• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP]Pokemon Midnight Blue: Working Title

Years
pmblogo.png

This is my first time doing anything like this so bear with me..
I lurked the forums for a while then finally decided to sign up, Got my 15 posts so I could posts links then started on this game using resources/Advice found here
I inevitably found the limit of my abillity hence this posts, Describing the game, Features, Progress and requirements
I wanted to make sure I had done a fair amount before posting as it seems a lot of new game ideas that are posted tend not to go anywhere
SO i thought if I got as much as I could done first before posting I might stand a better chance of getting the help needed to finish the game

I wanted to make an all inclusive Gen1/2 game with the fire red graphics
It always annoyed me that you needed to trade to get some pokemon and that the games weren't really long enough
I also found some of the things included in the anime were quite interesting and should have been included in the games
The map, Following starter and the way they handled the legends much better than the games
SO with that we have a game that is set in roughly the same place/time as the anime and movies which does include some recognisable quests and includes some quests from the original games
The emphasis of the game is mostly on the journey to becoming the best however that doesn't mean the Leagues/Contests haven't been thought out thoroughly
Yeah that pretty much sums up my intro so on to the game..

Planned Features
- Mini-games
- Unlockable 'Outfits'
- Starter 'Follow Me'
- Extended Kanto Map based on the anime
- Team Rocket
- 'Elite 4' Stlyle Gyms
- 10 Kanto Gym Badges. Entry Restrictions (2v2, 3v3 etc)
- Contests.
- Pokemon League Contest
- Bug Cathcing Contest
- Safari Zone
- P1 Championship
- All Kanto Region pokemon available bar some legends which are obtainable at a later stage

Phase2
- Orange Islands
- Orange Island League
- Expansion of 'Legends' Sidequest

Phase3
- Johto region (Level restricted gym entry)
- Elite 4
- Further Expansion of 'Legends' Sidequest

Possible Features
- Improved GUI
- DualScreen to display townmap, in the OW for the ability to Quickly Fly between towns within battles it will display party pokemon for a quicker switchover

Planned Outfits

- 'Ash Ketchum' Kanto Outfit
- 'Ash Ketchum' Hoenn Outfit
- 'White Team Rocket' Outfit
- 'Mewtwo' Outfit

Boxart
midnightblueboxart.png

TitleScreen
midnightbluelescreen.gif

Intro

- Will you be the greatest Pokemon Trainer?
- Will you discover all the regions pokemon?
- Will you be the World's Greatest Pokemon Master?

Setting

- Pokémon Midnight Blue takes place in the region of Kanto.
- With different geographical habitats for the 151 existing Pokémon species,
- Some areas are only accessible once the player learns a special ability or gains a special item

Synopsis

The silent protagonist of Midnight Blue is a young teen who lives in Pallet Town.
After awaking a week after his/her 10th birthday, 'Mom' reminds the player to visit Professor Oak, a famous Pokémon researcher,

In order to receive his/her pokemon to begin his/her pokemon adventure
The player visits Oak's laboratory where the player meets Oak's Grandson, a rival aspiring Pokémon Trainer.
The rival boasts that he has selected the best pokemon and that as usual the player is always trailing behind
The rival will be faced in battle across various parts of the game

The player enters the laboratory to find the 3 starter pokemon (Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander) are already taken by young trainers who were on time
Prof. Oak will then remember of 'One other' pokemon, Pikachu, to which the player can have and warns of it's
difficult to raise nature

While visiting the region's cities, the player will encounter special establishments called Gyms.
Inside these buildings are Gym Leaders, each of whom the player must defeat in a Pokémon battle
to obtain a total of eight Gym Badges.
Once the badges are acquired, the player is given permission to enter the Pokémon League which consists of the best Pokémon trainers in the region.
There the player will face a series of trianers in the tournament to discover the best trainer in the region

Upon completion further oppurtunities to prove the players worth will be met in more difficult battles and more oppurtunities
to 'Catch em' All'

Also, throughout the game the player will have to battle against the forces of Team Rocket,
a criminal organization that abuses Pokémon. They devise numerous plans for stealing rare Pokémon,
which the player must foil.
Aswell as optional pokemon contests and side quests to aid you in your journey

Protagonists
protagonists.png

Gyms
Pewter City
60px-SpriteBrock.png

Brock (Rock Type) - 2v2

Cerulean City
60px-SpriteMisty.png

Misty (Water Type) - 2v2

Vermillion City
SpriteSurge.png

Lt Surge (Electric Type) - 2v2

Saffron City
SpriteSabrina.png

Sabrina (Psychic Type) - 2v2

Celadon City
SpriteErika.png

Erika (Grass Type) - 2v2

Fuschia City
SpriteKoga.png

Koga (Poison Type) - 3v3

Cinnabar Island
SpriteBlaine.png

Blaine (Fire Type) - 3v3

Viridian City
60px-SpriteGiovanni.png

Giovanni (Ground/Multi) 3v3

*Available after Pokemon League Contest*

(Location TBC)
talonsprite.png

Phoenix/Raven/Talon (Flying Type) - 3v3

(Viridian City)
rivalsprite.png

Rival (Multi) 6v6

Orange League

Mikan Island - Cissy
Navel Island - Danny
Trovita Island - Rudy
Kumquat Island - Luana
Pumello Island - Drake
orangeleague.png

Maps

Kanto was based as said on the anime so their are new towns/routes with the town map looking something similiar to this:

kantoroad.png

I found the image on google and based my maps around it's layout with some tweaks to better suit this game

Here are some of the new towns and routes for kanto,
Spoiler:

I kept Pallet town the same to give the player a sense of familiarity and the other game towns have all been tweaked to fit the routes and to add/remove buildings required for quests etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have it planned out as to exactly what happens:
Trainers you face
Pokemon you receive
Area specific Pokemon
Trainers Dialogue
Events
Quests
Side-Quests etc

I have mapped out the 'New' Kanto and with 'Curt's Regional starter Kit' Most of Johto as I didn't want it to deviate too much as it is essentially an extension of the main game which primarily takes place in Kanto
I have also been given permission to use 'PokemonForever27's' Orange Islands map as a base for my own which only need a bit of editing to fit the style I mapped kanto with

I still need Custom Trainer Sprites for all the gym leaders/competition trainers aswell as the Proatgonists/Rival
As you can see I tried my hand at it but they aren't all that great..

