• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@Matty718 Yes, you can keep your previous saved game for the next update just press load save game and where ever you saved it too click that and it should bring you to the last place you saved at.

Years
Apology

If I had said anything to piss u off, I am sorry, it's your hack, u r the boss of everything. Not telling u or demanding u to do what I am telling u to do, I am just giving u some ideas that's all, so with that being said don't get any wrong idea whatsoever, it always was and always will be your creation, I am just a guy who is just throwing in some ideas towards u and not forcing u to do what I am telling u to do, that's all. Good luck with your game, I hope u succeed. :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
If I had said anything to piss u off, I am sorry, it's your hack, u r the boss of everything. Not telling u or demanding u to do what I am telling u to do, I am just giving u some ideas that's all, so with that being said don't get any wrong idea whatsoever, it always was and always will be your creation, I am just a guy who is just throwing in some ideas towards u and not forcing u to do what I am telling u to do, that's all. Good luck with your game, I hope u succeed. :)

No, it's fine ^.^. I appreciate your interest in giving me ideas and different views of things I may miss. Thanks.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
That was me, thnks, I guess Breloom is not that useful anymore, taking into considertaion that with technician ability and a life orb, mach punch would turn into a stab+technician+life orb definitely resulting into the death of dangerous dark types like Hydregion. But still honestly speaking about Garchomp, if it can't learn Dragon Rush in the game, I suggest it is replaced with Outrage though. I hope @Darkrising girl realises that. So, can someone please tell me what fighting type to stick with? I would really appreciate it.
It's similar to Scizor's situation in 3 gen games. Until Scizor got a Technician and Bullet Punch, noone cared about it and now... it's the most overused Pokémon in OU tier =D

Will I keep my save data if there is an update?
Adding to what DRG said:
You must save in Pokémon Center, though.

Years

It's similar to Scizor's situation in 3 gen games. Until Scizor got a Technician and Bullet Punch, noone cared about it and now... it's the most overused Pokémon in OU tier =D

Adding to what DRG said:
You must save in Pokémon Center, though.
Tru dat, I hope Conkeldurr is in the game though cus with Bulk up, it is the most dangerous fighting type in pokemon. Plus it's the second fighting type I can work perfectly with. :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Do you have the hm fly and if so where is it?

Kai's dad gives it to you after you defeat Kayo in the underground city.

As for the therian forms, I may just have the regular forms available to use for all 3 because I'm kinda out of space for Pokemon lol. Only one that was able to fit was Landorus's Therian Forme. All of their regular formes are in, but Tornadus and Thunderus's T-formes don't really have a spot left for them. I'll see what I can do.

I'll be working on the hack a lot today. I realized I still have a bunch of events to set up and it'll be longer then what I first expected. So that's good news for you guys, the hack'll be even longer then what I thought. But it's bad news for me cause I have more work to do lol. But I enjoy working on this so not really. ^.^

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I defeated Kayo at Underground City, where'll I go next?

You can now battle Kai at the Iceland city gym, then go inside the cave and you'll be on a route. Continue on that route until you find Pete. After the battle, the beta ends.

If you guys notice by the recent screenshots, the player and friends will be up against the police in the upcoming release. The police have a very wide view radius compared to other basic trainers and grunts. Plus they like to look all over the map, so avoiding them is gonna be kinda difficult.

I've started working on more progress today and I'll be preparing another pre-release batch of screenshots for next month sometime.

Also, you'll run into a fair amount of new basic trainer classes in the 2nd half of the hack.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You caught my words bro..;) Thats precisely I wanted to say to DrG..
Nice signature by the way:cool:
It seems DJG really made an ultimate hack since we all want something from LoG in other hacks =D
Oh, thanks =) I love Meloetta so I put her in :D

@DRG: Oh well... only one T-forme :/ :D
But I can see that there's not enough space if you want to include as many legendaries from 4th/5th gen as possible and add some more Pokémon as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2012
Okay so I played the game a little bit.I played with Dratini as my starter.

