• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I don't watch that show anymore."

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
South Park, for the same reason most people stopped watching Family Guy & The Simpsons. Just not funny anymore.
House MD - I seriously love this show, it's probably my favorite ever. But season 8 is just... too different than the other seasons. And I stopped watching it since it wasn't as interesting as the first 7 seasons :\

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I often drift away from a ton of shows. Those I can think of off the top of my head:

Glee: I liked the musicals and the singing. I liked Jane Lynch's character too. I listened to / downloaded some of the sounds. Sometimes, I even preferred the Glee versions! However, I also thought the drama was becoming repetitive. XD;

My Little Pony: This show is a major-time killer and can be addicting. I was practically marathon-ing it and then... boom! I stopped watching it. I have no desire in watching their routine adventures again. I gotta wonder, did the little one, Apple bloom, ever get her cutie mark? Yeah, that was like, the only major reason why I kept clicking the next button. :(

Naruto: I loved this show when it first debuted. However, I had to stop watching it after nearly 100 episodes... I just can't follow a series for that long. My limit is about.. 80 episodes? Laziness strikes again.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
CSI. I watched it for a good while and then I stopped for a bit. When I tried to watch it again they the cast had almost completely changed and it just wasn't the same show that I used to watch anymore. I don't think I'll ever try going back and watching it again.

Supernatural. I enjoyed what I have watched of this show, but starting season three or four it was already getting hard to watch with the repetitiveness of the drama and so forth. Maybe one day I can give this show a shot again but I don't see it happening any time soon.

I know there are more of 'em but those are the two I can think of off the top of my head. I haven't watched Criminal Minds in a while but I am definitely planning on catching up so it doesn't count.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I used to watch Grey's Anatomy until all of my favorite characters started dying. I swear, there's a main character death every season. I was super upset when I happened to tune into an episode this season after not watching it for one or two seasons and learned that one (two?) characters had died, another lost a leg... etc. I hate shows like that. It's plot and character murder development, but that's an abhorrent and unfavorable way to produce either.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Naruto: Like Blade, I thought there was just too many episodes and I couldn't keep up anymore. Additionally, I stopped at volume 13 of the manga. I probably stopped before Blade did, but yeah. Not only that, I just lost interest all together.

That's really all I can think of. I thought I had more, but apparently not. I don't tend to keep up with shows anyway, so yeah.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2013
Naruto Shippuden: After they killed off Jiraya, I stopped giving a flying ****. How the hell can they just off one of the most epic perverted old guys in history and not expect to lose fans. Also after they killed Azuma and left Shikumaru fatherless and Kuranai Pregnant....just what the hell man...

I've stopped watching TV in general, except Nickalodian which ocasionally turns out a few diamonds in the rough (Legend of Koora and TMNT 2012 are prime examples) but everything else is crap these days. It's either been done to death or like most cases trying too hard to be original.

I almost quit watching Fairy Tail after the time skip episode, seven ****ing years, and they don't age the main characters at all. Seriously, you expect me to buy that....ugh....

Guest123_x1

One show that I have pretty much quit watching in recent times is Wheel of Fortune. Although I was a fan of that show since I was little, in recent years, the quality of the gameplay had been going downhill, particularly in the Bonus Round. It's actually been a long time coming, considering the plethora of changes that have been taking place since June 1995, after longtime producer Nancy Jones (who had been with the show starting with the 1974 pilots as a production staffer and promoted to (supervising) producer in late April 1976, replacing John Rhinehart) was dismissed and replaced with current executive producer Harry Friedman, on grounds that the show had become "tired and dated" and that Sony Pictures wished to take it in a different direction (Friedman was contacted for the producing job by Sony Pictures Entertainment's then-CEO Alan Levine, who was also an old friend of Friedman's.)

Bounce

Blue eyes :3
Years
Pokemon because I just grew out of the anime I guess, and I really preferred the older episodes to the newer ones.

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
I agree with whoever said Pokemon. It kind of got boring after a while. I haven't really watched it since Johto (other than a few clips).

Guy

just a guy
Years
I typically prefer to finish what I start. So I'm not one to quit a show I'm watching abruptly. That being said, there are a number of shows that I started but ended up dropping after awhile. To name a few at the top of my head:

Family Guy + The Simpsons
What I once found humorous just grew old and tired. The Simpsons earlier seasons are still golden, I'd watch those if I caught them on television and I've got nothing better to watch, but I couldn't say the same for Family Guy. That's just one show I get upset about watching because of how dumb the characters can be sometimes.

American Idol + X Factor
No more reality singing competitions for me, or any reality shows in general with the exception of King of the Nerds. I've grown weary of reality television.

Glee + Smash
I decided I would quit watching Glee when Season 3 ended. However, with nothing better to do at the time, I got into watching Season 4 and sort of enjoyed it. However, recently when I got behind on some of my shows, I just didn't feel like catching up on Glee and dropped it from my Watch-List entirely.

I actually wanted to watch NBC's Smash, another musical television series a la Glee, but I had the premiere episode sitting on my DVR for awhile that I eventually decided I quit. Season 1 was kind of a mess and even though they've seen to do a lot of reconstructing with Season 2, I just don't care enough to continue.

Digimon + Yu-Gi-Oh
After Season 4 of Digimon, I just stopped. My interest in Digimon was fading and I never seemed to follow up on the anime after that. Same goes for Yu-Gi-Oh. After the Battle City arc, I just never watched it again.

Years
I used to watch anime when I was in middle school and for a bit in high school. I don't know, I guess I grew out of it. It's really hard for me to watch now.

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
Family Guy: I used to really watch it, but now it's just plain stupid and doesn't give me any sort of laugh. I think I just grew out of stupid comedy, I like more satirical (if that's even a word...) and witty comedy more now.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Simpsons. I may watch it once and awhile (and I still watch the re-runs fairly frequently). But the new stuff? Pfff. Lost its lustre around Season 10

Years
Naruto. Every character I loved kept getting killed and the plot kept being stretched to the point where it was hard for it to hold my interest. Sad to admit since I was such a hardcore fan before Sasori's death... after that I lost interest. I still skim through the manga sometimes but it's not something I can ever be dedicated to again, probably.

Years
I hope no one is a fan of this show, but my friends and I finally gave up watching Being Human, the Syfy version, not the BBC one. From the first episode we actually found it hilariously bad, but it just kept getting more painful each new season. And there are more characters that we hated than loved, so it just seemed like the right time to end.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
I completely agree with you...

Glee would be mine. Ugh. And it's not even the drama on the show. It's just plain awful all around now. Have you seen any of the new episodes? I decided to try to watch one of the newest season that's currently airing (3 or 4?) and it was horrendous. They should have just stopped after the original cast got split up because some graduated. Actually...they should have just left it at season 1.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
With the amount of TV that I watch, it's inevitable that a large number of shows that have fallen on hard times will drop off my radar. Sometimes it's if there's a long gap between episodes and I have no desire to start watching again (The Vampire Diaries, Happy Endings), sometimes it's a positive decision to quit watching because of its massive drop in quality (The Office (US), How I Met Your Mother) and others because I just don't have time to keep up with them (can't think of any off the top of my head but there will undoubtedly have been some during my many years of life). So, yeah. Very few shows I will stay with until the end of time unless they truly deserve it.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I stopped watching HIMYM… They've dragged it out for too long and I just want to see who the damn mother is already! Luckily The Walking Dead has replaced it.

Back