• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
Thanks for all the tips MrCrazyHans! =) You know what.. I'll be back with a second Rufflet, I'll just have one completely UT! There's a common saying that two are better than one, yes? =P

Indeed it is, RNG as much stuff as you can for no reason at all :D

I didn't want to cram too much into one post, so I'll leave this tip here. If there's any auditory feedback when you do something to advance your frame (chatot chattering, journal flipping, whatever(do flipping forward and backward have the same sound?)). Have the sound on low, that way you'll subconsciously notice if something went wrong while doing other stuff. This may only work for chatot chattering, but it's awesome. :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I couldn't really listen to the pitch of the chatots unfortunately but I got another one! =) Completely flawless shiny this time!

627.gif
004.png

Rufflet ♂ lvl 1
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sheer Force
OT: Shinies ♂ TID: 49098
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0 - Untrained
Moves: Peck, Leer, Hone Claws, Aerial Ace
Met: Day-Care Couple

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Nice Rufflets! You're really coming along quickly -- good luck with more abuses. ^^

I'd like to present my entry for the challenge:

004.png
233.png
004.png

Porygon2 ♁ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Modest
Ability: Download
IVs: 31, 0, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Round, Ice Beam
Non-Redis

Porygon2 is one of the pokes that I have always relied on, at least in battle, because of the fantastic addition of the eviolite. I don't have a Poke that I've always relied on since I took a twelve year break from Pokemon and then didn't come back until last year so... yeah. I really love this little duck and it's not really scared of anything. I was on PO one time and it traced a Shedinja's Wonder Guard xD That was a lot of fun! I decided to rng an offensive one this time with Download and Modest because I don't have one yet and I think it would be a lot of fun to try it out.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Thanks Mac, those were my first and second ever RNG abuses. Do you think I aimed too high for my first? xD

Nice Porygon 2~ How long did it take you to get? =o

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Thanks Mac, those were my first and second ever RNG abuses. Do you think I aimed too high for my first? xD

Nice Porygon 2~ How long did it take you to get? =o

Nah, you did fine for your first xD Too high would be something like roamer or entralink or something difficult. The Porygon2 took me about ten minutes to find a seed and five minutes to abuse. I decided to do it on Black instead of HGSS because I didn't feel like hitting delay. :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Ahh.. After I figured out what I was actually doing I got my first Rufflet on my first try. The second seed was really hard to hit though v.v I hit it twice out of about ten hard resets. How did you find your real initial starting frame so fast? The calculated starting frame hasn't been right for me yet! >:/

*Further stimulates conversation to boost post count to show off my amazing Rufflet's sprites*

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Most importantly though is try and make it fun, and don't focus exclusively on RNG'ing have a TV show or Music running in the background, that way you have something to focus on when you're mindlessly advancing your frame, I say mindlessly because you just work with your left and right hands at the same time, one on the numpad in notepad or whatever and the other on the d-pad, press one, press the other, that way you don't have to think.

I cannot agree with this more, I always have a TV or something on in the background while I RNG. Especially since advancing frames is perhaps the most monotonous task in Pokémon I can think of.

Also congrats AngelZodiac on your Rufflet. Rufflet is actually a great choice for your first because being male only means no egg moves to worry about and being a 5th gen Pokémon means no 4th gen moves to worry about.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I cannot agree with this more, I always have a TV or something on in the background while I RNG. Especially since advancing frames is perhaps the most monotonous task in Pokémon I can think of.

Also congrats AngelZodiac on your Rufflet. Rufflet is actually a great choice for your first because being male only means no egg moves to worry about and being a 5th gen Pokémon means no 4th gen moves to worry about.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing it in its final form =) Going to love that shiny bird.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Awwwww cute fluffy birds. I love Rufflet. He's ruffly. :> Chirp. And I love Mac's Pory2 cause I helped evolve it and it's a virtual duck. Though I found Round an odd choice of move, but OH WELL.

