• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Agreed TF. I'm not even going to lie, I'd love to moderate this section. Like, this brand new section. It's just super kawaii.

Of course, Hstaff makes that choice, not me! =P

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
I've been looking through random pages and I think I'll like it here! Discussions are very light and not even focused on one subject.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Honestly, though, I feel like D&D would be getting a new moderator before CCP does. I mean, Live might be Batman and all, but he needs his Robin to take on the terrors or discussions and debates.

That's my logic, anyway.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Sorry, my ahnds are still frozen from outside, bear with me :P

And this is quite confusing, but we'll eventually get used to it with time:)

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I like that they did this. OCD was one of my favorite sections but honestly I was mostly there for theads like this and lightheartedness. I like that the debates are their own section now.

Honest

Hi!
Years
My laundry sings in the form of a scent. Not a very pleasant melody, mind you. :C

And read the announcements if you're having trouble Jerry! Nick and Harry did a pretty good job of explaining what's happened.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Good point lol. I usually stay here now, although I pop into other sections every now and again. It'd be pretty fun modding here though tbh.

@Toujours: I think a lot of people want to be mods, but some show it more than others. And it's definitely harder than it looks. Not that much harder, but you have to know rules, know what to look for, treat members with respect, and more. If someone gets modded just for the power, they don't know what they're getting into.

Well, it's not like...they give you much more as a mod than a member. There's a set of guidelines in the section that's more about the mechanics of how to use reports and how to do things like separate one post from a thread into its own thread and stuff, and then they set you loose. It's more difficult but it's not like...more than you can see really. XD;

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
My laundry sings in the form of a scent. Not a very pleasant melody, mind you. :C

Im reminded that I probably should wash some laundry. I dont do that often enough ^^;

You know this is why the DCC is fun, one minute we're talking about God only knows what, and then out of nowhere it's laundry! Heh.

Anyways, I... don't know how to reply to either of these...

Honest

Hi!
Years
Toujours is lying about this. In actuality there's a 306 page Moderator Handbook that details exactly how to respond to every situation and how to become a leader of your small little section of the community.

That's it? I thought it'd be twice as big. :c

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Modding is not all fun and games. Believe me I know and I am a mod on another forum. I still like it though :) Fun at times, but a lot of work XD

Echidna

Years
I dig this. I'd like to see DCC become more lax on the rules, like the whole "keep on topic with the previous post" ones. It used to be way more active and way more fun before we started beating people over the head with that one. :P
It makes sense! I mean when I first started posting in the DCC (One of the older DCCs), the OP scared me away for a while xD Well it was more like the rules in the OP but you get what I mean :p
Toujours is lying about this. In actuality there's a 306 page Moderator Handbook that details exactly how to respond to every situation and how to become a leader of your small little section of the community.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275290? D:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Modding is not all fun and games. Believe me I know and I am a mod on another forum. I still like it though :) Fun at times, but a lot of work XD

I've had a tiny taste of moderation in the past on a brand new forum one of my old friends made.

And then this random hacker took over and kept posting SPAM accounts and hijacked the site. He made like 50 different accounts. I only got to permaban one. :C

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm just reading though that entire page and thinking "Holy crap, Nick, that's a lot of writing!"

But it seems pretty solid from what I see.

Echidna

Years
I wouldn't be surprised if that's pretty close to their actual guide - that's if they have one. And given that there's a lot of good staffers here, they probably do.

I don't think HTsaff would have gone through the trouble of writing a whole new document like that for an AF prank! If you ask me and this is strictly speculation, I'd say that the one I linked above is a copy of the real one! I don't know, it just doesn't seem like a problem to reveal the moderator duty thread. It's not like it has any secrets lmao.

EDIT: HStaff* xD What the hell is HTsaff anyways?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im sure they'd have people in mind :)

I dunno what their conditions are for choosing people obviously but I think the VM thing would be a trivial thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back