will be shown in the next post. :3
http://img687.imageshack.us/i/pokemoninfernallegend10.png/
http://img687.imageshack.us/i/pokemoninfernallegend10.png/

Esmas

General
Years
Hey, pal, awesome updates! The graphics are just perfect; they're not too much or too little of anything, and they give a really good balance to the gameplay. Great job, I can't wait for more updates. :)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Oh my, Highland Hills look very confusing.
The script of the couple is a very nice idea. Good luck with releasing a new beta soon :)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
where does beta one end? im just curious because i just started this hack and it is awesome

It ends at the 2nd gym. You won't be able to do the Power Plant even that Oak talks about.

Oh my, Highland Hills look very confusing.
The script of the couple is a very nice idea. Good luck with releasing a new beta soon :)

Thanks. I got most of the scripting for the biggest city in the game done. You'll like some of the sidequests and the quiz for the VS Seeker will make you laugh. I'm hoping I can get the beta done before the end of the holidays although I doubt I will. I'll probably have the main story done so all that'll be left is the rick house and fishing contest, so beta 2 will probably come a few weeks after January. :3 Highland Hills isn't very confusing for getting to the end, it's getting back to the beginning which is the fun bit, xD

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
MERRY CHRISTMAS, IL FANBOYZ!!!

Updates

Beta 2's main gampleya is complete. So now all I have to do is do the trick house puzzles, edit the gamecorner and implement the fishing contest.

Highland Chasm

The cave you have to get through to get to Silverlight City. It's really nothing special. :P

Silverlight City

Well, this is the Infernal Legend equivalent of Saffron/Goldenrod City. It's practically Magma City from the old IL (the beta I never released). It's full of fun little events, rival battles and it's home to the 3rd gym.

Credits to Kyledove and Fangking Omega for the uber hot tiles.

Voltaic Gym

Voltaic Gym is now the 4th gym with a nice new puzzle that I stole from the old IL's 4th gym. D: Basically you have to interact with each pair of switchboxes in order to open each electric gate. There is a combination is each pair to open them and the combo's get harder and harder. Also, if you lose your mind and start crying, you can reset the puzzle by going outside of the gym. Once a gate opens, it will stay open permanently. :3

Voltaic Tower

I remapped the tower that you find Volten in and now it's more fun. :P It's not very confusing, I just like the jumping over blocks thing so I put it in the tower. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back