• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Cycling Road

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
Does anyone do try to go over the bridge on your Mach Bike?

Ya know the bridge that's on Route 110 and the man at the end tells you how well you did and how many collisions have happened.

How well did you do? Did you cross without banging into anyone or even stopping?

Me, epic fail. LOL

I always seem to crash into someone or the wall and number of collisions are always more than 2.

Hey I heard that you get a master ball if you do well.....

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Lol Route 110 was in R/S/E, not FR/LG. Last time I tried doing the Mach Bike challenge, it went over pretty good. I almost made it without stopping or colliding, but then one of the triathletes at the end moved right in front of me -__-
That was probably the best I've ever done. I still run into the wall when using the Acro Bike...

[CELEBRATION]Yay, 100th post![/CELEBRATION]

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
...You mean the Cycling Road? And RSE? I'll fix the title and prefix...

Anyway, I used to think you got a prize, so I practiced and practiced and I was disappointed when I perfected it and got nothing. As a result, I think I can do it blindfolded...my wasted life, you see.

Years
It took me a lot of retries to get 0 collisions.. before that I was racking up from 10-20 collisions before finally getting down to 5ish and then 0, haha. I was awful. D:

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2013
Please tell me how to pass me the labyrinth to the fourth medal in the Pokémon battle fire

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I've managed to get 0 collisions, but my time was like over a minute. xD

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
In Sapphire, I got like... No collisions in under 30 seconds one time. He was just like: "Congrats! You get nothing!"

*sigh* I am disappointed.

Sirfetch’d

I used to do this to pass time while hatching eggs. I eventually got to where I could do it easily every time, but at first I had a very hard time crashing into the other bikers ;-;

Years
I can get 0 collision and under 10 seconds easily if I try. However it's quite annoying for some random guy to tell me how I did something that I don't even try to do 99.99% of the time. Plus it's a completely useless feature as it adds nothing to the actual gameplay.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
With the Acro Bike, I could get through the entire Cycling Road without any collisions. Can't do the same thing with a Mach Bike, though. I always end up getting myself into collisions with it. The least amount of collisions I had while riding this bike was three, I think. Haha. It's quite hard for me to avoid crashes with the Mach Bike, because it's just too much fast!

Years
I must've spent hours back on Sapphire learning how to do the cycling road perfectly on a Mach Bike, which was really convenient when hatching eggs. Just like Sydian, I could probably do it blindfolded at this point, even though I haven't played the game in a few months.

EDIT: Just popped in my Sapphire cartridge right now and finished in 9.6 seconds with no collisons on the first try. I think that the fastest possible time is 9.16, but that's still not bad after not playing for quite a while.

Last edited:

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
When I was really young and bored i would try to do it perfectly. Soooo after a long boring time I managed to finish perfectly.... Waste of my life...

Years
After trying to get Rayquaza a couple of times...I think I mastered the Mach Bike...when I did the Cycle Road...my average is like 10 sec.s 1 or 0 collisions...now I always get about 9 seconds and 0 collisions. I find I can skate around the map from town to town in perfect motion, too. o.o

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 19, 2019
i legit forgot there was a cycling road in hoenn until this post -_-

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I dislike the Mach Bike so I don't usually do this. I was playing earlier today and accidentally grabbed the Mach Bike instead of the Acro Bike, and the guy said I had like 8 collisions and took over a minute and basically told me I was a miserable failure. lol

I really don't see why they added the feature in the game. I guess people who get competitive over little things might enjoy it.

Back