• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh my god that

I love how the cyberninjas sound xD

and SONIC SCREW SWORD GO!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
While the cybeninjas do sound great, its the evil chuckle from Dalekor that makes the whole thing work.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Still have to watch that... sometime. You guys seen the Doctor Who anime?

And the trailer is out today!!!
Click Here

Also beware of comments on FB, G+. Youtube, Everywhere, because their are some people who apparently didn't read the don't share what was in the scripts memo. <.< But the this series is looking great!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Still have to watch that... sometime. You guys seen the Doctor Who anime?

And the trailer is out today!!!
Click Here

Also beware of comments on FB, G+. Youtube, Everywhere, because their are some people who apparently didn't read the don't share what was in the scripts memo. <.< But the this series is looking great!

Wow. Yep, I'm psyched for this new season. But it's a bit... Dramatic. Really seems like they're trying to make each episode feel like a movie, like in S7. Maybe that's okay. As long as Capaldi's doctor is decent. From the trailer, he seems a bit calm. Then again, Twelve is 2000 years old, not 900 like Nine was, and none was already a bit serious at times.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'm frothing. Frothing and shaking uncontrollably. It could just be a ruse(Dinosaurs in London is so pastiche) but the serious defintely seems to be going for a more serious approach to the doctor. I was waiting for this from an "old" doctor, and I'm glad its panning out. I love the "I'm 2000 years old, I have too many mistakes under my belt" line, as it probably means this doctor's going to be very calculated, and probably try to be as cold as he can to Clara, which will go for some really excellent interaction between them. The reason for that is simple. Clara is probably the one companion who truly knows the doctor better then himself, and is probably gonna have a hard time trying to defrost him, despite all her knowledge. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends with him telling her to go away, and instead of drama unfolding with her trying to stick with him and staying in the end, she's just like "okay fine buddy, call me when you're in a better place."

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I could see that happen actually ;; the last thing you said. I hope Clara's written good enough to handle that, and not be clingy like Rose/Donna when they "had" to leave. Hrrm.

Also I'm still working my way through Five's episodes and loving some things, laughing out loud at some things. There aren't nearly enough gifs of Five so I shall make some of my fav moments! Sadly I've never made gifs myself before so they might suck badly before I get the hang of it haha.

I absolutely despise Adric xD He's an awful annoying brat, sorry, I can't say anything good about him. He could have been written to be a little more pleasant? Tegan teasing the Doctor is so much fun and Nyssa is the cutest thing ever, so serious and smart yet oblivious at times. I've heard in documentaries that they regretted putting 3 companions in the TARDIS afterwards, but I think it's really nice that the 4 of them are like a little family. Tegan even wanting to stay at last instead of nagging the Doctor about his bad driving skills when he repeatedly fails to take her back to Heathrow xD

This moment made me go d'aw haha. And Five's wearing a light gown, grr

ab3q1_zps087c8778.gif

... Is this where I shall try to get Tenth Doctor to fangirl over Five instead of Ten Eleven? ;)

EDIT: yeah, made another one! I think I'm getting the hang of it. One day I'll learn how to spiff them up to look good too :p

ab4d2_zpsd13a5c16.gif

Last edited:

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
PokéCommunity Username: Anno
Favorite Doctor: Nine
Favorite Companion: Rose

u.u;; why is he 2000 now? I thought he was like 1100 after the Silents arc...?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh wow you joined both my clubs :D Great choice of fandoms <3 Question, how much of DW have you seen? Classic or New?

Welcome to this club too then! He is over 2000 because after S7 he was ~1200 and then spent at least 600 years on Trenzalore. Some say as much as 900, I haven't checked canon sources tbh.

I sort of think it was a bit too weird that he kept visiting Amy and Rory for hundreds of years without picking up new companions to travel much with him like he used to before the Time War. Eleven must have really loved Amy, I suppose. In a platonic, half-romantic, half-family, Doctor-companion kind of way. As evident by her appearance at his last moments, over 1000 years after he first met her.

And the Trenzalore business was even worse... Just... I need to rewatch Time of the Doctor but in my head right now I just didn't think that episode made much sense at all. >.<

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
I've seen all of new, and some classic. There was a really great master-post on tumblr ages ago with a lot of classic, so I think I've seen stuff with all of the numbered doctors in some degree u.u;; I'm only 13 tho so I guess I appreciate the newer stuff a bit more.

And that makes sense! Tbh I don't like a lot of what Moffet has done with jumping his age around and stuff, but it was all made up for with the 50th Special because gosh <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Heh, well yeah. I could have done with Eight being the war doctor instead of a special John Hurt-doctor being put in. But I digress :p

I wouldn't have guessed you were 13, no offense :) You seem mature and cool, so take that as a compliment!

