• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2011
Is the pokemon center on route 32 none? If you go there and restore your pokemon it wil crash.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
Poliwhirl will evolve by a friendly evolution into Politoed. Capture it in a Luxury Ball to x2 happiness points. And, if it's in B5, use the Soothe Bell. Is it in B5? (Luxury Ball = Green Apricorn)

Thanks a lot mate. It is in B5.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
Would you use similar methods for other trade-evolution pokemon? I was wondering how one would go about getting a pokemon like Gengar on an emulator.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
I thought Item Trade Evolutions would have been more to the tune of reaching a certain level while holding the item they originally evolve with; such as Politoed and Slowking evolving at respective levels, while holding King's Rock, and such. Though how hard that is to do, I'm not entirely sure..

I've made my Slowpoke hold King's Rock, thinking that was the case. XD;

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
I'm almost positive that you can't get a trade evolution pokemon on a rom. Although you could you gameshark codes.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Evolution Editing. That's the answer.

The only reason zel made those pokemon available without trading was cuz he wanted to put the first 386 pokes in.

noah73x

Noah
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
I'm almost positive that you can't get a trade evolution pokemon on a rom. Although you could you gameshark codes.

yes you can and yes you can! :P
i got a rom, that i can trade pokemons [and evolve like hounter and kadabra] and battle with other emerald, red fire and green leaf [and shiny gold of course].
it allows you to trade with 2 roms opened or with another computer through IP.
if you want it just ask :rambo:

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
You gotta download the LAN version of vba or something and configure the link settings and that'll allow you to trade with another emulator that's opened up or thru IP. Just google it.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
I'm curious about if this can be done.

I'm sure it is possible, but ASM may be needed. In RSE I was playing around once and It automatically changes the map to highlight where pokemon are findable.

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
Did you try to surf East from New Bark Town after the credits? If it wouldn't let you do that then the only thing I can think of is the beta ends there.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
It says in the 1st post beta 5 ends in fuchsia city. Make sure you have the latest beta.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
I Just told you... Beta 6 is being worked on. Go to the first post of this thread and download beta 5.

Back