• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nintendo Pokemon Rom Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Nintendo Pokemon Rom Editor

by pichu2001​

Installation

Extract your rar file on a directory, then follow these steps.

• Open the program.
  • It generate a Texture directory with a material.txt void file.
  • Delete this folder and extract files from Textures.zip

At the end of the process, you need to have a folder Textures with a bunch of btx file inner.

Be careful: You don't have a Textures/Textures/file.btx, but a Textyures/file.btx directly.

Features

• Inner built-in NDS ROM explorer (Viewer, not Editor)
  • Support for these format.

* Nintendo Archive (.NARC) - Open, Extract.
    * AB Archive (.AB) - Open, Extract.
    * Nintendo Model (.NSBMD) - Open, Save, Edit, Extract.
  • In particular for Pokèmon Game we have.

* Pokèmon Maps (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black2, White2).

** Movement - Open, Save, Edit
    ** Object - Open, Save, Edit (Some bug with 5TH Generation Game).
    ** Model (Same features of NSBMD)

* Pokèmon Script (Diamond, Pearl, Black, White) - WIP. Only View, with some problem regarding movement and a lot of unsupported command.

* Pokèmon Events (Diamond, Pearl) - WIP Only view.
  • A very rough Hex Viewer for all file (into NDS ROM).

FAQ

1)How can I open a NDS ROM?

• Go to File, Open and select your ROM.
  • Into the Tree Viewer, you can see a rapresentation of File System (Like Windows Directory) of your ROM.

2)How can I open a Map?

After your open the ROM, you need to go on a particular file (depending from ROM).

• Diamond, Pearl : /root/fielddata/land_data/land_data_release.narc
  • Platinum : /root/fielddata/land_data/land_data.narc
  • Heart Gold, Soul Silver: /root/a/0/6/5/5
  • Black, White, Black2, White2 : /root/a/0/0/8/8

Now, you have two choice

• Open a singe map file --> Doing this sequence: Right Click, Open, Click on little +, choose an internal file, Right Clik on it, Open as, Map.
  • Open entire NARC as container of Map --> Doing this sequence: Right Click, Open as, Narc (3D).

After, you must see a little Window with five choices: DP, Pl, HGSS, Bw, BW2, Other.
You need to choose the right ROM origin, then click OK.

If all going well, a new Window appear, with a Blue Rectangle (we call it Renderer) on the right (If is Black, there's a bug).
On the left of Renderer, we have four Slider (Zoom, Elevation, Rotate, Translation) that move Camera on Renderer.
If you have chosen single map file, you need only to move these slider.
If you have chosen NARC container, you need to choose the map from a List (on the left of Slider), then move Slider.

3)How can I edit a Map?

First you need to choice What edit.

Movements

• Click on Tab Movements, and you see a big coloured Table (32*32 Cells).
  • Edit a Cell.
  • Click on Save Button

Note: You need to save the entire Map for have a real editing.
So, go to File, Save, Map and create a new File. Then File, Open, Map, choose Map Origin, and continue Editing).
Note 2: For reinsert the Map into ROM, you need to use another Tool that can repack NARC.

Objects

• Click on Tab Object, and you see two elements: a big coloured Table similar to Movement (Not editable) and another table with Object Data.
  • Each Row rapresent an Object. You can Add, Remove Object.
  • After, click on Save Button and follow the same steps of Movement to make a real editing (see Note and Note 2:)

Model

This is the most complicated part.
Each Model is divided into different polygon (You can choose which polygon view on Renderer through PolygonVisible command).
You can edit:

• Association Table: Table contained into SubTab Materials, that link each Polygon with a material, a texture and a palette.
    Over Association Table there are two lists that contains Texture Name and Palette Name that you can use for this map.
    Use these values to modify the Texture and Palette Columns of Association Table.
    Remember to click Save button and to Save global (like Object and Materials).
  • Polygon Table: Table contained into SubTab Polygon.
    These table contains the OPENGL command for a single Polygon (Based on PolygonVisible value).
    For now you can change only Const and Const2 columns, not directly X,Y,Z.
    It's not easy to do, but for now it's the only way to edit a NSBMD.
    Remember to click Save button and to Save global

4)There's a BUG, an Exception. Why?
The motivation would be different for each exception, so tell me on my thread on pokecommunity, and I hope I can help you.

Credits

• Me
  • SentryAlphaOmega, for his Basic Viewer
  • Team Fail and Full Metal, for their Modded Viewer
  • All you that give me your feedback
  • Nintendo and other friends.

Download Link
https://rapidshare.com/files/2849339460/Beta4.0.zip (18/7/12)

NEW
https://rapidshare.com/files/2391319562/Beta4.1.zip (19/7/12)

Screenshot
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9752/twinleaf.png

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/9094/scriptviewerbw2.png

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8175/sangitown.png

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8050/provadesmume.png

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8586/pewterb.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Good to see a new editor for 4th gen hacking!
I hope more updates :p

Edit : Permissions Movements works fine.
Good job! (i have not time to test all, sorry)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
I can change with NPRE b001 Pearl Diamond Platinum Edition is the gold heart and soul silver not change, I change the heart and soul silver gold map file is a/0/6/5, is not I got it wrong? If I am wrong, please let NPRE b001 under you heart and soul into gold silver map file.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
I can change with NPRE b001 Pearl Diamond Platinum Edition is the gold heart and soul silver not change, I change the heart and soul silver gold map file is a/0/6/5, is not I got it wrong? If I am wrong, please let NPRE b001 under you heart and soul into gold silver map file.

