• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~The Normal Maniacs: Normal-Type Fan Club~

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
~The Normal Maniacs~

The Normal-Type Fan Club

eEa1v.png

Announcements
*If any of you are interested in becoming the Club's Vice President or a Graphic Designer please send Normal Spirit a Personal Message, thank you!*

Club Champion

Club Elite Four

Code of Conduct
1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Groups' rules.
2. Please don't spam, troll, harass or fight. You know how much we hate the fighting type :P
3. Try to keep active please!
4. Everyone can choose one partner Pokemon from the list upon joining and a nickname for you or your Pokemon if you want.
5. Have fun!

Sign-Up Form
Username:
Your Pokémon Team:
Your Pokémon Partner:
Reason for joining:
Answer the current topic!

List Of Pokemon
16.png
17.png
18.png
19.png
20.png
21.png
22.png
35.png
36.png
39.png
40.png
52.png
53.png
83.png
84.png
85.png
108.png
113.png
115.png
128.png
132.png
133.png
137.png
143.png
161.png
162.png
163.png
164.png
173.png
174.png
175.png
176.png
190.png
203.png
206.png
209.png
210.png
216.png
217.png
233.png
234.png
235.png
241.png
242.png
263.png
264.png
276.png
277.png
287.png
288.png
289.png
293.png
294.png
295.png
298.png
300.png
301.png
327.png
333.png
335.png
351.png
352.png
396.png
397.png
398.png
399.png
400.png
424.png
427.png
428.png
431.png
432.png
440.png
441.png
446.png
463.png
468.png
474.png
486.png
493.png
504.png
505.png
506.png
507.png
508.png
519.png
520.png
521.png
531.png
572.png
573.png
585.png
586.png
626.png
627.png
628.png
648.png

President
-Normal Spirit
53.png

Vice President
~Searching~

Club Graphic Designers
~Searching~

Members List
-jellicentfan1
351.png
-CloysterOyster
133.png
-Narnia
233.png
-Mokoko
162.png
-Cirno
572.png

Userbars
NormalMemberUserbar_zps37deb52f.png

Banner
banner.php

Topic
What are your biggest hopes for Pokemon X and Y as far as Normal-Type Pokemon design and concept is concerned?

Club Champion & Elite Four Positions Rules
To become qualified for these positions is simple. Win numerous battles with other club members. Depending on the results from those battles, the positions will be filled. A MINIMUM of five candidates is needed to host a club Wi-Fi tournament. The first place winner will become the Club Champion, the second place winner will become the fourth member(Elite Four Leader) of the elite four, the third place winner will become the third member of the elite four, and so forth.

Any Challengers to the existing Elite Four & Champion will work as follows:
1. If the challenger defeats some but not the rest(doesn't make it to the Champion or loses to the Champion), the Challenger will battle the last opponent that he defeated.

EXAMPLE: If I beat the Elite Four but lose to the Champion, I will battle the Elite Four Leader, no one else.

2. In the event of the Challenger succeeding in defeating an Elite Four member, the challenger will then be declared the newest member of the Elite Four and will take the place of the Trainer he defeated.

*In the example above, if I were to beat the Elite Four Leader, I would become the newest Elite Four Leader and the defeated would be forced to resign. The same is true for all positions.*

3. If a challenger defeats the Champion, the challenger will obviously become the new Champion.​

4. If you are a member of the Elite Four or the Champion, you can only use the Pokemon that you used to win. In other words, the team that you had when you made it on the records is the team you use throughout your career in the Club Battle Leadership. Your team will be recorded before entering into the tournament via post on this thread, you CANNOT switch out Pokemon between battles. Choose your best!

*IMPORTANT- Your team must be at LEAST 50%(3 Pokemon) Normal-Type to qualify for official Club tournaments.*

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Your Pokémon Team:I assume you mean a team of Normal Pokemon so here it is
351.png

Cloud @Damp Rock
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Weather Ball

22.png

Felix @Choice Band
-Return
-Drill Peck
-Drill Run
-U-Turn

586.png

Seasons @Life Orb
-Swords Dance
-Return
-Horn Leech
-Jump Kick

441.png

Chatterz @Leftovers
-Substitute
-Nasty Plot
-Chatter
-Heat Wave

300.png

Woohoo @Life Orb
-Fake Out
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Zen Headbutt

217.png

Big Bear @Toxic Orb
-Facade
-Protect
-Close Combat
-Crunch

Your Pokémon Partner: Cloud the Castform <3
Ani351MS.png

Reason for joining:There are many reasons I joined this club. First of all, I want to start posting in this section more because I have always been a HUGE fan of Pokemon Clubs but I have never had the time or either I have just been lazy. But it is never too late to start so I shall now! Secondly, normal Pokemon have always been really really interesting to me because the selection of them is very broad and there are always so many to choose from in-game. Normal Pokemon are the most versatile Pokemon in the game because they can learn so many moves and play many different roles. There are also so many adorable little normal Pokemon such as Castform, Skitty, Pidgey, Meowth, Chatot, Happiny, Aipom, and so many more! I cannot find a normal Pokemon that I just do not like. The most important reason for me joining though is getting to have my little Castform as my partner. I just love him and he will always be my favorite Pokemon.

