• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The dating game.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I've had eyes on my fair share of popular, charming, and funny guys. Usually, I lacked the courage to tell them how I feel or they were taken before we even met. I dunno why I'm attracted to mostly extroverted guys when I'm such a shy weirdo. Those I have admitted my feelings to (online relationships only) didn't hold for more than a few months. No dates and no game here.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Dating online, I feel, is completely different from dating in real life. Not to pop anyone's bubble, but it doesn't take a whole lot on the Internet. Two different versions of the same game, so to speak

Years
I don't really go on dates, unless it's the girl that asks me out. My ex asked me out to homecoming senior year when she wanted to go to homecoming, but was single at the time. Then when it came to prom, we both mutually agreed to go and dance with each other. So she did more asking than me :P

I dunno if things will change though if I get a new girl when I start school, but they probably will.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Zach said:
I dunno if things will change though if I get a new girl when I start school, but they probably will.
What's all this "if" crap? You mean when. ;)

My dating life? Non-existent. I've had two girlfriends so far, the shorter relationship lasting eight months. The two relationships ended the same way too, we decided we were just friends and left it at that. In fact, one of them is still one of my best friends today. Since then I just haven't wanted a girlfriend. I'm happy the way things are now.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I barely have a social life, let alone any dating life.

That's pretty much the best way to describe me without using the phrase "socially awkward" as said in the OP. The thing that doesn't help is that there's hardly anyone in my immediate vicinity. Salt on a wound, I might say.

Even if I did somehow meet someone, I'd be looking the other way, as I can't love anyone, not even myself. Thus, it's the hermit's life for me.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have an awesome boyfriend right now, but before we were officially together, we'd just hang out at his place and have wine n dine dates. We'd get whatever food tickled our fancy (usually pizza or Japanese, since he lives right by those kinds of places), head to Winn Dixie to pick out some wine for the night (and usually cookie dough...!), and we'd have a movie planned to watch, so yeah! Sometimes we cooked together, or we baked this awesome thing we call a s'moregasm. And there were lunch dates. ...What I'm trying to say is that we really like food and alcohol. lol

But anyway, he's actually the only guy I had dates with before actually making things official. Before that, it would just be me liking a guy and talking to them a lot and eventually they'd ask me out, then we'd date. But with my current boyfriend, we actually did a lot of hanging out and such before making things official, so yeah. I gotta say, I like that a lot more. I consider those dates, though I know some people wouldn't consider them as such, but oh well, you don't matter. :)

Years
I don't think it's time for me to go out with a girl yet; never had a real opportunity to make a first move nor am I ready to spend money and time on someone who I'll probably break up with eventually.

Saki

The Fire Fox
Years
I used to date only people I met in person (before I spent much time on the internet). I had a couple serious relationships, a few shorter term "flings" with people, some people I spent time with once or twice, etc. I don't have any hard feelings about any of them but I definitely feel the most comfortable and happy with the person I am currently with. We actually met online through a game/forum I was working for and that he enjoyed playing competitively. I will say I had my opinions on forming long distance relationships based on meeting through the internet but after being in Skype calls almost 24/7 (and even sleeping with the call open frequently) it does foster a type of bond that is very unique and special. If you try really hard and make an effort you can get to know someone extremely well without the complications of physical things. The one thing I have discovered about myself through dating is that I can enjoy a lot of different people, and be content dating them but I really can only truly care for someone who is similar to me, and I was lucky enough to ever find someone who completes me like he does.

We're also lucky in the fact that we're not far enough apart to be unable to see one another. We've spent time together in person and are just the same in person as we are on skype 24/7. I feel pretty blessed to be able to connect with someone on such a level and I decided not to let the stigmatism of meeting online get in the way. Our family's are certainly accepting of it, and I know mine is extremely happy to see me legitimately happy with someone (as opposed to just content).

So, I can't agree that meeting someone online is illegitimate, in fact I would say a lot of people who date after meeting in person have less of a legitmate relationship than I do. I think no matter how far apart, or how a bond forms, if you make an effort and you want it badly enough then it's there and it's real. :)

Also! On a final note. For those of you who care for someone and who are afraid to admit it to them just go for it. You have nothing to lose, even if you're rejected and it stings for a day, a week, a month, a year, you will have closure and you will be able to move on . . . or chances are they may have the same feelings and you'll enjoy having a relationship with them in the future.

<3

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I was the ugly girl in high school, so no guys ever gave me a second look. I'm still the ugly girl (and I'm fat too) in college, and guys won't even give me a second glance there either. I had to go online to find my ex and my current boyfriend. I dated my ex for a year but he got bored of me and began cheating. My current boyfriend of 5 months is very religious (but not in a "you should follow the Bible or I won't date you" kind of way) and kind. Hopefully he lasts.

Years
Didn't we have a thread about this not too long ago? :P

The dating life is still pretty non-existant, but considering how busy I'm going to be this semester it's probably a good thing. I'm still trying to figure out when I'll have time to do my homework.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I only went on dates with people I was already in a relationship with, so I don't date the way that other people do to, you know, meet other people and see if anything's there between the two of you. So mine was just hanging out with my SO who I was already comfortable around enough to be myself, so nothing was awkward.

I've been single for about two years now and I'm thinking about doing the whole dating before a relationship thing.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
There's someone I've got my eye on now, but I can't say anything because whatever positivity I say here I will jinx it and **** everything up :P

seriously **** this place for jinxing me. I just ****ed it up. I mean, like, I was starting to like her too much, so I had to, but still.. I feel really bad about it now, really off. ):

Melody

Banned
Years
I don't really play the dating game.

There's nobody in the local area I'm interested in anyways, I tend to lead a private life, and I don't really interact with people much for fun. I'd rather sit at home and read a book.

TheShiningStarlette

The Pikachu Master
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 24, 2014
I don't really play the dating game.

There's nobody in the local area I'm interested in anyways, I tend to lead a private life, and I don't really interact with people much for fun. I'd rather sit at home and read a book.

Totally agreed.

I am interested in nobody and dated with nobody so I can't play.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've been single for about two years now and I'm thinking about doing the whole dating before a relationship thing.

I strongly recommend it. I got close to my boyfriend much more quickly than I did with any other guy I dated, and I don't remember being this happy with anyone I've dated before, especially this early on. We've only been together for two months, but we liked each other for...I wanna say two months before we got together, and we had a lot of little dates for one of those months. I think that's what really made a difference with my current relationship compared to my past ones. So yeah, definitely date before making things official. It's worth it, Nickle bby.

Back