Sorry, but I have 5 exams the next week so i can't work on tool in this period. But my tool already have hgss support(for movement and 3d object, like Dp).
Do you rename the file hg_land.narc?

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Sorry, but I have 5 exams the next week so i can't work on tool in this period. But my tool already have hgss support(for movement and 3d object, like Dp).
Do you rename the file hg_land.narc?
I opened it! Thank you~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Hi!
I worked on this period on a new interface of my tool, and i can load almost all the nsbmd part of the map(vertex,sbc and other thing).
I'm a little busy(5 exams next week) but i can give you a preview of my work.

newinterface.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Hi!
I worked on this period on a new interface of my tool, and i can load almost all the nsbmd part of the map(vertex,sbc and other thing).
I'm a little busy(5 exams next week) but i can give you a preview of my work.

newinterface.png
My heart and soul silver gold hacker encountered a difficulty that I hackers other house, the first house and the door will disappear, and sometimes all the houses and the doors are gone, this is a BUG it? If so, please fix the next.

Also change the door, I changed the first door of the house the house is gone, there are other houses out of doors, house doors lead oblique point, this is the BUG it? Yes, please also under repair.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
My heart and soul silver gold hacker encountered a difficulty that I hackers other house, the first house and the door will disappear, and sometimes all the houses and the doors are gone, this is a BUG it? If so, please fix the next.

Also change the door, I changed the first door of the house the house is gone, there are other houses out of doors, house doors lead oblique point, this is the BUG it? Yes, please also under repair.

Thanks for your issue.
I decided to release beta002 for my tool. There's the feature
- Same of beta001 (With fixed part, thanks to 805587804)
- Display bw movement and models(not edit yet)
- Display a lot of useful info of nsbmd file (not edit yet)

For the 1.0 version I wanna insert a nsbmd viewer, like suggest team fail, but it's very difficult to implement a opengl viewer(if someone wanna help me, i appreciate.)

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
I already give a look to P4G Viewer and others similar...
But the nsbmd load method is very different from mine (I don't want to rewrite all my code) so i wanna try to make nsbmd viewer from scratch, using my variables and my structures.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Team, i appreciate your help.
The real problem is that i don't really know how to "insert" pg4map in my source code without destroy my tool. But with your help maybe we can do it. Do you wanna help me to "adapt" pg4 on my tool (or to adapt my tool to p4g)?

link12552

decade club
Years
This is a good step in the right direction. - Good Job!

If anyone ever needs some help with C#, I'd be glad to help.
I primarily use C# for my programs (NSE 2.X, and several high performance 3d and 2d games), and have become quite good at it over the years.
I also know VB (NSE Classic) and some c++ if that could help.

It's awesome to see ROM-hacking advance to DS games. I'm eagerly watching to see what happens :D

link12552

decade club
Years
I think you might be the person that can help here. I'll go and get my PG4Map mods and get them together and get their sources together and I'll upload it. Then, you can convert it to VB and merge it with the NDS Pkmn editor and incorperate PG4Map into it!
Sounds great, but does it have to be VB? C# is such a cleaner more advanced language, and it may be better in the long run to convert everything to C#.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Thanks for your issue.
I decided to release beta002 for my tool. There's the feature
- Same of beta001 (With fixed part, thanks to 805587804)
- Display bw movement and models(not edit yet)
- Display a lot of useful info of nsbmd file (not edit yet)

For the 1.0 version I wanna insert a nsbmd viewer, like suggest team fail, but it's very difficult to implement a opengl viewer(if someone wanna help me, i appreciate.)
I found a BUG, is this tool, that hackers complete a map, put the fork off the map, and then point the "1" after the map open map.
The second map mess BUG is open:
p.aspx

After repair I am saying these BUG, I hope you add this tool on the "grass", "high grass", etc.

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
This is a good step in the right direction. - Good Job!

If anyone ever needs some help with C#, I'd be glad to help.
I primarily use C# for my programs (NSE 2.X, and several high performance 3d and 2d games), and have become quite good at it over the years.
I also know VB (NSE Classic) and some c++ if that could help.

It's awesome to see ROM-hacking advance to DS games. I'm eagerly watching to see what happens :D

Same here! I've been reading up on C#, and I'm pretty familiar with C and C++, and I've tinkered with VB.NET ( which isn't terribly different than C# evidently.... ). Either way, I'd gladly contribute if you guys needed. Or rather -- I'd try to contribute. I might have to look up some tutorials on 3D rendering and such. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
I found a BUG, is this tool, that hackers complete a map, put the fork off the map, and then point the "1" after the map open map.
The second map mess BUG is open:
p.aspx

After repair I am saying these BUG, I hope you add this tool on the "grass", "high grass", etc.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Some news!
A month ago, I decided to inglobate my tool on PG4Map source code, so during this period I was rewriting my tool in C#(Very long work, but necessary)
I wanna give you news about status of new tool.
-Showing NSBMD(100%) (thanks to Sentry)
-Showing only certain polygon(70%).
-Swapping from texture mode to wireframe(70%)
-Loading Verticles and info(100%)
-Loading Movements(100%)
-Loading Object(100%)

Here'ìs an image of the actual new interface.

http://www.imagehost.it/di-MSL6.png

The conversion is still at early stage(I don't know if i convert narc part, is very long...) but i hope to reach beta 003 before 1st january 2012.
Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back