• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should women be allowed to go topless in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit Albarn♫

death scythe★
Years
No i dont think they should be allowed. Not sure why though guess its my upbringing. I just think women should cover themselves. On the other hand I dont think men should be allowed to go around topless either.

Your turn bobby
I Wonder Who Bobby Is?,
I Personally Think Women Shouldnt Be Allowed to Go Around Topless Due To My religious Upbringing, Buuuuuuuuut, If They Wanna go Around Shaking Their bodonkadunk, Its thier life.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
For men it is empowering to be topless but for women it is demeaning you see there is a big difference.

If it was legal for women to be topless then lots of women would be topless, mostly they would be the people who just want attention and stuff and they don't care if men objectify them, but that would damage respect all women because then lots of men would objectify us. You see?

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
Yes. probably maybe idk

I don't understand why its considered "Indecent" for a woman to run around topless.
Why is it? Is it the nipples? because men show their nipples all the time and no one gives a crap. its it the fact that women have boobs?

What about fat guys with man boobs? shouldn't that be censored too?
Why do people start freaking out when women breastfeed? I don't understand it at all

know what? instead of women running around topless. how about the men put something on :C
i'd rather we all just put some clothes on instead of a bunch of people running around naked.

we might see people we REALLY do not want to see that much of ._.
Agreed. I was going to say something to the tune of "Yes, I think it should be allowed, but most women (myself included) don't want to be outside topless and thus it would be rare sight even if it were legal." But I quite like the idea of it being illegal for both women and men to be topless in public.

I mean, yeah. I've seen some guys who were lookin' pretty indecent without their shirts on and no one bats an eye, but as soon as a woman pops a breast out to feed her child people are falling all over themselves because they're too busy watching her rather than where they're going.

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I don't see a problem with it, actually. Though, having said that, I don't think many women would do it regardless, at least in non-recreational places. As suggested before, it shouldn't be a big deal if you're just wearing a bra, though I don't think that's the point of this thread.

In the end I guess it all goes down to traditional gender-stereotypes. Women are supposed to be embarrassed to reveal too much of themselves, right? Please. Women's clothing tends to be a lot more revealing that men's anyway, heh.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I believe everyone has the right to be nude in public, but seeing as how it's generally a social taboo(at least where I live), not much would change.

For men being topless lets them show off their muscles and stuff but for women it makes you feel vulnerable so it is different. That is why it is not allowed.

Who made you the spokesperson for an entire gender?

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
Years
I always found it strange why a man can go topless in public but a woman cannot.

I have a question: Why would they-we-want to? I see no reason for me to run around topless-it's not that hot down here. I think guys only do it beacuse they get hot and tired from working all day or whatever they do.

lol at the guys' answers :P

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Do rock concerts count as public? D:

>__> Kay fine, concerts aside, no.

Men can go around topless in certain places because they don't have anything that would all hang out thar for everyone to see. A woman walking around topless in public, seems like the equivalence of a man walking around without pants/underwear on. Seems overkill.. there are clothes for a reason. Due to societies norms, I would call it tacky. xD;

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
If I can find myself on a website showing naked breasts without having to pass an 18+ warning page, then there's probably nothing wrong with the presence of naked breasts in recreational public locales. Even still, the only place I as a man can go without a shirt is either the beach or a public pool. Most restaurants and/or retailers don't serve you if you're not wearing a shirt (or shoes) anyways.

[insert obligatory sexual joke from male perspective here]

Years
Large women in small amounts of clothing make me giggle...

I think they should cover considering the stimulant of exposed female flesh/nipple. I'm against topless in most public settings.

Spoiler:

Sweaty/moisturized boobs are my problem. What if she starts running? Bouncy! Bouncy! Bouncy! Okay with breastfeeding (not near me, please) and "flashing/flirting"...

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I always found it strange why a man can go topless in public but a woman cannot.

I remember being told it is because a female's topless body is sexually attractive to men and society wants to mitigate this in public so children and such aren't offended.

Well woman can also be sexually attracted to a man's topless body so that logic seems moot to me.

Guys don't walk around with their pants off (normally), so I don't think girls should run around with their shirts off. Seems disgusting to me. I would just think she was a random prostitute, and she'd certainly gain that attention. But I did used to wonder why guys could take their shirts off and girls couldn't, and I was about 7 at the time. No girl at my age had anything to show, so I'm not understanding that being too inappropriate. But a grown woman who would normally have to wear a bra, that's a problem. We don't need all the men around getting stiff, especially when their lady friend is around. So no, I'm not for it.

reyzn

Years
In my hometown there's a well-known woman who fought for her right to go topless in our town... needless to say she's the only one who does it lol.
In the summer time she's often seen biking around topless..

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
the only sensible counterargument I can find in this is that there are a lot of male perverts and it just...for the safety of some women, it would be better if they would wear clothes..

But that's a pretty big counter argument, don't you think? It definitely outweighs the other side of the argument.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2016
No. Ok with Bras, they should at-least have a small fine for doing it once.

Zet

Years
Yeah I'm pretty sure that won't increase rape, kidnappings and crap. But as much as I would like to say "Yes, equality is now stronger blah blah" I just can't knowing that it will only increase rape, kidnappings and such.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
I don't know why, but heck, people kick off when a woman breastfeeds in public, no matter how discreet she is.

Really? Who? If you ever go on the tube in london, it's unlikely you won't see someone breastfeeding at some point.

Anyways, I think they should. The only reason breasts have become sexualised is because they are 'hidden' for lack of a better term. If every man woman and child walked around topless, no one would think anything of it. Realistically a sexual desire towards breasts is more like a fetish than anything else.

Besides, it's not as if the rule would that you must walk around topless. Just that if you felt you wanted to for whatever reason, then you could.

Shame is a cruel mistress.

Hikari <3

KANON!!! <3
Years
I say they should. I mean, I've gone in public (on my school bus) with just a bra on... sorry, that might be a little... too much... but why not? As long as they're wearing a bra I don't see the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back