• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

I am very offended!

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
As soon as I read that, I thought to myself "who in their right mind would enjoy offending and therefore upsetting someone?", but when you think about it, a lot of internet trolling is based on purposely offending people.

I actually don't think I ever have offended anyone. I might have done on the internet years ago, but I can't actually remember ever seriously offending anyone recently.

Edit: No wait actually, I've just remembered that when I went on holiday on a school trip (I think I was about 13/14), my friends and I were discussing how fat one of the girls in our year was (who was also on the trip) and her friend overheard us and went and told her. Then she proceeded to shout expletives at us. At the time I don't think we really cared.

Come to think of it, I was actually a pretty nasty 13/14 year old.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I try to not offend people, but I've offended some people by accident. You don't always know people's background and something that my not offend you could offend them. But I don't particularly enjoy offending people cause it can leave awful feelings afterwards.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
...................sometimes. Normally I don't like being a dick and offending people, but sometimes when I'm in the mood and have the right inspiration, I do find it fun. But someone has to be really, really infuriatingly dumb to bring out Troll Andy.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I like to imagine my wit being used to be really nasty but generally I don't. And even if I did, it wouldn't be to someone that I thought would be actually offended by it, if I thought they weren't strong enough to take it then I wouldn't do it. Upsetting people isn't fun. :(

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I hate offending people, generally, but I've realized I'm a bit of a troll on my university's anon site. Not as horrible a troll as most people but I'm not nearly as polite as I would be in literally any other situation. Even the few times I used to post on 4chan I was much nicer but I'm super sarcastic when dealing with stupid peers and there's no penalty, haha.

Generally, though, I stop short of anything that would be truly offensive. So I'll make fun of someone for trying to use a moderated submission site as a replacement for google but I wouldn't post to ridicule someone for their religious or political beliefs.

If anon doesn't count--since I think that one site is literally the only place I do go anon for--then I will go so out of my way to make sure I don't offend anyone that it's a little ridiculous.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I hate offending people, I find it one of the worst things ever, basically nothing good comes out of offending another person and can put you on bad terms with them, which I purposely avoid. Im not a jerk so I don't act like one.

Years
I enjoy being right about things that I'm right about (which is everything) and if that inadvertently offends someone I'm not gonna be sad or anything, but I don't make a habit of intentionally offending people because I don't enjoy that. If I'm guilty of anything it's thinking other people are wrong and not taking their views into consideration, which might well come off as offensive, but that's never my aim.

Years
I get the incentive that this thread is a trap to lure me in. Do I take the bait or do I retreat? He's wide open, I could attack for game but what if he has the Gorz? The mothertrucking Gorz? I have no outs to that crap. Do I risk it all to win it all or do I play it safe but give him the chance to turn things around on the following turn? Decisions decisions . . .

**** it. ATTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Spoiler:

I enjoy and thrive of the misfortune and suffering of other people. Not always though, it depends. Like I'm on DuelistGroundz or I'm reading some dear anon garbage on PC and some of the craptastic cesspool of cow piss I read is just so hilarious to me. I'm like "oh man, you suck so much!" Sometimes I'll go and troll and just make fun of them but other times I'll just keep the amusement to myself. I may make fun of other people but I'm not arrogant. I know that in the grand scheme of things I'm pretty sucky myself.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I have done that a LOT, by accident. It's mostly due to the Bradyphrenia that I have.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Only if their behavior merits it.

I work at the mall, and some of the brats that come in... ugh.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Nope. I hate it when people do it to me, so I don't do it to them, simply as that. And also, trolling is stupid. Those people need hobbies.

Years
Not intentionally... but I'm pretty sarcastic by nature, so I sometimes say things that are perceived as offending, even though I don't mean to be nasty or anything. And some people I know don't recognize sarcasm, so that can lead to misunderstandings.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
No, I don't like offending people, but if my opinion is a strong one or it happens to be the hard truth I will say it for the sake of saying it (or if it really needs to be said) even though I know the other person might not like it. But rather than offending them I do it to put my thoughts out there and maybe give them a different perspective.

Or if they're being a general **** I will say something to basically just say that they are being a **** and to get off their high horse. Though instead of getting "Yeah you're right I should chill out a bit" or "Maybe I shouldn't be talking crap about someone publicly, I'll stop" they get offended. >_> Weird how people get offended when you point out they are being offensive to others. I don't get that.

droomph

weeb
Years
Being that comedy is all about offending people, yes.

Then again, maybe not when it's like, you know, racist. or blatantly and predictably rude (i.e. no "HAHA RETARDS GAY-ASS ***" or "Ching ching chong chong i'm a fob" comments) because 1) too mean and 2) too predictable and boring. I like to attack their small parts that they don't mind as much, so they'll be caught off guard and then we'll laugh together and get closer because of it. If I get to know them well enough, I can make fun of some parts of them certain other people wouldn't like, because I know what they care and don't care about as much.

All part of a balanced comedy routine! (And SS/SR if this is a bit too much on the racist side just delete this and tell me and I'll rewrite this.)

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Nope! I'm too sensitive to other people's feelings, so I try to avoid offending if I can. :x

Back