I have the intention to add custom buildings to the tilesets if I can make them fit with the rest of the FR/LG stuff once the game is complete

However I seem to have reached the end of my ability

This is where one someone else comes in

To get a beta out of the first Phase of the game I need all the events etc done however even with looking around teh wiki for essentials and other posts on here i'm having trouble with. To the extent that I have absolutely no idea what to do
If anyone does want to help I can give them a written plan of what needs evented for each individual town/route and how I want it to be..

Obviously taking their opinion in to account if they disagree with anything I come up with

Without the help of someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to events etc then I don't know how I am going to manage to finish this..

All other resources such as FR/LG trainers, Some Pokemon OW sprites, Music etc have already been compiled and saved on my computer but are not yet added to RMXP

Required

In short I need:
Someone to help me with events
Someone to create the required sprites
So that I can finish off the mapping and newer Interface

If you want to help please post here or PM me and I will love you forever <3 =P

Support Bar

midnightblueuserbar.png

Credits

Poccil/Flameguru - Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit
Curt200718 - Region Starter kit
Enterbrain - RPGmakerXP
Jonas64 - Hoenn Ash sprite/Pikachu Sprite
Spriters-Resource - Various Sprites
Pokemonforever27-Orange Islands Maps

/Post

Years
Hey, noticed youve spent a lot of effort in this game, well first the mapping is ok, though little bit of improvement is needed, most maps are either two square, to wide and have pointless space. I really like the story and features, they sound heaps good, and it will be great if you could pull this off.. Anyway goodluck!

Years
Hey, noticed youve spent a lot of effort in this game, well first the mapping is ok, though little bit of improvement is needed, most maps are either two square, to wide and have pointless space. I really like the story and features, they sound heaps good, and it will be great if you could pull this off.. Anyway goodluck!

Yeah a fair bit of effort went in so far =P
The features are all planned out I jsut need someone to help with the eventing so I can implement them so shouldn't be too hard to do once I have someone to help me lol

As for the maps I wanted to keep with the trend of square maps that were used in the First few games saves me editing everything although I plan to upgrade the tileset eventually so will probably sort the maps out then
as for open spaces I'm not quite sure what you mean, the towns with open spaces are for various NPCs when I get round to adding them, or rather when whoever does the events adds them so that should fill them out a fari bit

Cheers for the feedback!

NintendoPalkia

Making a pokemon game
Years
The idea of flying between maps within battles is a pretty bad idea...but other than that I really like this

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Looks pretty good; I think you should re-do the heroes' sprites, bit it's all good for right now.

Years
Thanks ^.^ They are jsut placeholders for now until I leanr how to sprite, or find someone who wants to make some

Which reminds me still looking for an eventer, any takers ? =D

Years
I'd really appreciate that because to put it simply I can't get my head around events in the slightest, I've got choices,text and warps the 3 slimpest ones fairly understood.. after that.. Not so much =\
But if you've got a game in the works I wouldn't want to hold you back from doing that so only if you're really sure ..

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This does look good but if your doing kanto ... It should look a bit like Kanto ... or are most of these maps not-kanto ?

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
wow. the anime really strayed from the source material. that world map is bizzare.

about the gym battles, when it says 2v2 is that a double battle, or is that- you can only have 2 pokemon in your team?

Years
This does look good but if your doing kanto ... It should look a bit like Kanto ... or are most of these maps not-kanto ?
Yes it's kanto, the routes and citys are based on but not limited to the version of kanto you know from past games
Whose to say there are not more towns or routes in said area?

From a different perspective..

If you take say a road map of california
I bet you could make a lot of different looking maps if you were selective of the roads and cities you highlighted
It's like connect the dots without numbers, You can create anything up to your imaginations limitations

This is set out the way the anime portrayed kanto as I found it a more itneresting and ultimately bigger map
IT could very well be that they backtracked on themselves a lot and there world doesn't deviate from the game map as much as I have made it however that wouldn't make the game as linear as I would like

wow. the anime really strayed from the source material. that world map is bizzare.

about the gym battles, when it says 2v2 is that a double battle, or is that- you can only have 2 pokemon in your team?

Yeah it's a fairly different but I think looks mroe like a real map which is pretty cool

2 pokemon in each team

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Yes it's kanto, the routes and citys are based on but not limited to the version of kanto you know from past games
Whose to say there are not more towns or routes in said area?

From a different perspective..

If you take say a road map of california
I bet you could make a lot of different looking maps if you were selective of the roads and cities you highlighted
It's like connect the dots without numbers, You can create anything up to your imaginations limitations

This is set out the way the anime portrayed kanto as I found it a more itneresting and ultimately bigger map
IT could very well be that they backtracked on themselves a lot and there world doesn't deviate from the game map as much as I have made it however that wouldn't make the game as linear as I would like

Yeah it's a fairly different but I think looks mroe like a real map which is pretty cool

2 pokemon in each team

Hey I apologize I'm taking so long to get eventing done. I'm in Florida atm so Im not with my game designing tools. Ill send it to you asap.

Back