• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Maybe this will work: Go to lines 564 and 581 of the script section WindowAndTilemap and replace them with this line:
Code:
     spriteZ=(@priorities[id]==0||!@priorities[id]) ? 0 : zOffset+@priorities[id]*32

To answer BlueEew's question, I will make the species count practically unlimited; or more accurately, as high as the highest numbered species on the pokemon.txt file.

Years
Hey !
First, I just want to say one thing : this script is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C !
Thank you so much, now, I can make my own Pokémon game !

But I have got a problem. I want to change the name of the map, which pop up when we arrive in a new map (for example, after the intro, you can see "Test Map" on the top.)

(I'm osrry for my bad english, but I'm french ^^')

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
That can be done in RPG Maker XP. Select the name of the map, in this case "Test Map", and press the Space bar. You will then see a box where you can edit the map's name.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
This really needs a tutorial. I have no clue on how to link maps together, make trainer battles, and a lot of other things. =(

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
This really needs a tutorial. I have no clue on how to link maps together, make trainer battles, and a lot of other things. =(

I can make a tutorial for all the noobs out there if Poccil wants me to.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Here's a section I just wrote regarding coordinates:
The status bar on the bottom of RPG Maker XP contains information about the map.
Here is an example of a status bar:

011: Test Map (30 x 28)

The middle of the status bar shows the map ID (011), the name of the map (Test Map),
and the width and height of the map (30 x 28).

Now move your mouse over the map. Notice how another area on the status bar
changes. This shows the X and Y coordinates of the point where the mouse currently
is. Example: 013, 014 means that the mouse is pointing to the tile at X coordinate
13 and Y coordinate 14.

Flameguru, you are welcome to create a tutorial on Pokemon Essentials. It can serve
as a supplement to my own documentation.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2007
Good on ya Flameguru! Lol, you and Poccil have turned into my favourite people on this forum in a very short space of time. =]

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Here is documentation I just wrote on editing the intro screen.
The introduction screen when the game starts is found in the map titled Intro.
This map should be where the starting position is placed. It also contains an event
with an autorun trigger. The event may appear long, but that's only because it's a
representative appearance of the intro screen only. The most fundamental introduction
event looks like the following:

Script: pbChangePlayer(0) -- initializes the player character
Text: Choose a name.
Script: pbTrainerName -- opens the name entry screen and initializes the Trainer object
Text: Hello, \PN. -- displays the player's name.
Control Self Switch: A =ON -- Stops autorun event
Transfer Player:[011: Test Map], (009,009), Down -- Transfers player to start position

Of course, it can be expanded to include multiple player characters and
to show the character on screen:

Text: Are you a boy or a girl?
Show Choices: BOY, GIRL
When [BOY]
Script: pbChangePlayer(0) -- initializes player 0 (PlayerA)
When [GIRL]
Script: pbChangePlayer(1) -- initializes player 1 (PlayerB)
Branch End
Script: pbShowPicture(2,pbGetPlayerGraphic,1,230,120) -- shows the character's picture
Text: Choose a name.
Script: pbTrainerName -- opens the name entry screen and initializes the Trainer object
Text: Hello, \PN. -- displays the player's name.
Erase Picture: 2 -- erases the character's picture
Control Self Switch: A =ON -- Stops autorun event
Transfer Player:[011: Test Map], (009,009), Down -- Transfers player to start position

In the file metadata.txt you can enter data for each player character
in the settings PlayerA, PlayerB, etc. within section [000] of that file.
See metadata.txt for more details.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2007
Hey Poccil, could you write me a script/code to turn on/off the light/time effect easily?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I'm not sure what you mean by light/time effect, but if you mean the tinting of the screen to correspond with the time of day, that's easy to deactivate. In the script section AnimationSprite, go to line 112 and uncomment the line "tintScreen" by adding a "#" sign before the word "tintScreen".

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2007
Yeah, that's what I mean, but I want to disable it in certain parts of the game, so do you have a script I can use for that?

Years
xD Sorry to bug you guys again but can anyone tell me how to compress a file for a demo? And add my own icon in the top left screen of the game?I would realy appreciate it ^^

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
xD Sorry to bug you guys again but can anyone tell me how to compress a file for a demo? And add my own icon in the top left screen of the game?I would realy appreciate it ^^

...ugh

Fine.

Go to File --> Compress Game Data. If you are releasing it to the public make sure to check the "Encrypt data" Check box so nobody can copy your game.

To edit the icon...well, theres already a Tutorial for that so you can figure that out ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Ryruyin:

The day-night tinting is enabled only if the map is marked as an outdoor map. This setting is one of many in the file PBS/metadata.txt. See the notes in that file for more information. Specifically, if the setting "Outdoor" for a map is set to "true", then the map is an outdoor map and tinting will be enabled.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2007
Ok, thanks. Also, how do I connect two maps?
Edit: Ok, I found the tut

Last edited:

-BlackShadow-

Shadow King
Years
  • Age 28
  • U.S.
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
Problem...

Every Time I Test Play My Game And Pick A Starter Pokemon It Acts
Like I Don't Have One Even Though It Shows Up In The Start Menu.
What I Mean Is That The Prof. Acts Like He Didn't Give Me A Pokemon
And His Assistant Won't Give Me The Pokedex. Here Is What I Entered.

@>Conditional Branch: Switch [0008: Got Pokemon] == OFF
@>Text: Do You Want The Flame Pokemon CHARMANDER?
@>Show Choices: Yes, No
: When [Yes]
@>Text: I Think That Is A Great Choice.
@>Script: Kernel.pbAddPokemon(
: : ::PBSpecies::CHARMANDER,5) # 004 and 5
@>Play ME: 'Jingle - HTML', 100, 100
@> \PN Has Received CHARMANDER
@>Set Move Route: Player
: : $>Move Left
: : $>Move Up
@>Text: Good Now Go Get A Pokedex From My Lab
: : Assistant.
@>Set Move Route: Player
: : $>Move Down
@>Control Self Switch: A =ON
@>
: When [No]
@>Text: Think It Over Carfully. This Is A Very Important
: : Decision.
@>
: Branch End
@>

It Does All That But, It Does It Again.....Just As If It Never Happened....
Thank You In Advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back