• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Those names are still better than Hilda and Hilbert. Though they sound too stereotypical (BW by far didn't go with stereotypical American names), and are from 4 chan so they're vitually 100 percent fake.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nono Hilda and Hilbert weren't as bad as this :( besides those were unique namings in that they started with the same letter so I don't think it'll reoccur again soon (plz).

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... y'know... I'm pretty sure The Pokémon Company would come up with a much more better name than any of the names rumored on 4chan and Hilbert and Hilda.

I would never believe anything from 4chan, really. :x

But apart from that, I'm feeling like that Pokémon X and Y will have sequels and follow the same pattern as Black and White, 'cause I don't think I've ever heard of a "Z" chromosome before, I only know of an X or Y chromosome. They're almost like the Yin Yang of Pokémon Black and White in a way. xD

gold/silverFTW

Ecruteak Champion
Years
I don't really like the ideas for the legendaries. What does cards have to do with time? But I do like the time travel idea. Like what if there is a bustling city in the present, and in the past its a tiny village. That would be interesting. I find this very hard to believe though, and if its real, I'd be very disappointed. :(

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
guys! i just got this idea. i was wondering what the legendary dogs were before they died so, well, i did what anyone would do and googled it. i found an old thread from 2009 on some other forum and everyone was arguing about what they were. several of them said it was jolteon, flareon, and vaporeon, 2 thought it was 3 bidoof, but most of them were saying that the story was made so that they could give them some origin forms in heart gold and soul silver. seeing as everyone says X and Y are about genetics, i think this could be a possibility, reviving them like they did with mewtwo, fossils, and genesect. whadaya think?

Years
Hm... y'know... I'm pretty sure The Pokémon Company would come up with a much more better name than any of the names rumored on 4chan and Hilbert and Hilda.

I would never believe anything from 4chan, really. :x

But apart from that, I'm feeling like that Pokémon X and Y will have sequels and follow the same pattern as Black and White, 'cause I don't think I've ever heard of a "Z" chromosome before, I only know of an X or Y chromosome. They're almost like the Yin Yang of Pokémon Black and White in a way. xD

Well it's said that GF planned to make a third version to BW but decided to do sequels instead to please Nintendo who were annoyed at the game not being a 3Ds game so they were made to do something beyond the normal third version. So "Grey" was dumped due to executive meddling per say.
Also Google Z and W chromosomes. Even if they were to make sequels I hope it'll be W and Z rather than to give them numbers, it'll seem more original that way.

Napsy

Tiny Deer
Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napsy
I can't have been the only person to say this; but, What if Sylveon was a gender based pokemon with a 100% female ratio?
And they released a male counterpart?
Holy ****, you are smart!!!!!!

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not gomen ;-;

Years
I speculated that as well.

And I think the names are just fake, only because of John and Jane Doe. lol. And I don't get why they would randomly have names no longer customizable. It's your own save file and 'exploration of the generation' so I don't see that possible at all.

Years
If they do a male only eeveelution I see as either rock or Fighting, and Fighting fits with Sylveon if it's either Normal or Flying. However it may just be one of those feminine looking mons.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It definitely doesn't seem to be as painful as the thought of Doduos spinning their necks like a helicopter trying to fly. Oh gosh...

On another note, not sure if anyone brought this up before but, it seems as though more rumors are floating around 4chan based on this article here, Pokémon X And Pokémon Y To Bring Significant Changes To Series? I'm almost 99.9% these are fake, but there are some pretty cool ideas in there. One of the interesting things that stuck out to me is the plot being heavily influence by past and present time travel and how the past affects the present and future. Also, there's some cool new "rumored" items and info on the new Legendary Pokémon.

For something that's likely fake, it's a good read.

Actually, the rumor originated from 4chan, but My Nintendo News took it as real news, even though they shouldn't, and made it into an article.

Now regarding the protagonists' names, aren't their official names revealed by the game's release? It's kinda strange to reveal them so early. Isn't Jean a girl's name?

Years
I was a bit surprised by these names stated by 4chan, I don't think they have anything to do with the main "genetics" theme of the game not to mention how similar the names are.

Anyways, I'm hoping for Sugimori art of the protagonists to get released soon.

@Logiedan: I agree with you, I think the names are fake, I don't usually trust 4chan with these things.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I expect this coro coro to give protagonists and the Region. Won't be surprised if we get a couple of pokemons too. And ofc ,data on sylveon.

Years
I expect this coro coro to give protagonists and the Region. Won't be surprised if we get a couple of pokemons too. And ofc ,data on sylveon.

I'm agreeing, I think the next CoroCoro might give the protagonist official art + names, region name and design, maybe some new Pokemon and they might even throw in Sylveon's type.

I'm surprised how very little news has been surfacing, that might be the problem with worldwide releases in one month.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm agreeing, I think the next CoroCoro might give the protagonist official art + names, region name and design, maybe some new Pokemon and they might even throw in Sylveon's type.

I'm surprised how very little news has been surfacing, that might be the problem with worldwide releases in one month.

As I said before, you have Jean, which sounds the same as gene.

It would make the OT look weird, with all new Pokémon having one of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back