• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#17: Fighting Fire with Fire

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
Years
...ugh. ;o; Can I pick none? lol

Out of those, I guess Emboar. I've never been fond of Chimchar's evolved forms and Blaziken just never did much for me despite its awesome hidden ability and mega form. Although I've yet to use Emboar his design is one I prefer above the other two.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as Sheep here, none of these really strike my fancy. I guess it's because I'm not that huge on Fighting? I don't know.

So. Unpopular opinion here, and I don't know why, but I never really liked Blaziken. At the same time, I think Emboar is interesting, even though so many people are hating on him. I admit that he's my least favorite of the Unova starters and I ditched him as a Pignite in my B2 run, simply because I found other Pokemon that I liked more, so he's not getting my vote either.

And Infernape, well I've never used him, so I have no idea what he's like in battle, but then again, I never got to evolve my Combusken in Emerald or my Pignite in B2, so I can't compare them in this respect. As far as appearance goes, I think he looks the best among the three; no, actually, I just think he looks really good, I like his design quite a lot. Yeah, I'm gonna vote for Infernape. Though I may be biased because of Ash's Infernape's history in the anime...

Years
Gengar used Reflect Type!

Jokes to the side, I like Emboar. Because it actually has defensive options.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd have to go with Blaziken on this; of them all this was the first that I have ever gotten a hold of, and to put it simple, I just love its overall look. To me, it always seems very confident, at least to some degree. Surprisingly, it also has access to a variety of flying-type attacks, which many fire and fighting Pokémon don't. Also, so far, this is the only one that has mega-evolution.

Only thing I dislike about Blaziken is its overpower-ness; due to this, it has gotten banned to Ubers plenty of times. If its stats were a little lower, I'm sure it wouldn't have been much of an issue.

Years
^ Indeed it has been done before, Mr. nidoking. Though to be fair, a good number of the previous POTWs had been done too- there just happened to be less time between the two threads this time around.

As for myself, I voted for Blaziken, even if I'm not a big fan of any of them. At least at the time, Blaziken had a unique typing as a starter, and was a pretty good powerhouse. I didn't mind Infernape, though it did seem like a bit of a rip-off. And once Emboar came around, I didn't even give it a fair chance since it was our third straight Fire/Fighting starter. Maybe if either Infernape or Emboar were to get a coll mega evolution, I'd reconsider my choice.

And with that spells the end of another POTW. If you haven't voted or voiced an opinion on your favorite though, feel free to continue doing so- all POTWs remain open even after they've been unstickied, so that everyone can join in. The next POTW should be up tomorrow, so keep an eye out for it!

Back