Positives:
1)Game Is very difficult in some aspects
2)Good variety of different Pokemon, seems like almost every area has 20+ different kinds.
3)Wild rates on rarer pokemon seem balanced, I caught a Bulbsaur in the first forest and only ran into one once, same with Squirtle in the Pokemon swamp cave.If rare pokemon were that easy to find I wouldn't play, so keep that as uncommon as possible I would say.
4)Story seems to be progressing well, and alot of different characters involved.
5)Some battles require strategy, and nice arrangement of trainers to battle

Negatives:
1)The map is kinda plain in some areas the beginning city and the caves seem to be very blah. I didnt like the caves either, a pokemart in one and a swamp that just looks like dirt, you should change water tiles to a brownish/green color and allow people to walk in it for this area so It feels more real.
2)Dratini as a starter is crazy difficult, I was unable to beat the cave battle to the poke-mart or the teacher until I lvled my dratini to 15 for dragonbreath. Wrap,thunder wave and leer wasn't working to kill them
(It seemed after lvl 15 dratini couldn't lose so all the battles in the forest were cake)
3)The lvling and area seems to be unbalanced, my pokemon was almost lvl 30 before the first gym, I had to lvl dratini to 15 in the first area<--so not sure if thats the reason.I feel the lvls feel kinda generic and it doesnt feel like they are well earned, to easy to lvl, and lvling so fast makes the battles to easy.Seems like most trainers except the bosses are super easy to defeat. In the swamp cave where you get the fossil, you fight team darugas most of them have lvl 14 to 18 lvl pokemon and then you fight the Scientist for the fossil and he's throws lvl 30s.

Basically I would make the lvling more balanced, and the trainers as well.The first battle against your rival was a fun one, I would have lost if i didnt use leer to lower his defense and wrap him to death,Make more battles like that against trainers, if you make it so you have to lvl your pokemon up to lvl 15, make sure the trainers and wild pokemon matchup.I had to lvl Dratini to 15 in the first area but then spent the next hr fighting lvl 4 to 8 wild pokemon and trainer battles with pokemon lvl 10 or under.Your trying to make it difficult but you make it so difficult you have to lvl so high to beat a certain trainer/boss that after you defeat them, all the battles there after are cake until the next boss.

Anyways to summarize it, Your doing a great job and I appreciate the time you spent trying to make this game great.I think your doing well with your story and you provided alot of pokemon to work with. I do however believe you need to map your areas better and look at the lvling scheme, This might be just my opinion but Im just saying what would make the game better for me, and what I think would make it over all greater then what I have experienced so far.Good luck and keep of the good work!

Years
MUST READ!!

Hey there my friend , this is very important. I need to tell u this. U see since I had Garchomp, I had swords dance with me. And I kept on using it like 4 or 5 times against V's pokes while they were still failing to Ko Garchomop. As I grin like a sweeper's face, I used Dragon Claw, only to find that ith did very little damage. Dumbfounded, I went for a earthquake and swept rest of his team for the final time. Does this mean that Dragon Claw is a special move and another thing since Thunder Punch and Ice Punch and Fire Punch r all physical attacks in 3rd gen games, I don't it impossible to change physical moves like Dragon Claw and Outrage to physical moves. Please reply man, this is damn important and u need this, cus since Dragon type moves r all special from the experience I got while playing the game, please somehow, someway change the necessary dragon moves to physical moves cus then if u don't Garchomp is preety much useless now isn't need. As the title reads it is a must read. Hopefully u will read this and reply since this is damn important. Anyways good luck.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Okay so I played the game a little bit.I played with Dratini as my starter.

Positives:
1)Game Is very difficult in some aspects
2)Good variety of different Pokemon, seems like almost every area has 20+ different kinds.
3)Wild rates on rarer pokemon seem balanced, I caught a Bulbsaur in the first forest and only ran into one once, same with Squirtle in the Pokemon swamp cave.If rare pokemon were that easy to find I wouldn't play, so keep that as uncommon as possible I would say.
4)Story seems to be progressing well, and alot of different characters involved.
5)Some battles require strategy, and nice arrangement of trainers to battle

Negatives:
1)The map is kinda plain in some areas the beginning city and the caves seem to be very blah. I didnt like the caves either, a pokemart in one and a swamp that just looks like dirt, you should change water tiles to a brownish/green color and allow people to walk in it for this area so It feels more real.
2)Dratini as a starter is crazy difficult, I was unable to beat the cave battle to the poke-mart or the teacher until I lvled my dratini to 15 for dragonbreath. Wrap,thunder wave and leer wasn't working to kill them
(It seemed after lvl 15 dratini couldn't lose so all the battles in the forest were cake)
3)The lvling and area seems to be unbalanced, my pokemon was almost lvl 30 before the first gym, I had to lvl dratini to 15 in the first area<--so not sure if thats the reason.I feel the lvls feel kinda generic and it doesnt feel like they are well earned, to easy to lvl, and lvling so fast makes the battles to easy.Seems like most trainers except the bosses are super easy to defeat. In the swamp cave where you get the fossil, you fight team darugas most of them have lvl 14 to 18 lvl pokemon and then you fight the Scientist for the fossil and he's throws lvl 30s.

