• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

It all is just the way you describe your teams, lol. I just don't like the restricting definitions people give teams and then try to force them to fit a mold - like what Ooka said, he didn't want to use CB Tar because he felt it wouldn't fit "full stall". Also stall is a team type, not a Pokemon descriptor, imo. I don't think it's proper to call something like Chansey stall anyway.

You can run all sorts of things that like Toxic anyway, Nica. Gliscor likes it, Guts users like it, Steels and Poison-types dgaf...

Well out of all of them I only really run steels (except Gliscor but I use sand veil because acrobatics and yeah it has taunt anyway so I don't really need to worry about toxic) so yeah. :x Stall technically is an issue to my -main- team, lol.

So here's something that opens it up to the people that aren't "omg competitive so srs" (:P): Is your favorite Pokemon good competitively? Did you pick that one for its battling abilities whatsoever?

637MS.png
is good competitively I think but I didn't choose it as a favorite because of that, it just happened to work out quite nicely. :3

Herdier... kinda sucks. :( And other than that I don't really have any other favourites that I didn't get from battling, so yeah, lol. :x

flubbateios

Ditto w/ Impostor is kinda stupid, I have to say, SHUCKLE w/ Impostor would be awesome! Wall+super fast sweeper,(eg. Infernape or something)+Rotation Battle= A likely WIN

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ditto w/ Impostor is kinda stupid, I have to say, SHUCKLE w/ Impostor would be awesome! Wall+super fast sweeper,(eg. Infernape or something)+Rotation Battle= A likely WIN

Ditto was given Imposter as a DW ability for a reason: so that it won't waste a turn using the Transform move (in most cases, Ditto will have to take a hit before it uses Transform). Also, if Shuckle were to have that ability, then its stats, bar HP would be the same as its opponent's, defenses included (its high defenses would be wasted if it were to turn into something as defensively weak as Infernape).

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
So here's something that opens it up to the people that aren't "omg competitive so srs" (:P): Is your favorite Pokemon good competitively? Did you pick that one for its battling abilities whatsoever?

637MS.png
is good competitively I think but I didn't choose it as a favorite because of that, it just happened to work out quite nicely. :3
Cofagrigus is a viable Pokemon to use in competitive play. Smogon branded it as the "epitome of a defensive spinblocker" or something like that. I have tried to use it, a lot of times really. Cofa does the trick. :3

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Well, 4th gen one thing I loved to play was full stall. This gen Reuniclus came, and literally nothing in full stall beats it. Stall Celebi can't even Leech Seed, and Perish Song doesn't solve the problem, just gets rid of it for a little while, Jirachi loses to Flame Orb variants, the only thing Latios can do is Trick, but isn't built for stall anyways. So basically (As it has been said on Smogon plenty of times), I just have to quit playing full stall, or prepare to lose to CM Reuniclus. So now I have to throw in Ttar or Scizor where I need a cleric or phazer. So really, I just see Ditto as the same thing, people will just have to quit playing hyper offense or use Sub on their setup sweepers. Not like I want it to happen, but I didn't want to lose full stall either. xD

There is alot on full stall that can destroy CM Reuniclus. Taunt Deoxys-D, Taunt Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Sableye (who isnt useless like Tomb this gen anymore woo) to name just a few and all are very good Pokemon otherwise. Full stall is still possible especially now Excadrill and Thundurus are banned who absolutely slaughtered defensive teams. Ive gotten very high on the ladder with it. Infact id say things like Sableye, NP Celebi and Mew are more annoying for full stall. Also you say Perish Song doesnt do the job when it does. The simple fact you've forced it out with it doing 0 damage to Celebi stops it sweeping your team, do this until its their last Poke (you rack up hazard damage each time its forced out on the rest of their team) and you get a free kill and thus a win.

Also CB Tar is a crap Reuniclus counter tbh. 1. It cant even guarantee a OHKO on Runiclus. 2. Reuniclus used Trick Room/Focus Blast in general.

Reuniclus imo fits the uber characteristics because its exactly like Salamence last gen though, not because it solely beats stall. It will cost you a mon if you guess wrong on the set its packing (not even mence could do that last gen as its sets had one common check - steels) and its CM checks are TOTALLY different from its TR sets bar Jira and Sp.def Scizor (maybe Sableye too). The TR set will crush 90% of the CM counters and really hurts offensive teams and utterly reverses momentum so in a way its detriment to both offense and defense with its sets.

