• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Tiles from Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
NOTE! If you are a game developer or a ROM hacker looking for sprites, read the license in the link below before you use. If you agree, feel free to use my sprites. Otherwise, just back off.​

Well, guys, I figured it's time I redo my first post to include as much of my work as I can find. Some stuff will be new to you, but everything else will be old. I have too much work to display everything at once, so each individual section is hidden in spoiler tags.

Anyway, a little background on why I started doing pixel art. Feel free to skip over it, i just feel like posting this.

When I first laid eyes on Kyledove's tiles (I can't remember exactly when, but it was before 2006), I was envious of his skills. I was also a little disappointed they were out of reach at the time. I also came across a certain Remy with the Pokémon Treasures project. Once again, his tiles were out of reach. Well, at the time that I was making my first fangame that I debuted to the community, I thought of trying to make my own tiles, but didn't think I could do it, so I used FR/LG and R/S/E ones. Then, in mid-2006, I came up with the idea of my Pokémon Wulfenite hack. It was essentially a rescripted and remapped version of Ruby. With the popularity of Pokémon Naranja and its amazing graphics, I decided I was going to insert some of my own tiles. At the time, the only tutorial I could find was the one on WAH, which was completely in Spanish. So, I modified some RPG Maker 2003 tiles and got to work on deciphering the tutorial and inserting them (the hard way). The idea died, because I lost interest in the hack. My next project was another hack, this one was called Pokémon EmberOrange. At first, it was a joint project between Christos (Cirno, now) and I. I made custom graphics and did some mapping, and Christos did some mapping. That's really all we got to do before the hack died. After EmberOrange, I decided I was going to try some bigger forms of pixel art, and a new tileset. That's where the Shuckle art came from. That's also where the unfinished Chao and the 1-Up Shroom came from. After that, I thought about doing EmberOrange again. This time, I was going solo on it. New tiles again, and this time, I was going to resprite all the Pokémon that were going to be included. All I got done was Bellsprout. Inbetween EmberOrange and my next hack, I made a new set of tiles. My next hack was Pokémon Harmony. This hack actually started out as a ROM base I made for PHO. Of course, new tiles and what-not. Well, that hack lasted only for so long. Then I decided to do the Dragon Quest-inspired tileset for a project I was planning called Let It Rain, as well as the tileset that came before that one. Once again, I only got so far on both of them. My biggest project came next, which would be the PHO tileset that spanned one year. At first, it was just a small collection of tiles for the PHO website. Well, I continued this style for a while and it became my biggest tileset ever. After looking at it one day, I decided I didn't really like the style anymore. At that point, I switched to the brighter style. I also started doing tiles for Pokémon Acanthite at that point. This tileset was the first tileset that I would do inddor tiles for. Well, for some odd reason, I decided I would see how they look if they were 32x32 tiles, and not scaled. That led me to create the 32x32 set. That set was also going to be used for an original idea, but it never came through. Well, after giving it some thought, I decided I would ask Kyledove if I could use his newest Johto style. That leads me to the style I have been using. Well, was using. I am not doing tiles anymore, but I am doing bigger pixel projects. Things like the new Shuckle I did.

Anyway, here is my work, divided into sections. I do not claim any rights to anything that I have modified. Like I said, a lot of it is really old.

Pixel Art
Spoiler:

Maps
Spoiler:

Tilesets
Spoiler:

Well, that's most of it. There are some pieces that I purposely left out, and others I just couldn't find.

Last edited:

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
Years
Very, very impressive! You really seem to have put a lot of detail and effort into your work. I'm especially taken by all your trees -- so much texture on such a little space! Your maps are very nice, as well. I can't imagine making many maps because of all the copying and pasting, but you've made things that would look right at home in a game.

I'm nowhere near your skill level, so I'm having trouble finding anything I don't like. Keep up the amazing work! Bravo!

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
wow, very well done. the only thing i can suggest for your newest tilesets is that you give the objects darker outlining. there's an issue with how light they are because they are so well done.

other than that, i love the November tileset.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2007
THOSE ARE AWESOME TILES this is my first post from being back from being banned and also would you mind if i use those tilesets and gave credit

Years
Thanks for all the comments. I just remade the crane from D/P.

PLEASE NOTE! No one may use this sprite. I made it exclusively for a fan game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
Really good, you can make an animation of it, it will be cool *-*

Your other tiles, they are cool too an i love Set #2

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
That's Great. It's beauty. Keep up the good work. Make great's tiles

Years
@Webus: I would like to do that, but getting that sprite alone to look right took about an hour and a half; time that should have been spent doing homework. If I had more time, I would attempt it.

Anyway, small little update to Tileset 1. Check the first post. I made a new tree and a cut tree.

Years
Amazing, absolutely amazing!

Everything is spot on, with great detail on lots of them. Things like the Poke Marts/Centers look exactly like they are in the real game

My favourite would be the 3rd one

Meh

I'm back and a lot wiser.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2016
They look absolutely brilliant. I've been looking for good tiles for ages! Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2012
Complete and absolutely beautiful and BRILLIANT!!!
^.^
I love it. I wish I could make titles that good. :)

Years
Thanks for the comments. I know it has been a long time since I updated, but I started on a new set. Here it is:

newtilesetqd5.png

No one is allowed to use any tiles from this set, as I made these tiles specifically for my hack, Pokémon Harmony.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Hey Дон Пач, I really love your tiles, why don't I claim them as my own(JUST KIDDING)
I suggest that you can make a rombase for each one of them, I'll

Help you with that too, if you like.
Keep up the great work,
~cooley~

Years
Very nice work you have. I go with darker outlines, but you make bright outlines looks so...good in a way... Nice I love your work. ^^

~A.R

Years
Thanks for all the comments, even thoug I have not updated in a while.

Anyway, here is what I have been doing. This is the Harmony tileset so far. Hope you like it!

harmonytilesetvr5.png

Sorry, but I am sticking to the rule that no one my use this tileset or any individual tiles from it.

Here is a dam I made that anyone may use.
dam2tj6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back