• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rai's Pixel-Related Things

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
Years
Well, I've been trying my hand at some pixel art, but I've been getting pretty lazy. So I only have a bit to show:

Pokemon Overworlds:

Spoiler:

Tiles:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Serris

The Constant
Years
Everything great except the back sprites of the in-battle trainer. It's good and all, but his head doesn't look right. And the bigger sprite of the trainer is ok, except the shirt's shading doesn't look right, and the hair might need some work.

Raibutai

Years
Oh, yes. I'm getting better at overworlds, but haven't had much practice with the profile or in-battle. I hope to change that, but thanks.

EDIT: I decided to add some animations to the original spritesheet:

RaiWalkingAnimation.gif
RaiBackWalkingAnimation.gif
RaiSideWalkingAnimation.gif
RaiOtherSideWalkingAnimation.gif

Last edited:

Serris

The Constant
Years
Well, keep it up. You'll get the hang of it eventually. Now, with the animations, I feel as if the shirts colour is far too bright compared to the original sprite sheet ones. I don't think brihgt green works with your character.

Demonic Puppeteer

Got lost on the road of life
Years
your "hero" ( I call it like this because you used Red's sprite sheet ) is pretty good, except the larger sprites. The hair doesn't look hairy, more like he's wearing a strange shaped hat, with weird shading. No offense, though. I really respect you've actually tried it. I know I suck at trainer backsprites, so I won't even try it =3

Raibutai

Years
The animations and the sprites use the same palettes... The profile and backsprites were slapped together, really. I made them in under 10 minutes.

.-.

Raibutai

Years
D:

That wasn't the intention. Gary's sprite in HG/SS looks completely different:

Gary.png

But yes, thanks for the feedback. I need to change the hair up...

EDIT: This the extended revamp spritesheet:

RaiOverworld4thgennew.png

The shoes look a bit funny...

Last edited:

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
Years
Not bad, I have been trying to make new characters myself, but from pixel by pixel. It's not going to well though. ;)

-Okami

Raibutai

Years
Yeah, I'd recommend at least doing one spritesheet based off of one of the actual games. That's what I did, at least. :D

Raibutai

Years
Augh. This is my last double post. If this thread dies again, I won't revive it. Added tiles, check the OP.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Wow, how come no one's posting here? I mean, those overworlds are wonderful! Really good! There are a few things that could be worked on, but seriously, they're really good!

The hair of the hero overworld down sprite could use a little extra shading... But I don't have anything else to say about that one, it's really good! :) The overworld sprite with the white hair is my favorite, I have nothing to mention about that one it's fine the way it is xD The overworld with the green shirt is also really good, again, maybe you should add extra shading to the hair of the down sprite, but the rest is fine. However the shirt is a bit too bright xD

Your revamp is good as well, nothing that's wrong with it. It looks great, although I'm not such a fan of D/P/P overworlds xD They're heads are always to big xD

I'd also like to see more tiles! These are pretty good, how about some trees?

Anyway, keep on going! I'm surprised that no one has posted in the last few days.

mitchell114

Owner of Pokemon Yango version
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2016
I really like your tiles. Hopefully you can make more of them, goodluck.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
Very nice <3
I think I'll definately use that large "village Pokemon Center", if you wouldn't mind.

Crafting is good- except for the hair on the first overworld's side views and backsprites.
The black-haired overworld's hair is way too unnaturally spikey.

I like your work; I think your strong point is buildings, though.

[Oh, and BTW, a thread dies only dies after 31 days of inactivity. you don't have to bump it every other day, you know. the only time the bump was needed so far was the Apr. 7th to 21st bump :/]

Back