• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music from Pokémon

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
There are many beautiful/cool kinds of music that either come directly from the games, from the anime or are adapted as remixes or orchestrations of either and showcased on youtube or similar.

What are your favorite pieces of pokémon-related music? Either from the games, anime, a remix or something else.

Also, is there some pokémon music that you really dislike for some reason?

You can just state the name of a track (or in the case of games, where it's played) but it would be nice if you linked to a youtube clip so that other members can hear what you mean!
If you are embedding a youtube clip directly in your post, HIDE IT IN A SPOILER. Else, it takes up a lot of load time.

This is NOT the place to showcase your own music creations or remixes. That can be done in this thread: CLICK. This thread is just for letting us know what tracks you like or dislike.​

For starters, I must say that I really love the tune Oracion from the Palkia/Dialga/Darkrai pokémon movie:
Spoiler:

Another tune I will love forever and that is Johto for me somehow, is the Violet/Olivine city song from the games:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Haha, always? There are some really memorable tunes. Did you listen to other music while gaming then?

Anime music can be good; it's most often adaptions of the game tunes. But sometimes they are a bit too repetitive and uncreative imo. The original songs from the movies is another story though. Lugia's song... okay that one is still even better than Oracion. So beautiful.

Years
Haha, always? There are some really memorable tunes. Did you listen to other music while gaming then?

Anime music can be good; it's most often adaptions of the game tunes. But sometimes they are a bit too repetitive and uncreative imo. The original songs from the movies is another story though. Lugia's song... okay that one is still even better than Oracion. So beautiful.
Yeah it is just that I have a slow PC and when Sound is ON I cannot play any game better. :3c

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
There's a lot of Pokemon music that I enjoy. So no Youtube links because I'm lazy right now!

For the anime, I enjoy a lot of the opening, ending, and character songs from the Advance Generation seasons. From the opening theme of "Advance Adventure" to Haruka's theme of "Spurt!", each one is enjoyable and always puts me in a good mood. "Big Nyarth Day" is adorable.

Speaking of Lugia's song, "toi et moi" is another favorite song of mine.

And then there's the game music. "VS. Cynthia" is an amazing piece that always gets me ready to face whatever challenge in front of me. Apparently I like battle music the best, because my other favorites are:

-"Ho-Oh Battle" from HG/SS
-"VS. Colress" from B2/W2
-"VS. Champion" from B2/W2

Though I do like Driftveil City's theme. Plus I always sing the bike music from R/B/Y whenever I'm on my own bike, so I guess you can say that one is a favorite.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
There are a lot of in-game Pokemon music that I could list!
These two here give me the chills! x_X'

Spoiler:

As for the anime, the original battle theme 'burning battlefield' was such an insane tune!

Spoiler:

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
24WX7uo.jpg

R/S/E always had my favourite Pokemon music. The trumpets and the synthesisers are the best bits, but if I had to pick one track, it'd be instrumental Verdanturf Town. Stuff just gives me goosebumps.

Years
Pokemon Movie 6 BGM - "Separation"
The bgm was very rarely in anime itself, but when I heard it for the first time, I had to find it and it took me 3 years to do so.

Spoiler:

Also in some of battles in anime, especially in Sinnoh saga, I heard this a lot and I loved it too.

Pokemon Movie 6 BGM - "Butler's theme"

Spoiler:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Years

Lugia's Song is still my favorite music to ever come out of the anime, hands down. In fact, it's one of the few songs that I've actually been able to learn on the piano, because it was stuck in my head for weeks at one point. I also love this guitar cover of the song- almost as good as the original.

My favorite music to ever come out of the games is the Legendary's battle theme in R/S/E. Something about the intro gets me really pumped up for the battle, and is another theme I catch myself humming from time to time, years after I first heard it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
24WX7uo.jpg

R/S/E always had my favourite Pokemon music. The trumpets and the synthesisers are the best bits, but if I had to pick one track, it'd be instrumental Verdanturf Town. Stuff just gives me goosebumps.
Oh, this is so very much true. The trumpets of Hoenn. I simply adore most tunes from Hoenn; it may have to do with Ruby being my second pokémon game ever, but I really think they are good.

Two absolute favorites and crazily good ones are:

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ EB
N's room, that song is so creepy ;; And Giratina's battle music is just as distorted as its world. O.o

@ CloysterOyster
Oh, I forgot about those! I really like those too, like Viridian City , My Best Friends and the likes.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't have a particular favorite music track from Pokemon, but the Elite 4 Battle theme from Black/White is rather catchy. Pretty much all the tracks from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald are my favorites too.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I am quite annoyed that a certain troll on YouTube has been spamming a video of the Ecruteak City/Cianwood City theme with the same tired old comments. I'm surprised as much as myself and others have flagged and reported his comments, that his account hasn't been suspended or banned. I tried reporting him to YouTube but they didn't do anything and the owner of that video hasn't used his/her account in years so they can't do anything about it either. No offense, but the troll in question is messed up in the head. People like that troll really mess up good things. :(

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
I'm a gigantic fan of R/S/E so pretty much anything from those games (Y) The Trick House music makes me laugh for some reason. It's hilarious. The most memorable music for me, however, would be:

Spoiler:

Anime-wise, these are the first three songs that come to mind:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back