• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Set - Black & White Boundaries Crossed to be Released November 7th, 2012!

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
Years
I'm more pumped for Keldeo EX and Computer Search. Sexiest full art and most playable ace spec in the game, respectively.

KenXEcker

Pokemon Professor
Years
I'm looking forward to Blastoise/Keldeo decks. It'll be the new Reshiboar with more damage output! Especially with Skyla allowing you to search for a trainer, hello T2 Blastoise! I'm also digging the Bicycle engine, a trainer that allows you to draw until you have 4 cards in hand.

Landorus EX seems nice, but I think everyone is going to want Keldeo for sure. Celebi EX could be useful somehow, just don't know how yet... Cresselia EX is just crap from what I remember, and the 2 Kyurem EX's are alright I guess, not overly impressed.

What really surprises me is the size of this set, 149 cards not including the secret rares? Seeing how the Japanese equivalent sets have 59 a piece, I guess we're getting an additional 31 cards that would probably come out of Plasma Gale (to those who don't know, it was just released in Japan a few days ago) or be US Exclusive cards...

Years
I'm looking forward to Blastoise/Keldeo decks. It'll be the new Reshiboar with more damage output! Especially with Skyla allowing you to search for a trainer, hello T2 Blastoise! I'm also digging the Bicycle engine, a trainer that allows you to draw until you have 4 cards in hand.

Landorus EX seems nice, but I think everyone is going to want Keldeo for sure. Celebi EX could be useful somehow, just don't know how yet... Cresselia EX is just crap from what I remember, and the 2 Kyurem EX's are alright I guess, not overly impressed.

What really surprises me is the size of this set, 149 cards not including the secret rares? Seeing how the Japanese equivalent sets have 59 a piece, I guess we're getting an additional 31 cards that would probably come out of Plasma Gale (to those who don't know, it was just released in Japan a few days ago) or be US Exclusive cards...

Last I checked, TPCI doesn't do US-exclusive cards. My thought process was that these are more likely cards that are getting the US caught up to Japan's releases, which is the same reason Supreme Victors was so big. I'm not exactly sure what the number difference is between the corresponding sets in each country at this point. I'm fairly sure we still haven't gotten a few earlier cards.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
*What about that Ferrothorn with Power Whip? Isn't that a US Exclusive? or The McD Promos?

...oh wait, never mind... Ferrothorn was printed in Japanese in a few sets after...

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
Probably the best B/W set so far! (Mainly because of Wartortle :P) I'm also going for a Keldeo EX Blastoise deck (Rain Dance FTW! :D)

I love how they got rid of the Blastoise lines terrible electric weakness at the moment. Looking competitively I can already see Vileplume in Worlds (sort of) Landorus EX is a great Dark & Eel counter, Celebi looks good but nothing to pair it up with.....yet, Cresselia would go well with 4 Ability Serperiors, Potions, plasma stadium, Colress machine, and plasma energy! The Kyurems only work well with Blastoise/Emboar, and Charizard/Emboar would also be a great deck with 150 damage outputs & your opponent only takes 1 prize for Charizard! :D And Golduck is very good for early play (two water for 90!), i'm going to use him in my Keldeo/Blastoise deck for sure! Overall my favorite set, it has some very good cards but not the best EXs.....But the Ace Specs are great (except gold potion) so 10/10

Back