I do like that Moffat dares to fool around a bit more with time travel than RTD ever did though. Nine and Ten were adamant about never going back on their own timelines to change stuff, at most Ten crossed his own to take off his tie for Martha :P The reason the otherwise very confusing and not quite logical episode The Big Bang is sort of a favorite of mine is all the crazy time jumping with the vortex manipulator haha. When Eleven first popped up in front of the mourning Rory with a fez and mop, I laughed out loud. Time travel <3 twists your head in good ways.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I've seen all of new, and some classic. There was a really great master-post on tumblr ages ago with a lot of classic, so I think I've seen stuff with all of the numbered doctors in some degree u.u;; I'm only 13 tho so I guess I appreciate the newer stuff a bit more.

And that makes sense! Tbh I don't like a lot of what Moffet has done with jumping his age around and stuff, but it was all made up for with the 50th Special because gosh <3

Heh I wouldn't blame Moff for the age jumping that much, the Doctors age has never been .. understood. I mean the 7th? Was like 957, than Davies and 9 was like 900, then also some other weird stuff in classic who I think. Moffats age calc is alright, he just adds 100's of years without notice.

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
Heh, well yeah. I could have done with Eight being the war doctor instead of a special John Hurt-doctor being put in. But I digress :p

I wouldn't have guessed you were 13, no offense :) You seem mature and cool, so take that as a compliment!

I do like that Moffat dares to fool around a bit more with time travel than RTD ever did though. Nine and Ten were adamant about never going back on their own timelines to change stuff, at most Ten crossed his own to take off his tie for Martha :P The reason the otherwise very confusing and not quite logical episode The Big Bang is sort of a favorite of mine is all the crazy time jumping with the vortex manipulator haha. When Eleven first popped up in front of the mourning Rory with a fez and mop, I laughed out loud. Time travel <3 twists your head in good ways.
Conversely I really loved seeing Eight in that little special they made, and I've heard some of his audio dramas all of which are better than that horrible 90's film u__u;; I read that Eccleston was offered the role of the War Doctor and turned it down because he felt it didn't gel with his version of the Doctor, but although I see his view as valid, I disagree entirely. He was a walking mess of survivors guilt and PTSD and wonderfulness that would have worked perfectly!

And bless, I spend a lot of time online so I type a lot more eloquently than I actually am >////<

Heh I wouldn't blame Moff for the age jumping that much, the Doctors age has never been .. understood. I mean the 7th? Was like 957, than Davies and 9 was like 900, then also some other weird stuff in classic who I think. Moffats age calc is alright, he just adds 100's of years without notice.
I'll always miss him being my 900 year old teddy with a cheeky grin u__u;;

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
It made sense that there was an incarnation we've never seen when it cones to the war doctor. It was obvious there was something major he was hiding, and even if Eccleston did come back, ciuls yiu honestly see 9 being the culprit?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Lil cute, emo Nine. No. And now that you say it, lil cute innocent Eight couldn't have done it either, as evident by the fact that he chose to force a different regeneration in order to deal with the war.

Awh, everything the Doctor has been through ;; he's an amazing character, in every incarnation.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah, no. "Cute Little" Eleven wore off on me by series 7pt2. He was too much a creation of the times, not a character of his own right.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Haha well. There's a Doctor for every taste I guess. From what I've seen so far it might take me a while to grow to enjoy Twelve's style. We'll see.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah sure, just giving my two cents is all. Your not alone in that sentinent though, old doctor after 3 aasplings is something even I need to adjust to. Bmmn is it going to beone hrll of a ride.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah sure, just giving my two cents is all. Your not alone in that sentinent though, old doctor after 3 aasplings is something even I need to adjust to. Bmmn is it going to beone hrll of a ride.
Wow you gotta check up on those fingers of yours. Or keyboard, perhaps? Spelling haha.

I found some more entertaining Five gifs :3

tumblr_mid2laQj3T1r8rx5xo2_250.gif
tumblr_mid2laQj3T1r8rx5xo1_250.gif

He's rather grumpy and impatient, this Doctor. But so brave and compassionate!

EDIT: wow... I just watched the episode where
Spoiler:

dies. It was sudden. I knew it was going to happen of course, but I thought it would be later. And I didn't cry - I didn't like the character much, haha. But still. Pretty cool episode overall, actually.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Its my phone. The bbs glitches up on it and the posts change when posted. :c, and t

Back