I have no classes today and my advisor is stupid and said "LOL SEE YOU IN MAY" and I'm already behind on registration so that's just...stupid. SO. I need to think of something to RNG. Oh, but last night I did do my first successful Pokecheck clone. Cloned my Tepig to trade with Vaporeon cause I loved dat Electrike. ;o; And I think I might clone another, EV it, and trade it to my English White. Having a Charizard is boring and last time I had Emboar, I restarted the game halfway through. I think I owe it...HMM. Maybe I should RNG Snivy.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Awwwww cute fluffy birds. I love Rufflet. He's ruffly. :> Chirp. And I love Mac's Pory2 cause I helped evolve it and it's a virtual duck. Though I found Round an odd choice of move, but OH WELL.

I have no classes today and my advisor is stupid and said "LOL SEE YOU IN MAY" and I'm already behind on registration so that's just...stupid. SO. I need to think of something to RNG. Oh, but last night I did do my first successful Pokecheck clone. Cloned my Tepig to trade with Vaporeon cause I loved dat Electrike. ;o; And I think I might clone another, EV it, and trade it to my English White. Having a Charizard is boring and last time I had Emboar, I restarted the game halfway through. I think I owe it...HMM. Maybe I should RNG Snivy.

But.. I was going to RNG a snivy :c

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

Well, I haven't given it the moves that I want to give it yet. The father knew round and it since it was a TM it inherited it. I am going to give it Tri-Attack, Discharge, Ice Beam, and Recover.

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
Well, it's been a little bit since I've RNG abused or even played Pokémon for that matter. Just been crazy busy. Finally got some free time to do both.

Here is my entry for the challenge. I'd say 80% - 90% of the time I have a Gengar in my party. Gengar has always been one of my favorite Pokémon. So I present to you...Gastly!

004.png
092.gif
004.png

Gastly
shiny.png
female.png
| Lv. 1
OT: Jay Jay | ID: 37261 | Gen V
Nature: Timid | Ability: Levitate
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
EVs: UT
Substitute | Disable | Shadow Ball | XXXXX​

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
But.. I was going to RNG a snivy :c

Then do it? lol Don't let me stop you. I'm not doing it for a challenge or anything.

And bawww I love Gastly's shiny. So blue and cute. That one's much better than my Ice Punch Gastly. lol Don't ask...

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

Then do it? lol Don't let me stop you. I'm not doing it for a challenge or anything.

And bawww I love Gastly's shiny. So blue and cute. That one's much better than my Ice Punch Gastly. lol Don't ask...

:p Neither am I, I just fell in love with Snivy after I read about its dream world ability... One day.. I will get a Female Snivy with Contrary that is legitimate ;-;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Okay so apparently, my Larvesta is this instead...

pokeball.png
636.gif
pokeball.png

Toujours / Larvesta (f) lv. 1
Flame Body | Modest
Cedric | 26099
30/22/31/30/30/30 HP Fighting 70
[ Ember, String Shot, Morning Sun, Hidden Power ]
-hatched in Desert Resort-

I'm...kinda bummed. I wanted HP Rock. :/

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
Okay so apparently, my Larvesta is this instead...

pokeball.png
636.gif
pokeball.png

Toujours / Larvesta (f) lv. 1
Flame Body | Modest
Cedric | 26099
30/22/31/30/30/30 HP Fighting 70
[ Ember, String Shot, Morning Sun, Hidden Power ]
-hatched in Desert Resort-

I'm...kinda bummed. I wanted HP Rock. :/

HP Fighting isn't bad, it gives you coverage over the 4x effectiveness rock types that will ruin your day, even if flying types still hate you. :P

Hey quick question, if I take a scizor with bug bite and breed it with a ditto, will the scyther have bug bite?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
HP Fighting isn't bad, it gives you coverage over the 4x effectiveness rock types that will ruin your day, even if flying types still hate you.

idk who'd wanna use it for that though. :(

Hey quick question, if I take a scizor with bug bite and breed it with a ditto, will the scyther have bug bite?

