• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Land of the Maple Leaf ~ Canadian Club

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I'm ShinySearcher01 with a new account! Can you update the memberlist please? :D

Montreal Expo.. Hmm. it was a fair of some sort, and it was the namesake of the ill-fated Montreal Expos, no? /badwithhistory

Ahh, centennial coins... I'm a coin collector (which kind of contradicts the fact that I'm bad with hstory lol, but whatever) and have the whole set of them. If you want to see for yourself:

3345604483_c0595fc7d4.jpg

All are pretty common and very affordable on eBay or at coin collecting stores. :P
these look better than any american coins, hands-down
New Topic: What province is your favorite scenery-wise? Basically, which province do you think has the prettiest landscape?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Prettiest landscape? I would say British Colombia. My friend's place looks exactly like the landscape in Skyrim. Woods and mountains everywhere where she lives :)

Really different form the urban tone of Montreal >.>

I also feel pretty lonely, being the only one here from the province of Quebec haha

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I've only seen Ontario ('cause I live here) and Quebec (couple of trips), so I'm not really in a position to judge. Between the too, I've done more naturey things in Ontario so I'll vote my home turf

In my imagination, I would go with somewhere in the maritimes though

Years
Might be a bit biased since I live here, but I'd have to say that British Columbia has some of the nicest landscapes in Canada. All from about an hour's drive from my house you can visit beaches, mountains, rivers/lakes, forests, farmland, etc. My second choice would probably have to be Newfoundland. Even though I've never been, any pictures that I've seen others take there always make it look so nice, and it's one of those places I'd like to visit if I ever got the chance.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
And like a week or so later due to university, finally back to post a bit here and there!

Am I the strange west coast person who has hardly been around Ontario? I think that I stopped by there for at most a week... I haven't been to Ontario for like the first 10 years that I've been in Canada, and only went there recently haha.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I have a bunch of those pennies and one of the 5 cent coin.
I have this one coin from Alberta, I think it is.. from 1870.. with a Buffalo on one side and a prairie flower on the other. Dunno if it's worth anything though!

And.. have an old 5 dollar bill that has french all over it and.. er.. hard to describe actually.

And the old $2 I have :33

Years
My dad has a whole set of those Centennial coins put away somewhere, he got them as a gift for being born in the same year. I've also got a few $1 and $2 bills that are stashed away, with one of them being at least 50 or 60 years old.
Am I the strange west coast person who has hardly been around Ontario? I think that I stopped by there for at most a week... I haven't been to Ontario for like the first 10 years that I've been in Canada, and only went there recently haha.
I've lived in Canada my entire life and have never been East of Alberta, so it isn't all that strange.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I think that it took me quite awhile to even properly visit Vancouver even though I live in Alberta, and Alberta is relatively close to Vancouver too XD; You'll think that most Canadians will visit the 2 larger cities of the country hm?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
The farthest I've been away from Toronto in Canada is Timmins, which still isn't very far.
I think I used to have some special bills maybe, but when I moved to the states I might have left them somewhere. Idk. :/

I have an old family friend of my grandfather who lives in Timmins whose family is still really close to my mom. Unfortunately I've never visited .o. How did you find it?

And damn.. -30.. that's crazy @_@

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Coldest it's gotten here so far is -11 with wind chill, I think. It's 3 degrees now. Not too big a deal. I'm getting a bit sick of it because it's so rainy here. I'd much prefer snow instead of rain at this point. :(

It always surprises me how few Canadians actually visit Canadian destinations. :( Even those who travel a lot will go all over the world and never visit the province next door. I get that Canada's huge and you can't get to as many places in one trip as other destinations but Canada's awesome. The only places I haven't been are the territories and the only province I didn't enjoy at all was Manitoba. :P

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Here it's 1 degres celsius, so it's not that bad. But we're also planning on having 6 centimeters of snow for tonight.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Well admittedly there's not a lot of "reason" to visit some of the provinces in Canada... like, unless you have family members there, why would you visit Sasketchewan? @_@; even in Edmonton here, if say a friend from afar visits me, I'll be quite hard pressed to think of some fun places to take them to.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Coldest it's gotten here so far is -11 with wind chill, I think. It's 3 degrees now. Not too big a deal. I'm getting a bit sick of it because it's so rainy here. I'd much prefer snow instead of rain at this point. :(

It always surprises me how few Canadians actually visit Canadian destinations. :( Even those who travel a lot will go all over the world and never visit the province next door. I get that Canada's huge and you can't get to as many places in one trip as other destinations but Canada's awesome. The only places I haven't been are the territories and the only province I didn't enjoy at all was Manitoba. :P
I really want to go out west and out east and I hope to some day. Let's go on a Canada tour! :P

But, when it comes to family travel for us... eh... Dad travels throughout Canada a lot. He's been to all the provinces many times over. He's somewhere just about every week. I think going elsewhere is more desirable to him as a vacation because otherwise it might feel more like work? Or something?

Back