Castform! If I haven't made it obvious, Castform is my favorite Pokemon of all time. It is not just my favorite normal type. He is so cute and versatile how could anyone hate him? I fell in love from the day I got mine in Ruby and I used him on my team from then until I completed the game.

Last edited:

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Username: jellicentfan1

Your Pokémon Team:I assume you mean a team of Normal Pokemon so here it is
351.png

Cloud @Damp Rock
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Weather Ball

22.png

Felix @Choice Band
-Return
-Drill Peck
-Drill Run
-U-Turn

586.png

Seasons @Life Orb
-Swords Dance
-Return
-Horn Leech
-Jump Kick

441.png

Chatterz @Leftovers
-Substitute
-Nasty Plot
-Chatter
-Heat Wave

300.png

Woohoo @Life Orb
-Fake Out
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Zen Headbutt

217.png

Big Bear @Toxic Orb
-Facade
-Protect
-Close Combat
-Crunch

Your Pokémon Partner: Cloud the Castform <3
Ani351MS.png

Reason for joining:There are many reasons I joined this club. First of all, I want to start posting in this section more because I have always been a HUGE fan of Pokemon Clubs but I have never had the time or either I have just been lazy. But it is never too late to start so I shall now! Secondly, normal Pokemon have always been really really interesting to me because the selection of them is very broad and there are always so many to choose from in-game. Normal Pokemon are the most versatile Pokemon in the game because they can learn so many moves and play many different roles. There are also so many adorable little normal Pokemon such as Castform, Skitty, Pidgey, Meowth, Chatot, Happiny, Aipom, and so many more! I cannot find a normal Pokemon that I just do not like. The most important reason for me joining though is getting to have my little Castform as my partner. I just love him and he will always be my favorite Pokemon.

Castform! If I haven't made it obvious, Castform is my favorite Pokemon of all time. It is not just my favorite normal type. He is so cute and versatile how could anyone hate him? I fell in love from the day I got mine in Ruby and I used him on my team from then until I completed the game.

Welcome jellicentfan1! I'm really excited to have you as a part of this club! Castform is an interesting little guy I will admit. He is hard to use from personal experience so you must be an awesome opponent to battle. I already added you to the member roster, if there's anything else I can do for you let me know! New information will be coming within the next few days so watch out for that :).

Again, welcome to The Normal Maniacs!

Sirfetch’d

Welcome jellicentfan1! I'm really excited to have you as a part of this club! Castform is an interesting little guy I will admit. He is hard to use from personal experience so you must be an awesome opponent to battle. I already added you to the member roster, if there's anything else I can do for you let me know! New information will be coming within the next few days so watch out for that :).

Again, welcome to The Normal Maniacs!

Yay! You are right! Castform is really hard to use, but luckily he learns really good moves to make up for that. Just a little patience and training is all it takes to use Castform and he is really great in-game. I'd never use him competitively though haha.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Yay! You are right! Castform is really hard to use, but luckily he learns really good moves to make up for that. Just a little patience and training is all it takes to use Castform and he is really great in-game. I'd never use him competitively though haha.

I believe that you can use any Pokemon competitively, that would be awesome if you developed a way to integrate your castform into an amazing team. I updated the Club information in the main post concerning the Elite Four and Champion rules. I would love to see a castform user up there :P.

By the way, do you know an easy way to find the dimensions of posts? I am trying to infuse CSS things into the Club but I am having a hard time. I really want a background, it would look sweet for our club!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner: Eevee
Pokémon team:

474.png

Porygon-Z @ Scope Lens
Ability: Analytic

-Conversion 2
-Psybeam
-Lock-On
-Tri Attack

053.png

Persian @ Quick Claw
Ability: Limber

-Fury Swipes
-Bite
-Slash
-Night Slash

115.png

Kangaskhan @ Scope Lens
Ability: Scrappy

-Comet Punch
-Mega Punch
-Dizzy Punch
-Sucker Punch

203.png

Girafarig @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Inner Focus

-Psybeam
-Stomp
-Crunch
-Odor Sleuth

132.png

Ditto @ Metal Powder
Ability: Imposter

-Transform

242.png

Blissey @ Lucky Punch
Ability: Serene Grace

-DoubleSlap
-Softboiled
-Egg Bomb
-Double-Edge

Reason for joining: I love Normal-types and believe they are vastly overlooked.
Favorite Normal-type: I would have to say either Eevee or Porygon. Eevee can evolve into 8 other Pokémon and Porygon is man-made and can evolve twice with the help of an Up-grade and Dubious Disc. They have their pros and cons (weak to Fighting and can't hit Ghost-types but can evolve and gain more powers).

