• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art Gallery

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Creative title, eh?

UPDATE 1: Added all images in spoilers so they would be easier to view.
UPDATE 2: I've added a cute little Marill for your viewing purposes :D

Anyways, here is my work that I would love to be critiqued on!

Marill
Spoiler:

Comments: Well, this is made to fit signatures like the others, but I used a less-thick line. Drawn and colored in GIMP with a Bamboo tablet :D

Chingling
Spoiler:

Chimecho
Spoiler:

Spheal
Spoiler:

Aipom
Spoiler:

Comments: The above four are made to fit in a signature, and thats about it. I drew the lineart and colored using GIMP and a Bamboo tablet. All were made fairly recently with the same style.

Oddish mowed over
Spoiler:

Comments: The above was an idea of mine and was roughly put together in a messy style that I like to use. It was made using a Bamboo tablet and GIMP and I made it a while ago.

Frontier Brain
Spoiler:

Frontier Brain Lineart
Spoiler:

Comments: They are the same thing; one, colored, the other, not. The lineart was pencil on paper and the other was colored using GIMP and a mouse.

Eyes
Spoiler:

Comments: I wanted to perfect my eyes a while ago, and so I did. These were made using GIMP and a mouse.

Be sure to click the images to enlarge them once you are on DA, because they look bad at the small size that they weren't made at.

Last edited:

scotlineV3

I ♥ Krabby Patties (XDDDD)
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2014

oOoOhhh poor little Odish!

Nice works!, I LIKE IT SO MUCH, make more draws cause they are so cute!
And also, there so cool, also i draw too, but i cant make pokemons, just evil monsters and funny people XDDDDD But really, Ur draws are spectacular!

Awesome :D

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
Years
I must say that your work is good. However, I would work on making your lines smoother and more, um, flowful (yay new word!). This is most evident in Ambipom's mouth and round edges.

~Prof. W.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I won't bother to say shaky lines on each. So, here's what I see.

Chingling:
The color doesn't quite fit. Other than that, good job.

Chimecho:
The eyes looked a bit unnatural. But, then again, I never really watched the anime and there might be a scene where Chimecho squints his eyes like that. Again, the colors are a bit too bright.

Spheal:
Needs brighter color, smaller eyes, and a reference to its tail. Otherwise good.

Aipom:
Neck looks a bit too long and the yellow coloring looks a bit unnatural. Very good when compared to others, though.

Mowed Oddish:
LAWL xD

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

oOoOhhh poor little Odish!

Nice works!, I LIKE IT SO MUCH, make more draws cause they are so cute!
And also, there so cool, also i draw too, but i cant make pokemons, just evil monsters and funny people XDDDDD But really, Ur draws are spectacular!

Awesome :D

Thank you! And I'll work on making more ;D

awesome dude haha :P great work

Thanks! :D

I must say that your work is good. However, I would work on making your lines smoother and more, um, flowful (yay new word!). This is most evident in Ambipom's mouth and round edges.

~Prof. W.

Thank you, and that is something I have trouble with. I've always had a shaky hand and it takes me forever to produce a flowful (haha) circle.

I won't bother to say shaky lines on each. So, here's what I see.

Chingling:
The color doesn't quite fit. Other than that, good job.

Chimecho:
The eyes looked a bit unnatural. But, then again, I never really watched the anime and there might be a scene where Chimecho squints his eyes like that. Again, the colors are a bit too bright.

Spheal:
Needs brighter color, smaller eyes, and a reference to its tail. Otherwise good.

Aipom:
Neck looks a bit too long and the yellow coloring looks a bit unnatural. Very good when compared to others, though.

Mowed Oddish:
LAWL xD

I have trouble picking colors I guess >_> But, I'll try harder haha. With Spheal he was supposed to be rolling towards you but I wasn't sure where the tail would fit, but it is something that I could easily add. Thank you about Aipom. It was pretty much the first non-round Pokemon if you notice XD And the Oddish was just a fun sketch I did when I first got my tablet haha.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Do you not know how to post images from dA? Your images look small enough

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Yay!! An update. This week I've had a drawing block and I couldn't draw anything decent D: Luckily I tried again tonight and I've been unblocked! Anyways, here is the new image:

Marill.png

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
The Marill is great! :D
But either the stomach aren't high enough, or maybe the mouth isn't low enough. D:

metronome

dinosaurs are cool
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
Try drawing some spherical objects from life. The shading on your pokemon pics look unnatural. Also, remember that with shadows, colors don't just keep getting darker. They lose saturation as well. Try blending you colours - the shading you have right now makes the pokemon look plasticky.

Your pictures did, however, brighten my day with their unbearable cuteness. Keep practicing!

Back