• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create a Pokemon (Reborn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokaabii

^ It means Kirby of Darkness.
Years
r93509.png

Alright!

-Saturated the colors so they weren't as eye-hurting.
-Edited some outlines, smoothing them out here and there (Specifically: eyes, the two little "wisps" at the top, and end of tornado. Also, it bugged me how the join from arm to head on the left (our left) was curvy but on our right it was angular, so changed that.)
-Added pallet, but not sure whether we should actually use it yet. (Meaning, continue to tweak outline and stuff first maybe?) Also, I suggest not adding extra colors (I believe real Pokemon sprites have a maximum of 12 colors, each shade being a separate color, and white, black and transparent all being colors. The purple is NOT a color on the sprite, it's just to make it apparent that white is a color.)

I would've added a lamp (genie lamp) and stuff, but I would probably fail at scratching that.....

Last edited:

mjolnirIV

Graphic Designer
Years
Hi, I'm kinda new, so I haven't played this game before, but I think I've got the gist of it.

createapkmn.png

I didn't want to edit too much, so I just edited the whirley thing down the bottom. The part on the right is just incase someone decides to edit the arms, so they don't have to worry about recreating the parts that you can't see. I changed the yellow palette a little as well.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Here, I added shading & a tooth too. Feel free to edit for me, I also added a flame on it's tail, free to edit too.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
tempez.png

The lighting was odd on the arms also, the hat was not very well executed. There was and still remains some shaping issues with the arms/shoulders. Therefore I added a turban-head, so it would look a bit more proportional.

It would be nice if someone would take the time to make the pose a bit more interesting, like shift one of the arms so it's not so symmetrical, but this is only if someone does so carefully rather than hastily. Also, if someone can add eyes, again, with precision, rather than messy placement of pixels.

Years
Here are some small changes to the arms.

e8mnp5.png

Just noticed that the hands look like they have thumbs on the wrong side. Oops.

yaminokaabii

^ It means Kirby of Darkness.
Years
295bi2b.png

Guys guys guys we need some SHADING on this. The only part of the brown body that was shaded was the hands, and that's not good. So with my piddly shading skills, I put some tiny shadows. And I forgot to finish anti-aliasing.... And I forgot to undo the changes I made to the tail....

Put up the pallet, at least.

Years
xDnbD.png
ZGsap.png

The left has the palette and a white background, the right is transparent.
I'd say this is looking pretty solid. I don't think there are many changes to make left.
I propose starting with this beginning if you guys are alright with ending that sprite.

gENhI.png

edit:
Here's an animation:
C1bIf.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
xDnbD.png
ZGsap.png

The left has the palette and a white background, the right is transparent.
I'd say this is looking pretty solid. I don't think there are many changes to make left.
I propose starting with this beginning if you guys are alright with ending that sprite.

gENhI.png

edit:
Here's an animation:
C1bIf.gif

Added some sphere to make it look like a scorpion tail.

genhi.png

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Spoiler:

Great idea with breaking up the solid brown with a batman like insignia. haha
It looks really great, it's nice to see the animation of progress in there too!
This is definitely a solid and finished sprite!

create1.png

Duplicated the last image and edited some of the lining.
Tried to keep the ambiguity going.

Last edited:
Years
CipdO.png

Make sure you use the black colour included, not the default black colour. The black I've used there allows you to make it transparent without losing the outline (it's not pure black, RGB 0,0,0; it's RGB 1,1,1,).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Added a cape.

superthing.png

The black arround it is 0 0 0, for the outline it's 1 1 1, not in transparent maybe because of paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back