Last edited:

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Hey everyone just so you know I updated the main post including the definition of your Pokemon team. My intent was to allow Pokemon teams consisting of at LEAST 50%(3 Pokemon) Normal-Type Pokemon, so your whole team doesn't have to be Normal-Type(For example, my team in my signature).

Welcome Cloysteroyster! I'm glad to have you in the group! I see that you favor Ditto and Porygon, I like your taste :). I like those Pokemon a lot too.

I hope that you will have fun with the other members here in the club and that you will help us become better than we were before. I look forward to getting to know you more! Feel free to send me a Friend Request if you like.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Hey everyone just so you know I updated the main post including the definition of your Pokemon team. My intent was to allow Pokemon teams consisting of at LEAST 50%(3 Pokemon) Normal-Type Pokemon, so your whole team doesn't have to be Normal-Type(For example, my team in my signature).

Welcome Cloysteroyster! I'm glad to have you in the group! I see that you favor Ditto and Porygon, I like your taste :). I like those Pokemon a lot too.

I hope that you will have fun with the other members here in the club and that you will help us become better than we were before. I look forward to getting to know you more! Feel free to send me a Friend Request if you like.

I sent you a friend request. I like Ditto because it can morph into any Pokemon and Porygon was much sought after when I used to play the Game Boy Color games. I had to have one with each game I played, just loved it and its moveset. Better than before? Does that have something to do with the previous Normal-type group? I've noticed it's gone.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
I sent you a friend request. I like Ditto because it can morph into any Pokemon and Porygon was much sought after when I used to play the Game Boy Color games. I had to have one with each game I played, just loved it and its moveset. Better than before? Does that have something to do with the previous Normal-type group? I've noticed it's gone.

Accepted your request :). No I was meaning the current club. I looked at the last club before making this one, it was fantastic! I don't understand how it fell into inactivity :( but I hope that it won't happen here! We already have a great club :D.

I remember those days back in the 90's when Porygon was rare too, a mysterious Pokemon indeed!

Sirfetch’d

I believe that you can use any Pokemon competitively, that would be awesome if you developed a way to integrate your castform into an amazing team. I updated the Club information in the main post concerning the Elite Four and Champion rules. I would love to see a castform user up there :P.

By the way, do you know an easy way to find the dimensions of posts? I am trying to infuse CSS things into the Club but I am having a hard time. I really want a background, it would look sweet for our club!

I tried using him competitively haha XD Didn't work. He is just too slow and fragile. Easily defeated.

As for the CSS..I am not great with it, but there is a guide stickied at the top of the Club forum :)

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
I tried using him competitively haha XD Didn't work. He is just too slow and fragile. Easily defeated.

As for the CSS..I am not great with it, but there is a guide stickied at the top of the Club forum :)

Haha that's too bad :/. I've been reading the CSS guide in this forum but it doesn't provide all the details such as the average size(width, height, etc...) of a post. It can be a little confusing but I will worry about it later.

Do you have any suggestions for the group so far?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Narnia
Your Pokémon Team(At LEAST 50% Normal-Type):

I can't be bothered to do movesets and items, so apologies! I might edit it in later when I have the chance though. Also went with a normal monotype team because why not? Normal types are a great type by themselves. On a side note, this team is so non-serious that it isn't even funny. I mainly picked on how cute they were and some were just as references to the greatest trainers of all time. (hint hint: joey) ;D

Porygon2
Girafarig
Swablu
Dunsparce
Rattata (my rattata outclasses joey's and that's saying something)
Munchlax

Your Pokémon Partner: Porygon2

Reason for joining:

Why wouldn't you join? Normal types are amazing and by far one of the best types in the game. They don't look like much at first sight, but really they can be as fearsome as dragons and things that can shoot fireballs. With their only weakness being Fighting, normal types don't have to fear much. Yes arguably their moves are resisted by a lot of Pokemon and they don't have any super effectivenesses, but they have access to such a huge movepool compared to other types. Take for example, Joey's top percentage Rattata- that thing could freeze you to your death if it really wanted to. Normal types are also one of the first types in the game and I always try to include one on my team because they can wreck havoc. They're so easy and fun to use, it really doesn't require too much skill to work with them. Most of their designs are awesome as well. What's not to love about normal types?

