• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WPC #26 - POLL

Pixel Art is the best forum.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #25 - POLL
Hosted by: Logiedan

Theme: Generation VI - New Type

Voting Rules:

• One vote per person
  • You may not vote for yourself
  • You can post which one you voted for and why
  • Critique is really appreciated to help those who struggled in votes!
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 96x96
  • Palette Requirements: 18 colours max.
  • Transparency: Optional (WILL NOT COUNT AS A COLOUR)
  • Animation: None
  • Other: N/A
List of contestants:
NOTE: This is in no particular order or related to the order of entries below.

GolurkIsDaBomb, kinataki, Chesu, Fenneking and Retribution

Entries:

1. Psyduck
118qhhe.jpg

Type: MACHINE
------------
2. Heracross
10pt7ab.jpg

Type: MAGNET
------------
3. Tangela
2gxie10.jpg

Type: FOOD
------------
4. Altaria
21ct9hw.jpg

Type: PRISM
------------
5. Gastly
5d80w5.png

Type: VIRUS

---

Good luck!

Years
My vote also lies on the adorably crafted Tangela sprite, though the Psyduck captured my interest as well. I voted for this sprite for a number of reasons. Though the food type should never actually ever be integrated into the Pokemon games, though many Pokemon would fit under it (Farfetch'd, Cherubi, Vanillite, etc.), it seemed the most notable and clearly expressed in its sprite among the entries. For instance, Psyduck could easily just be another electric or steel type. The design is handled well additionally; nothing is over-the-top. The fork doesn't look out of place and appears to have some good sheen to it, there isn't too much sauce, the meatball isn't too big to distract from the main sprite. As well as loving the concept, I happen to love spaghetti and meatsauce. Go, favorite food~ :D

Years
I went for the Altaria retype. The sprite is really well made, and is pretty awesome to look at. Also, the Prism type is really creative, in my opinion! I love how the mane or whatever it is goes into white (colored light going back into white light) when from out of altaria's shadow. Genius!

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
i really liked the design about psyduck(how it have the stuff in the back) and it seemed the most possible one to be in game for me (XD)

heracross one is looks nice but the colours do not really fit to me and that doesnt really look nice, i love the type and i know how magnemite's can be considered as an magnet type.7/10

tangela one looks tough. the spriting is nearly perfect(the only thing can be considered as a "mistake" is that shading on fork). but i must say that this wouldn't fit the game at-all. food type seems like a no to me(i know how there is food pokemons and stuff but it really cant fit the game..) and also it seems just like a food type! yeah thats what i see when i look at it, and that was a + point too.9.999/10

altaria, ooh altaria, the sprite is so perfect! and the type and everything, i can't even criticise that thing. it looks so good!10/10

so here is the thing about gastly, it looks nice and the things you add is nice but it looks incomplete and i cant really say, oh that is an virus type when i look at that. because it looks somehow incomplete like i said. i love gastly and i loved the things you did there.7/10

and by that way like i said, i voted for altaria, i loved it so so so so much!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I voted for Magnet-cross or Hera-net...? xD I guess it's kinda simple, but it works well, and the palette and shading looks nice. :) I like how you used the different 'sections' of the Pokemon to represent the different sides and colours of a magnet, and it isn't an obvious retype. Only criticism is in some parts it could be a little lighter I guess for the outline but it isn't that glaring and you obviously took into account the different tones for the outline as evidenced by the 'horn'.

The Psyduck uses a few too many dark outlines and I think the signal could be a little smoother. I like the design though and genuinely believe it could look really nice with a bit of work. :D Similarly, I really like food Tangela but I think the outline is a bit too light this time. I do really like the concept though. :D Prism Altaria also really looks nice and is a good concept and sprite. I like the rainbow "hair" and I think that part was quite nice. I didn't really like how the head was done and I am not really digging the crystalline head. I also can't really see it realistically as a Pokemon sprite. I kinda like my retypes to look like they'd fit in a Pokemon game and it kinda doesn't. :x It's a bit hard to explain but I do like the sprite and the palette. :) Virus Gastly is kinda limited by the Pokemon so I think something more larger might have allowed for more space to actually add elements. Choosing Gastly did kinda limit this. The palette is nice and the 'data' gas is a nice effect but yeah, as mentioned it doesn't exactly scream virus. Overall, good entries from everyone and I wish you all the bets of luck. :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
My favorite was the Altaria because it had an unusal concept, had solid outline and color scheme and didn't look too obviously like an Altaria; maybe it's just me but I like re-types that have a certain degree of difference from the original.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
I'm voting for the Prism Altaria. I find it very visually appealing and a nice edit to the sprite. Looks very clean and the prism effect is nicely done.

Years
I actually voted a few day before I posted; I was just too lazy to give an explanation for my vote.

I also wanted to add that all the sprites look great, there was no "bad" entry.
Looking forward to the next one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back