• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Wow, what a great resource you've created. Big thank you to Chaos Rush and all of the other contributors, the sprites look great.

cmbeke

Just Plain Crazy
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2017
I'll keep working on gen iii then, hopefully you can use them without much editing :nervous: heres a couple more

Swablu
iaza.com/work/120607C/iaza16192339850500.png

Altaria - no resize needed
iaza.com/work/120607C/iaza16192399563700.png

Spheal - no resize needed
iaza.com/work/120607C/iaza16192324219600.png

if you see anything that i need to work on just tell me so i can get you better sprites

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I'll keep working on gen iii then, hopefully you can use them without much editing :nervous: heres a couple more

Swablu
iaza.com/work/120607C/iaza16192339850500.png

Altaria - no resize needed
iaza.com/work/120607C/iaza16192399563700.png

Spheal - no resize needed
iaza.com/work/120607C/iaza16192324219600.png

if you see anything that i need to work on just tell me so i can get you better sprites
Swablu looks great :)

If no resize is needed, then please don't even bother posting it. Obviously I already have all the DS Sprites.

EDIT: Also, since you're the best spriter to contribute so far, can you help with backsprites too? Don't worry if your backsprite's palette doesn't match the front (lots of Pokemon had their palettes changed in B/W, and I pick the palette that most matches the Sugimori art, sometimes even using a custom palette, such as for Parasect and Mantyke), I'll take care of that after the clean up job. All backsprites should be from HG/SS, resized exactly 80%. All Unova backsprites should be custom (or enlarged and edited from part of the B/W backsprite).

Also if you're going to help with Unova backsprites, don't do Tranquill or Unfezant, because I've already done those, I just haven't posted it yet.

Last edited:

cmbeke

Just Plain Crazy
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2017
Sure, i can work on backsprites too. I'll try and post backsprites for the pokemon that I've done already. I'm going to stick gen iii (since i don't wanna accidentally redo work that you already have done on gens i and ii) for now, but I might help out with unova later. Oh and heres a taillow and a zangoose, sans backsprites ... for now.

EDIT
I recolored my trapinch backsprite and added them both onto the same image (set up with spaces for the shiny pallets). You want me to format them all like this or have the front and back in different images?

vibrava's backsprite should be done soon done and recolored

flygon's back will be added next

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
These are really good, once i've got my 15 posts ill post my kyurem and his black/white kyurem form sprites front and back

These are ausome. i've done some kyurem sprites including his forms but it says i need 15 posts first

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
EDIT
I recolored my trapinch backsprite and added them both onto the same image (set up with spaces for the shiny pallets). You want me to format them all like this or have the front and back in different images?

vibrava's backsprite should be done soon done and recolored

flygon's back will be added next
No, don't format it like that. I would prefer if you post the front and backsprites separately. This is because, as I mentioned earlier, even if I say the sprite looks good, 100% of the time I will edit, because I am a stubborn perfectionist. If you post them separately, it's just easier for me to edit.

You don't need to separate what you've already posted, but for future reference, please post the front and backsprites separately - it's easier for me to edit that way.

(oh and your sprites look great :) I'm really glad to have a decent spriter finally help, I've added you to the credits even though I haven't actually added your sprites yet - but I will)

EDIT: Added Trapinch to the first post! Will add Vibrava after school today.

Last edited:

cmbeke

Just Plain Crazy
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2017
Ok, that makes sense. The flygon backsprite is going to take a little while longer, it looks ugly (the wings xD) the way was, so I had to restart it (using the magic of layers and giant circles to help with the curves)

flygon done, cacnea next

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Ok, that makes sense. The flygon backsprite is going to take a little while longer, it looks ugly (the wings xD) the way was, so I had to restart it (using the magic of layers and giant circles to help with the curves)

flygon done, cacnea next
Seems kinda like you rushed it, there's lots of pixels I had to adjust.

Also for future reference, please don't recolor the backsprite to match the front sprite. That's my job. You missed some colors, and that just makes it harder for me to edit.

cmbeke

Just Plain Crazy
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2017
sorry about that, did most of it in an airplane (not the best idea) i'm taking my time with the cacnea backsprite as i find these harder than the fronts.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Added Vibrava and Flygon to the first post, credit to cmbeke for the Vibrava and Flygon sprites.

Also finished Tranquill, Unfezant (both genders), and Reunclus's backsprites:
4jp4as.png

cmbeke

Just Plain Crazy
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2017
here's cacturne's backsprite, i'm pretty happy with the way it turned out :) swablu should be next.

edit
wanted to try and do a unova pokemon, and decided that it's probably better if i don't touch them after this (at least until i get much much better at spriting :\). i attached what i came up with to show you why, i doubt even you could save my poor scraggy. :embarrass

Last edited:

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
These are absolutely amazing! I've been trying to make sprites for use in GBA hacks for a while but I can never get them to look good. Really happy to see people are working on these and can't wait to see this completed!

cmbeke

Just Plain Crazy
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2017
done with swablu's backsprite, i'm going to start from the begining and do treecko next ... or just the backsprite seems it's about the same size as the ruby/sapphire sprite

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2013
Google Translation:

Hi
I've been all 386 Pokemon sprites from black and white (even the shiny form) resized for all gba versions.

Works with ALL versions so GBA Fire Red / Leaf Green Emerald AND / sapphire / ruby ​​(careful with emerald: second frame of the animation is not displayed)

board.romresources.net/board6-romhacking/board9-showcase/10272-fr-bg-sm-sa-ru-pokemon-sprites-s-w-fr-rombase/

With your IV and V and I II III Pokeomn my sprites, we have all the Pokemon damn cool. I have your site linked in my thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back