• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Move Tutors

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Move tutors finally make a return! You can find them on Alolan beaches, enjoying the sun and teaching cool moves to your Pokémon!
What moves will you teach your Pokémon?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I love how Mantine Surfing serves as an alternative to get BPs without having to spend hours at a battle facility.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Let's be honest, the only thing I'm most happy about is Defog being back. No more breeding in gen 4 and having to bottle cap all the Pokemon in there due to them having really bad IVs thanks to the breeding mechanics in that game. I have, though, already started using it as a way of finalising my rain team, by giving Ice Punch to my shiny Swampert, and Drain Punch to Hawlucha.

Years
So far I've used Drill Run on my Dusk Lycanroc and Iron Head on a Togedemaru. May grind up more BP from Mantine Surfing so I can get more moves and items.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
it'd be great if they just fucking kept these things in every game

like what's the fucking point in removing them every other game

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
it'd be great if they just psyducking kept these things in every game

like what's the psyducking point in removing them every other game
Move tutors are generally in third versions, sequels and remakes. They got to save one of the best features for the final games of a gen.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Move tutors are generally in third versions, sequels and remakes. They got to save one of the best features for the final games of a gen.
Putting move tutors in every game is not really going to detract from the later games. There's plenty of other stuff that they tend to save for the other games, and that's on top of the other new stuff they usually put in as well. It's also, like, move tutors and not some big thing either.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Putting move tutors in every game is not really going to detract from the later games. There's plenty of other stuff that they tend to save for the other games, and that's on top of the other new stuff they usually put in as well. It's also, like, move tutors and not some big thing either.
I prefer that they don't put move tutors in every game. The first pair of games in a gen are not meant to be the best of the gen. The final games are. I don't think GF would change this pattern any time soon.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Zen Headbutt being available for Tsareena as it means she isn't stopped completely by Poison types. I can also put Foul Play on my Shiny Hatched Mandibuzz too. :)

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
I prefer that they don't put move tutors in every game. The first pair of games in a gen are not meant to be the best of the gen. The final games are. I don't think GF would change this pattern any time soon.

Personally, I think they should make every game as fantastic as they can, and make every game in one gen amazing, not make one better than the other.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Personally, I think they should make every game as fantastic as they can, and make every game in one gen amazing, not make one better than the other.
That is not how it works. The first pair of games is the start off of the generation. The final pair are the end and therefore must surpass the first pair.

Last games of a gen must be better. They have to end the gen off with a bang. Otherwise all the games in the gen end up being plain.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
That is not how it works. The first pair of games is the start off of the generation. The final pair are the end and therefore must surpass the first pair.

Last games of a gen must be better. They have to end the gen off with a bang. Otherwise all the games in the gen end up being plain.

That makes zero sense. Why should you have to make some games better than the first one? It feels like you're literally leaving certain features out of the original. Honestly, what's the point of buying them then, if the other games are gonna be better anyways?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
That makes zero sense. Why should you have to make some games better than the first one? It feels like you're literally leaving certain features out of the original. Honestly, what's the point of buying them then, if the other games are gonna be better anyways?
It does make sense. The point of the first games of the gen is that they are the first. The final games are expected by a lot of fans to be better.

It does not make sense for the final games to be equally good or worse. That is not how it works.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
It does make sense. The point of the first games of the gen is that they are the first. The final games are expected by a lot of fans to be better.

It does not make sense for the final games to be equally good or worse. That is not how it works.

Whatever, that is your opinion. I'm not going to argue about this.

Back