• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
You know, I've now thought of something interesting, speaking of traveling to other regions....

I want to know of this game would do a "two regions in one" kind of deal, y'know? It's a very intriguing thought, that after exploring and going through one region of the game, you have the opportunity to go travel to another unknown region, somewhere hidden off to you until you beat the primarily region's E4 or maybe after you get a certain number of badges. @_@ I'd love for that to happen, personally, however doubtful that may be.
I'm actually secretly wishing without setting off any alarms an additional DLC later on which adds more Pokemon along with a second region, but still part of gen 6. Something like Gen 6 part 2.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Did you guys see this?

Spoiler:

It was posted by somebody over at pokejungle saying it was going to be the contents of the next Corocoro. I doesn't say anything for it's reliability of course but thought I would post it here just in case. They said it was on /vp/ where they found it....which means nothing to me. Is that something about 4chan?

All I can think of is how distraught the fans of a joint Tauros/Miltank prevo will be.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
/vp/ is the Pokémon board on 4chan. And a lot of that seems pretty viable, although I doubt that Sylveon would only be a female exclusive Eeveelution. However, I do like the Torkoal evolution and the alternate to Wobbuffet, even if I kind of doubt that would actually happen. Who knows, it may be real! Better than what Mr. XY has been spewing on 4chan.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If it's fake, it's very well-written. We should wait for the magazine, however.

Those wanting a new type for Sylveon will be disappointed if it's true.

Cyclone

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Female only for Sylveon? Seems kind of odd considering Eevee's gender ratio but whatever. If this is real though I wouldn't mind it at all because the bit about the movie sounds interesting and doesn't seem to betray what was shown in the trailer for the movie. That Wobbuffet alternate sounds interesting.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
That was already proven false by the new movie info we just got yesterday. The movie's location is "New Tork" rather than Neodoll, and Mewtwo does not seem to have amnesia. So it's unlikely that the rest of it is true.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That was already proven false by the new movie info we just got yesterday. The movie's location is "New Tork" rather than Neodoll, and Mewtwo does not seem to have amnesia. So it's unlikely that the rest of it is true.

Two things that are possible with that:
  1. Translation isn't perfect, so it's still a possibility
  2. You're right and it's false

It's more than likely the latter, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a Torkoal evolution =x

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Here is what serebii said about it: Thanks to Adamant, we have some translations of the plot. While most was known beforehand, we do have a bit more in regards to Mewtwo. In it, Mewtwo has an extistential crisis thinking "These Pokemon were not meant to exist in this world... just like me". Sableye is also a mysterious Pokémon that lives in the Pokémon Hills where it befriends Ash & Co. The sableye could appear before then though so the pokemon might be fake but not the anime part.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hm, so, CoroCoro leaks will be sometime next week or so, right? Well, the 10th is this Sunday, which... from then onwards we can expect a leak? Well, whenever it comes, here's hoping for new info, along side info about Sylveon? ^^

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
But Torkoal's base stats prevents it from getting another evolution, unless they're pulling a Electabuzz/Magmar/Rhydon/Magnezone/Scyther/Porygon2 on it, and Tauros pre-evo not capable of evolving into Miltank also debunks this rumor as fake.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
The rumors were proven false with the new movie trailer release.

I personally would take any rumors like this false for now. Also remember we could get fake scans over the next few days, last month, the magazine was leaked the 11th-12th.

I expect some Sylveon info, hopefully it's type,and more movie info. I dont know whether or not to expect any Pokemon reveals but probably few if so.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The name 'New Tork' makes me cringe.
Be thankful it's likely just another anime exclusive area.

Driving this back towards X and Y, we can probably expect CoroCoro leaks as early as Sunday night. I'm betting on around Monday or Tuesday night though, which is the 11th and 12th respectively. I'm surprised there hasn't been any fake scans surfacing these past few days. I guess there's still time yet.

I am curious to know what they'll reveal though, if it'll be just more info on Sylveon like mentioned last month or anything more. I'm really hoping we get a region name, some new screenshots, and the protagonist artwork. I feel like that's asking for a bit much though, given how slowly they've been with releasing news the past two months.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't remember anything saying officially Sylveon would be revealed more in the next Issue of Coro Coro. I asked some people to show me where that was and none have ever shown me.

As far as what I think, if we don't get more game update, as in some new minor stuff, like maybe new toys to play with or some small insignificant Pokemon, I don't expect anything other than Movie news.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well when we've had barely anything for two months you'd expect at least something interesting about the games, soooo hopefully there isn't too much small useless information!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly the only major thing I'd really expect them to give us is Sylveon's type, seeing as they revealed it last time. They'll probably just keep stringing us along though =/

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't remember anything saying officially Sylveon would be revealed more in the next Issue of Coro Coro. I asked some people to show me where that was and none have ever shown me.
Only real source I have is from Serebii's main page:

[...] No further details were given about this Pokémon (referring to Sylveon), but CoroCoro said that more secrets will be revealed about it next month.
Take from that what you may. It could be wrong, definitely a possibility there, but Serebii usually has a good rep in putting up official news. Either way, whether its got some juicy new details on X&Y, just more info on Sylveon, or merely nothing at all, we'll likely see what we get in just a few days time.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I guess I can wait another month to hear more about Sylveon =P Now I'm just more curious about what will be revealed this issue. Maybe more about the starters evolutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back