Pokemon CAN and have been banned for making a play style unplayable. One of the main arguments for Exacrill's ban was that you couldnt play HO with it around (it also really hurt any team without Gliscor essentially and that extends to stall with its "un-blockable Rapid Spin" and sheer power but yeah). Yanmega was also banned in gen 4 UU because you couldnt play HO with it around.

Lastly with Ditto its not that hard to stop unless you set up 6 times KNOWING they have one (Team Preview ftw) in which case you lack brain cells lol. Ditto is a revenge killer as it cannot switch in due to its horrific defenses/hp so you just need to switch to resists if it comes in to revenge and you haven't moronically set up 6 times early game before its eliminated which is asking for a reverse sweep tbh. Ditto is also extremely easy to wear down with no lefties, SS and SR damage actually, plus if you actually expect it coming in to stop your sweep (read: suicide for the ditto user) just attack on the switch. On a positive note it stops noobs DDing 12 times. ;D

637MS.png

Alot of my favs are good competitively but i didnt pick them for that alone.

Azelf, Omastar, Victreebel, Qwilfish, Weezing and Cacturne are all really good in the lower tiers whilst Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Cloyster and Skarm are all excellent in OU.

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Was a little tipsy last night, so some of my arguments were coming from being intoxicated. Regardless of all that, I completely agree with everything da said, just didn't think about Deoxys-D because I keep forgetting it's not Uber anymore.

And my favorite Pokemon is Salamence, sucks it's SR weak now, but it remains my favorite and seems to do pretty well competitively (Though I'll admit I next to never use it).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years

637MS.png
I know nothing about competitive battling, but Aerodactyl's awesome speed can't be bad... right? I like it so much mainly because of said awesome speed, but also because of its cool typing and funky design.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I know nothing about competitive battling, but Aerodactyl's awesome speed can't be bad... right? I like it so much mainly because of said awesome speed, but also because of its cool typing and funky design.
Aerodactyl can be used in competitive battling, yes. It was one of the most used leads back at 4th Gen iirc. :3

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I really wish Aerodactyl got Brave Bird and Head Smash. It's really fast and with a solid Attack stat and no recoil from those strong moves (120 and 150 bp respectively - that's a lot!) it'd be very good imo. ;-;

Years
I rock and roll with Hydreigon as my favourite due to his Dark / Dragon typing, my two favourites. He also reminds me of the Yu-Gi-Oh card Five-Headed Dragon which pretty much nothing can rival in terms of raw attack and defence stats.

SD09-ENSS1.jpg

Look at this Pokedex entry as well.

"The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything."

They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything.

To consume and destroy everything.

DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
So, favorite underated set?

Mine is CB Ferro, I love doing 40%+ to Rachi with Gyro Ball when it comes in to Trick. I run it on my rain stall to throw people off even more, while netting OHKOs on things that would normally cause it problems. (Bulldoze on Magnezone is my favorite, though Balloon sucks)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...lool I used really bad sets when starting out (so not really underrated), now I mostly stick to what Smogon does BUT probably the only thing I'm doing differently is using an Acrobatics Sand Veil Gliscor with Taunt on a non-sand team. It works so well because with Acrobatics people don't really expect Taunt, which is wonderful for Ferrothorn etc, and while they try to attack I get an SD up and depending on what it is, can generally kill easily (aka EQ for Ferro/Forry and boosted Acrobatics) and I use it with Sand Veil because with Taunt, Gliscor doesn't really get poisoned and nobody WOULD generally poison a Gliscor outside of sand, and the fact that sand is a common weather type, so it makes Gliscor all the more useful. :3 And due to Gliscor's speed and with Acrobatics it usually OHKO's often giving me a free kill for everything non-neutral to that.

Years
WELCOME TO VIDEO GAMES EVERYONE!
Darkrow gets a +1 for posting Hatebreed.

What games have sucked the life out of you all recently?

For me? Fifa '12 and Skyrim! D:​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Skyrim Skyrim, gotta get down in Skyrim :x My friend pirated Skyward Sword but I haven't seen him play it at all yet haha.

Years
I think this is one of the few games that I look forward to the glitches.
some of the ones I have seen are golden.

My favorite is still when you go against a giant and if you are low levels, you get hit and FLY UP into the air! XD​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think this is one of the few games that I look forward to the glitches.
some of the ones I have seen are golden.

My favorite is still when you go against a giant and if you are low levels, you get hit and FLY UP into the air! XD​

I was talking to an NPC once and a mammoth tried to walk behind her...we were in the woods and every huge step he took made him literally climb trees. A tree-climbing mammoth hahaha.

Back