Answer the current topic:

Porygon2! I never paid much attention to that cheeky duck until I got into competitive. It really is something! It looks so harmless and sometimes you wonder what its doing up in the higher tiers, but I'll tell you what its doing- being a mischief maker! Stalling, walling, attacking, Porygon2 can do all sorts of things that its evolution can't. With access to much better defenses and an Eviolite, Porygon2 is almost impossible to take down and I find it extremely fun to use. Add in the fact that its the cutest rubber duck I've ever seen. <3;

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Username: Narnia
Your Pokémon Team(At LEAST 50% Normal-Type):

I can't be bothered to do movesets and items, so apologies! I might edit it in later when I have the chance though. Also went with a normal monotype team because why not? Normal types are a great type by themselves. On a side note, this team is so non-serious that it isn't even funny. I mainly picked on how cute they were and some were just as references to the greatest trainers of all time. (hint hint: joey) ;D

Porygon2
Girafarig
Swablu
Dunsparce
Rattata (my rattata outclasses joey's and that's saying something)
Munchlax

Your Pokémon Partner: Porygon2

Reason for joining:

Why wouldn't you join? Normal types are amazing and by far one of the best types in the game. They don't look like much at first sight, but really they can be as fearsome as dragons and things that can shoot fireballs. With their only weakness being Fighting, normal types don't have to fear much. Yes arguably their moves are resisted by a lot of Pokemon and they don't have any super effectivenesses, but they have access to such a huge movepool compared to other types. Take for example, Joey's top percentage Rattata- that thing could freeze you to your death if it really wanted to. Normal types are also one of the first types in the game and I always try to include one on my team because they can wreck havoc. They're so easy and fun to use, it really doesn't require too much skill to work with them. Most of their designs are awesome as well. What's not to love about normal types?

Answer the current topic:

Porygon2! I never paid much attention to that cheeky duck until I got into competitive. It really is something! It looks so harmless and sometimes you wonder what its doing up in the higher tiers, but I'll tell you what its doing- being a mischief maker! Stalling, walling, attacking, Porygon2 can do all sorts of things that its evolution can't. With access to much better defenses and an Eviolite, Porygon2 is almost impossible to take down and I find it extremely fun to use. Add in the fact that its the cutest rubber duck I've ever seen. <3;

You don't have to worry about the moveset :P so welcome! I agree wit everything you said about the Normal type, it's darn amazing! Persian is my favorite Normal type Pokemon, it's so cute :3

I hope that you will have a great time here in the Normal-Type Club! Any ideas that you have will definitely be heard because with all of us, this place can be awesome :).

P.S. The topic has been changed so feel free to answer it if any of you wish :).

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

To answer the current topic, I will say my favorite Normal type leader is Norman. Not only is he a bit of a challenge, but the first gym leader that is your parent. I find that really cool and unusual and for that reason he is my favorite normal type leader. Hopefully X&Y will give us a cool normal type leader!

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
To answer the current topic, I will say my favorite Normal type leader is Norman. Not only is he a bit of a challenge, but the first gym leader that is your parent. I find that really cool and unusual and for that reason he is my favorite normal type leader. Hopefully X&Y will give us a cool normal type leader!

I agree with that. Norman is quite the challenge and an unusual character.

However for me, I would have to say that when I think of the Normal-Type, I think of Whitney from Johto. She was darn hard in that game haha, her Miltank waas sooo annoying XD.

Sirfetch’d

I agree with that. Norman is quite the challenge and an unusual character.

However for me, I would have to say that when I think of the Normal-Type, I think of Whitney from Johto. She was darn hard in that game haha, her Miltank waas sooo annoying XD.

Whitney is amazing. I loved how she was a challenge back in GSC, however I didn't seem to have as much trouble with her in HG/SS.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Whitney is amazing. I loved how she was a challenge back in GSC, however I didn't seem to have as much trouble with her in HG/SS.

I hope they didn't nerf her, she was amazing. She's my favorite Normal-Type Gym Leader, I hope that they have a member of the Elite Four using the Normal type in X & Y! That would be great and very unexpected haha.

Sirfetch’d

I hope they didn't nerf her, she was amazing. She's my favorite Normal-Type Gym Leader, I hope that they have a member of the Elite Four using the Normal type in X & Y! That would be great and very unexpected haha.

That would be really unusual seeing as we have never had a Normal type elite four member before!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
My favorite Normal-type gym leader is Lenora. Watching her use the simplest of Normal-types to catch Ash off guard in the anime was awesome. She made Normal-types interesting again.

Sirfetch’d

My favorite Normal-type gym leader is Lenora. Watching her use the simplest of Normal-types to catch Ash off guard in the anime was awesome. She made Normal-types interesting again.

Totally forgot about Lenora, but she was really awesome in the anime. I guess though she never really stood out to me in the games because I really hated her gym and she was really my least favorite of the Unova leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back