• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What's your favourite legendary in RGBY?

Shangahyando

The odd one.
Years
There are only 5 of them so it's not easy to decide. Legendary birds aren't my thing and I don't really like them. And if I had to decide between mew and mewtwo, I'd definetly choose second one. Its stats are much better.

Sirfetch’d

Articuno for me. I'd always make sure that this was the one legendary I use on my team as it was just so useful especially against Lance.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Zapdos, with it's great 125 Special and 100 Speed and good Electric/Flying stat. Zapdos's main flaw is that it's ugly as hell. I don't like the other four, though I love Moltres's design. Articuno is bland and becomes useless in later generations, while Mewtwo is: 1) overrated; 2) overpowered; 3) not very good-looking; 4) Uber. Mew is too hard to obtain and has a really bad Green sprite.

Last edited:
Years
All of them lol

I liked my Charizard L76 more tbh

but Mewtwo is cool and the strongest pokemon to catch so if it comes to a decision I'd say him

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
My favorite gen 1 legendary is Mewtwo. It's an amazing Pokémon in gen 1, and the other legends don't really compare in that regard. Plus, I've never been that fond of flying Pokémon (like Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres) anyway--while a few are nice, there are far too many of them in my opinion, and they have too many common weaknesses.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
PCP144.png

Of course it has to be Articuno. Great Pokemon. Wrecked Lance, I remember the first time i looked through the binoculars before fuchsia city..? Not sure of the correct spelling.
& seen "
Spr_1y_144.png
" in pokemon yellow i instantly fell in love. I remember thinking.. "now who the hell is that Pokemon?!"
To this day, Articuno is still one of my favourite legendaries.

NOTE: IF YOU CAUGHT MEW FOR OTHER REASONS THAN COMPLETING THE POKEDEX AFTER FINISHING THE GAME, YOUR A CHEATER.

( I liked everyones posts agreeing on the majestic ice bird also ;) )

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
I don't know how you can say no to Mewtwo. Just so overpowered and it didn't look stupid, like most of the birds. The birds also had terrible movepools when you caught them, so that took the fun out of them for me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Would Arcanine count? After all, its original Pokédex entry stated that it was a legendary Pokémon. Haha. ^^" If not, then my favorite first generation legendary is Zapdos, because it's a great Pokémon to battle with. I also like Articuno, because its design is very beautiful.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
If we're only talking games, it's probably Mewtwo or Zapdos or Suicune. Even though I like the designs of Moltres and Articuno (and all the Johto legendaries for that matter) better, Zapdos is the only legendary bird I remember really using in a game. And Mewtwo was so cool and strong that I just had to use it after E4 :p Not that there was much to do then, of course. But still. Suicune is the only legendary beast I remember using at some point. And it was good enough as a water type, even though I think I switched it out after a while again haha. But that's because I've always preferred using non-legendaries.

D Dog master of war

In the heart of battle!
Years
Its a tie between Mewtwo and Articno. They both are cool. But I love Articono... In the old games because its high special that at the time was not split. But I love Mewtwo now and his mega evo makes me fan-boy him more.

Joobell

Insert Witty User Title Here
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2015
Zapdos, he just looks amazing :3

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
Mew because it's so unique and I honestly think it's the cutest thing ever. I know it can't normally be found in R/B/Y but I think it still counts since there's data for it. My second favourite would be Articuno cuz it looks so graceful and elegant and Zapdos would be my third favourite. I have no opinion on Moltres or Mewtwo tho.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
1. Articuno
2. Mew
3. Mewtwo
4. Zapdos
5. Moltres

I always loved Articuno's design and move pool. Moltres, on the other hand, I always thought looked terrible. Never really had an opinion on Zapdos, too.

seishiro-san

Inspirational
Years
It was Zapdos for me, and it was the first legendary I caught in a Pok'emon game (Blue). Remained as the main "shocker" of my team until I'd stopped playing Blue.

Back