• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm Sleepy!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Naps are a good way to regain focus after spending some time awake, IMO. I take naps whenever I get the chance, and those last around half an hour to an hour.

Years
I like naps. They're awesome. d("d)

I don't have the opportunity to take them very often these days; by the time I get home it's too late to nap if I want to get to bed at a decent time. The only days I consistently nap are my days off... sometimes. All depends, really.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I will usually only nap if Im really tired during the day, which usually happens either if I didnt sleep well at night, or had to get up really early. I usually can go without one.

DeuceClubs

Boom Shakalaka
Years
Well then...

Napping is something I used to love back in Middle School. Back then, sleeping was my favorite thing to do. Now I barely have time for that. Things to do, things to see....people to talk to! But recently I've been taking plenty of naps, so yes. Maybe once a day. I always take naps thinking it will take me 10 minutes or so, but I drift off and end up waking up an hour or two later, which is a hassle when I realize that I have work to complete. D:

As for feeling awake, I honestly feel weaker. I feel energized after a good night sleep, but naps make me feel like having another nap. Is it weird? No? I don't know. I try to avoid them, but it just happens. Although whenever somebody wakes me up, and not myself, I feel quite energized since I always think it's something important.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Naps are glorious. I've always loved naps. I sleep a lot during the day on my days off.

If you have a problem with naps, we can't be friends.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Me, nap? Hogwash!
Even if I'm really tired I don't nap, otherwise I'd be awake at 4:00am.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I only ever take what could be described as a "nap" when I have a migraine or a temperature - just to make the pain go away. In those instances when I wake up I usually feel better. But if I fall asleep travelling or something, I feel worse. Having a lie in is the same, if I've woke up early, felt tired and went back to sleep, when I wake up I feel worse. Hence waking at 8, snoozing the alarm for around 30mins, switching it off for another hour's sleep soon turns into getting up at 1pm feeling ****** and feeling ****** about myself for sleeping so long.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The only time I take naps are when I'm reeeeeeeeeally tired from either a hard day's work or a lack of sleep from the night before. The last one I took was about 2 weeks ago; I'd taken a night bus to visit my parents, but only managed to sleep about 2 hours due to the uncomfortableness of it hence: a nap the next day! But even then, it just made me feel worse afterwards. So, I'm probably not going to take a great deal of them in the future.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
i take naps more than i sleep lol as soon as i lie on couch it has a magical ability

1308715097_b0e6b9b381aee49fbccfc008ee4b7cee1230278627_full_large.gif

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
...well, maybe you aren't at the moment, but what are your thoughts on taking naps? Do you take naps regularly, rarely, or never?

Uhh, I rarely take naps. I only take naps when I feel really sleepy or if I am really bored and got nothing at all to do. Other than that I try not to take naps. xD

After napping, do you expect to feel awake once when you wake up from a nap? And does napping help you feel more energized?

Um kind of. But sometimes when I wake up from naps I still feel sleepy until I lay in bed for like a few minutes then I start feeling awake and energized.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I can never take naps :(
I try, but I always end up thinking about everything that I need to do and it just stresses me out making sleep impossible.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I often take naps. I get easily tired of doing mental artistic work so taking naps is the best way to recharge my imagination juice.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I love naps! I usually take a two to three hour nap each day. They make me feel so much more refreshed and alert. I know a nap that's more than 20 minutes is terrible for your circadian rhythm, but I think my body has gotten used to taking such long naps that it doesn't really matter at this point. What sucks is that then the amount of time I sleep at night is much less than what normal people would get, but I guess I replace that short amount of sleep with naps during the day.

Years
I dislike napping as it throws off my sleep schedule. I'd really only ever nap if I got no sleep the day before, which has only happened twice. That or if I'm sick. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I never take naps. For some reason, I don't like to. I really don't know the reason why, but maybe like Cirno said, it messes up my sleep schedule. If I take a nap during the day, I find it hard to sleep at night.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I try to stay away from naps, regardless of how tired I am (I'll opt for going to bed early instead). They always wind up turning into going to sleep anyway.

Back