If it's a male Scizor it should, but only if it's an egg move or a learned move I think. Because you can't pass gen IV move tutor moves, sadly. :( That's why I need to learn how to RNG good IVs in gen IV and not just shiny eggs lol...I hope the move tutors make a return in B2W2.

I'll trade with you Syd after I've gone for a walk, which should be in an hour or two. Also I managed to RNG a shiny flawless Feebas.

Too bad I wasn't around then, haha. :( A walk sounds good tbh though. I should have taken one today. I guess if you count walking around most of Walmart, then I suppose I did take a walk.

edit: Just got this. Lots of chatter advancements involved, so I'm happy it only took two tries to get it haha.

004.png
495.gif
004.png

Bluegrass / Snivy (m) lv. 1
Overgrow | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/26/31/30/31/30 HP Fire 70
[ Tackle, Cut, Hidden Power ]
-hatched in Pinwheel Forest-

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
tumblrl7091xicra1qd42rak.gif
yeah, yeah, time for my entry. Btw, what other Pokemon than mine can be a lucky amulet? (Chansey's name in Japanese is "Lucky")

freshly hatched, lvl 5
113.gif

Nature: Bold | Ability: Natural Cure | OT: GONZO 61325
IVs: 31/18/31/31/31/31
The epic move: Seismic Toss​

"Freshly hatched on level 5? Yeah, Gonz0, good joke!" Apparently, not. I learned 3rd Gen abuse!

In game, I prefer changes and lack of routine rather than some reliable folks. It makes the in game boring. Palying the game with the same Pokemon for the 5th time? Not for me. On the other hand, since the very beginning of my competitive battling adventure I wanted to use reliable Pokemon rather than creative. It's still this way. One of the first Pokemon I used was Blissey. Everytime I create a new team, Blissey's there. Unfortunately, since the very beginning I had to rely on a fully redis one and I always wanted to have a Seismic Toss Blissey on my own. Finally, my dream came true, and here she is :D
I lost many battles that Blissey took part in, I also used many times Blissey as my late game sweeper (srsly, I did). It's not my lucky amulet, but a Pokemon I trust, and I try to put in all of my teams, even it doesn't really fit and get kicked of it.
BW brought a useful tool - eviolite and I'm totally going to test my Chansey with it :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
tumblrl7091xicra1qd42rak.gif
yeah, yeah, time for my entry. Btw, what other Pokemon than mine can be a lucky amulet? (Chansey's name in Japanese is "Lucky")

freshly hatched, lvl 5
113.gif

Nature: Bold | Ability: Natural Cure | OT: GONZO 61325
IVs: 31/18/31/31/31/31
The epic move: Seismic Toss​

"Freshly hatched on level 5? Yeah, Gonz0, good joke!" Apparently, not. I learned 3rd Gen abuse!

In game, I prefer changes and lack of routine rather than some reliable folks. It makes the in game boring. Palying the game with the same Pokemon for the 5th time? Not for me. On the other hand, since the very beginning of my competitive battling adventure I wanted to use reliable Pokemon rather than creative. It's still this way. One of the first Pokemon I used was Blissey. Everytime I create a new team, Blissey's there. Unfortunately, since the very beginning I had to rely on a fully redis one and I always wanted to have a Seismic Toss Blissey on my own. Finally, my dream came true, and here she is :D
I lost many battles that Blissey took part in, I also used many times Blissey as my late game sweeper (srsly, I did). It's not my lucky amulet, but a Pokemon I trust, and I try to put in all of my teams, even it doesn't really fit and get kicked of it.
BW brought a useful tool - eviolite and I'm totally going to test my Chansey with it :D

Awesome entry and nice touching moments from the past =)

I got another RNG Pokemon by the way ^-^ It took me a while because I had a few complications.. I sort of forgot about how if you deposit a chatot into the PC it loses its custom chatter :S I realized that on like my seventh hard reset.

120.gif
004.png

Staryu ♁ lvl 1
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
OT: Shinies ♂ TID: 49098
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0 - Untrained
Moves: Tackle, Harden, Gyro Ball, Light Screen
Met: Day-Care Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.