• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,170 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 265 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 133 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 20, 2021
I'm pretty sure that TM32 was replaced with TM31 (Brick Break) at the Game Corner, meaning that you can't buy Draco Meteor. Similarly, Thunderbolt was replaced with Shadow Ball in the Game Corner, and the former is now a postgame TM (Battle Frontier).

Other relevant TM changes that I can think of it that Thunder was removed, and Hyper Beam is a postgame TM (Battle Frontier).

---

In other news, after I was reminded that there were missing areas in the Encounter Doc the other day, I went through the areas that were missing and added them. Fiery Path, Scorched Slab, Magma Hideout and two forgotten rooms in the Cave of Origin. Additionally some postgame content, namely Alternating Cave, Desert Underpass, and Artisan Cave.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19SZ3GcChqqR5gGt27LeGLSZwsSl1L3zDl9c5thEMSFQ/edit

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 12, 2022
Huh that's weird considering that the tm listing in the Game Courner didn't change. Upon actually buying them, I can see that yes it is now Brick Break and not Draco Meteor which begs the question as to why the creator of this ROM hack didn't bother to change the listing

Edit: ok I added the locations of most of the tms in this romhack. Currently it's incomplete since I haven't finished the game yet (right now I'm at Seafloor Cavern) and I'm not sure if earthquake is still there. I also added a note that mentions move tutors since all of them are in this romhack (with the exception of Substitute)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 12, 2022
Yeah try to follow Soren's guide if you want find every pokemon in the game (or at least the pokemon you want). In the case of spheal and trapinch, The earliest you can get spheal is dewford town with an old rod and the earliest you can get trapinch is the same place as in the original pokemon emerald (the desert in route 111)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 12, 2022
Ok so I beat the game a few hours ago and currently, I'm hunting down Legendaries. I'm updating my guide to include the full list of legendary pokemon, their moves, where to get them, and what strategies to use (if necessary). Currently, the list is incomplete though I know what moves most of the legendaries have after using a level 100 ditto to figure them out. I have the two easiest legendaries to get atm (Jirachi and Mew) and I'm in the process of getting the legendary birds. I'm also trying to find some tms that are missing from where they normally are (Solarbeam, Calm Mind, all of the weather moves, etc) though I think I have a good idea as to where some of them are (just not all of them).

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 21, 2021
Why does Kadabra and Gengar evolve at late levels but Porygon cannot be evolved to porygon 2 by levels? Would be cool if it evolved by level, I don't think you can get up grade in Emerald version.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Why does Kadabra and Gengar evolve at late levels but Porygon cannot be evolved to porygon 2 by levels? Would be cool if it evolved by level, I don't think you can get up grade in Emerald version.

Porygon can, at level 42.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 18, 2021
@SinisterHoodedFigure I love the Kaizo game and I'm almost done with Emerald Kaizo and I was wondering if You are planing to make platinum Kaizo or is emerald Kaizo the last one you are doing

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Oct 22, 2020
Yes it's in that room. It's on the exact piece of land where that TM is. You'll find it, just keep looking. Get someone with Sweet Scent, that's like the most important thing to do in this hack to combat the low encounter rate.

Thank you for the info

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 12, 2020
Yo! I've got a bug too.
My Gardevoir at lvl 40 won't learn Psychic and learned teleport at level 33 lmao.
Even if I go in fallarbor town to the move tutor there is no Psychic nor confusion to learn sigh

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Bug report: In Trick House's Room 7, some of trainers as already defeated, before we battle w/ them.

P.S: Sorry for my bad english, I'm not a native speaker.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 12, 2022
Yo! I've got a bug too.
My Gardevoir at lvl 40 won't learn Psychic and learned teleport at level 33 lmao.
Even if I go in fallarbor town to the move tutor there is no Psychic nor confusion to learn sigh

This more of an error on HoodedFigure's part in listing the changed moveset for Gardevoir on his notepad rather than a glitch (trust me, I brought my Gadevoir that I caught before Roxane all the way to the hall of fame and it knew psychic via level up). Looking at Gen3tools, Gardevoir knows Psychic at level 42

Hi I was wondering does octillery get suction cups in emerald Kaizo

Yes both Octillery and Lileep/Cradily have suction cups. If you scroll up the forums, I made a list that contains many things including ability changes. If I didn't mention a pokemon with an ability change, it has the same ability as it had in gen 3