Basically I would make the lvling more balanced, and the trainers as well.The first battle against your rival was a fun one, I would have lost if i didnt use leer to lower his defense and wrap him to death,Make more battles like that against trainers, if you make it so you have to lvl your pokemon up to lvl 15, make sure the trainers and wild pokemon matchup.I had to lvl Dratini to 15 in the first area but then spent the next hr fighting lvl 4 to 8 wild pokemon and trainer battles with pokemon lvl 10 or under.Your trying to make it difficult but you make it so difficult you have to lvl so high to beat a certain trainer/boss that after you defeat them, all the battles there after are cake until the next boss.

Anyways to summarize it, Your doing a great job and I appreciate the time you spent trying to make this game great.I think your doing well with your story and you provided alot of pokemon to work with. I do however believe you need to map your areas better and look at the lvling scheme, This might be just my opinion but Im just saying what would make the game better for me, and what I think would make it over all greater then what I have experienced so far.Good luck and keep of the good work!

Thanks for the feedback. I've created a better leveling curve in Beta 2. The leveling has been a problem because some ppl feel it's too easy and others too hard. I hope you continue to play until the beta is finished, the story gets even better.

@_Uzigunner

Sorry but the Physical/Special Split wasn't patched to the rom when I first began hacking and it's too late for me to incorporate it into the hack now. But it will be in Part 2. So there's nothing I can do about it now in Part 1. As for Garchomp, I'm pretty sure Garchomp is probably the most powerful Pokemon in the hack due to 2 Swords Dances and Earthquake pretty much sweeping any team. Only time Garchomp may have trouble destroying a team is if the opponent has a flying type or the ability is levitate. But even then, a Iron Head after 2 swords dances or 3 will probably KO everything not named Skarmory.

Yay, BW2 releases today! I'm picking mine up this morning ^.^. Don't worry, it won't take away my time with the hack. I'll probably beat it within a week anyway lol. Rain Team FTW! My shiny Toxicroak be KO'ing teams on wifi and now he'll have a new partner in Torndadus Therian Forme. I can't wait to play it!

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for the feedback. I've created a better leveling curve in Beta 2. The leveling has been a problem because some ppl feel it's too easy and others too hard. I hope you continue to play until the beta is finished, the story gets even better.

@_Uzigunner

Sorry but the Physical/Special Split wasn't patched to the rom when I first began hacking and it's too late for me to incorporate it into the hack now. But it will be in Part 2. So there's nothing I can do about it now in Part 1. As gor Garchomp, I'm pretty sure Garchomp is probably the most powerful Pokemon in the hack due to 2 Swords Dances and Earthquake pretty much sweeping any team. Only time Garchomp may have trouble destroying a team is if the opponent has a flying type or the ability is levitate. But even then, a Iron Head after 2 swords dances or 3 will probably KO everything not named Skarmory.

Yay, BW2 releases today! I'm picking mine up this morning ^.^. Don't worry, it won't take away my time with the hack. I'll probably beat it within a week anyway lol. Rain Team FTW! My shiny Toxicroak be KO'ing teams on wifi and now he'll have a new partner in Torndadus Therian Forme. I can't wait to play it!
I guess giving garchomp dragon type moves is not useful anymore now, isn't it, oh well, but in that case, I suggest u give it a physical movepool as it levels up like Stone Edge, awesome fighting type moves like Superpower and other physical moves so that it will have no problem Koing other flying types. Please at least do that, cus u gotta realise that even though Iron head and Earthquake r awesome on Garchomp, it deserves other physical moves to be the beast as it always was, providing that it's merits for Koing everyone with Dragon Type moves is now gone, I see this as the only option to make Garchomp Cover up some ground. What do u think?

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years

Great for you! I'm still waiting for my birthday for the game! :)

Back