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 12, 2022
Ok After going through the game, I noticed that 9 TMs are straight up just missing from the game and I'm not sure if it's even possible to get them (Unless I'm looking at the wrong places). Here are the missing TMs

TM04 Calm Mind (normally obtained after defeating Tate & Liza. They give you Psychic instead)

TM07 Hail (Originally found in Shoal Cave. Don't exactly remember what it was replaced with though. I think it was either a heart scale or the TM for Focus Punch)

TM11 Sunny Day (Originally in the Scorched Slab, the item in the Slab is now a Mystic Ticket)

TM12 Taunt (Originally rewarded to you after completing Trick House Puzzle 5. The Trick Master just gives you berries with the final Trick House giving you the Red/Blue Tent and access to Rayquaza)

TM18 Rain Dance (originally found in the Abandoned Ship. The Abandoned Ship now has 2 Ice Beam TMs)

TM22 Solar Beam (Originally found in the Safari Zone. The Item in it's original location is now a heart scale)

TM25 Thunder (Originally can be purchased in the Lilycove Department Store. Was replaced with either Sludge Bomb or Steel Wing since Hyper Beam was also removed from the Department store though that TM can be found in the Battle Frontier)

TM37 Sandstorm (originally found in Route 111. Don't remember what was it was replaced with)

TM44 Rest (originally given to you by a man in Lilycove City. Said person has been removed from his original location and most likely removed from the game)

I don't think it's possible to obtain most of them without cheating but if anyone actually knows if any of the 9 lost TMs can be obtained without hacking let me know and I'll update my Google Docs

The only location I haven't tried yet is Trainer Hill since if you reach the top of the tower in Normal Mode in under 12 minutes, you would normally get the TM11. Don't have a proper team for this one but I'm pretty sure with the right team, you can do it in under 12 minutes especially since the NPC's teams haven't change from the original game (much like the trainers in the Battle Frontier) so you can just look up their team on Bulbapedia.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 21, 2021
Porygon can, at level 42.

Oh I downloaded the dex numbers things and I scrolled to Porygon and it didnt say about Porygon being able to evolve via level up, thanks. I take it all impossible evos can evolve somehow? Is there any documents I can look at to see how to evolve all of them if theyve been changed?

Thanks for the response! =)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 12, 2022
Oh I downloaded the dex numbers things and I scrolled to Porygon and it didnt say about Porygon being able to evolve via level up, thanks. I take it all impossible evos can evolve somehow? Is there any documents I can look at to see how to evolve all of them if theyve been changed?

Thanks for the response! =)

Are you sure about that? I'm looking at Gen3tool's pokemon editor and it says porygon evolves at level 42. See part 2 of this guide I posted on the forums a while ago where I go over every evolution change in the game (which includes changing trade evolutions to either level up or evolutionary stones)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EEYQ_eoRntlWUOKokVflq-HfiAcL5cnFlU0THtiXb_k/edit

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Feb 28, 2021
Hello! Does anyone know if the game has Kaizo-exclusive Egg moves?? I want an Aerodactyl with Sky Attack (im pretty sure that winona has one and its a nice move since aerodactyl has Rock Head as an ability). It doesnt learn it via level-up nor with a Heart Scale (i checked with the Move tutor).

Im currently trying to breed one and will probably report my results here but maybe someone already has a list of kaizo egg moves (if there are at all)

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Feb 28, 2021
Hello! Does anyone know if the game has Kaizo-exclusive Egg moves?? I want an Aerodactyl with Sky Attack (im pretty sure that winona has one and its a nice move since aerodactyl has Rock Head as an ability). It doesnt learn it via level-up nor with a Heart Scale (i checked with the Move tutor).

Im currently trying to breed one and will probably report my results here but maybe someone already has a list of kaizo egg moves (if there are at all)

Well, that was fast xd. I bred an Aerodactyl from a female Aerodactyl (with everstone cos i wanted to inherit the nature) and a male Pidgeot (who already had learned Sky Attack). Sadly, the baby didn't came with Sky Attack wich leaves me kinda stumped as to how some trainers have it (cheaty trainers mmm). If anyone knows how to teach it that move (or maybe thinks i did a mistake) pls let me know

Back