• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will the Eevee line ever get their own Megalutions?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
With the introduction of Pokemon X and Y, we've not only gotten yet another utterly adorable Eeveelution, Sylveon (the absolute cutest Eeveelution, by far, to date), but we got the new way to evolve pokemon through in-battle play, only- Mega Evolution. Quite a few old gen Pokemon got Mea evolutions, so do you guys think we'll ever see Megas for the Eevee family? Do they even need Mega evolutions? Would all of the Eveelutions be getting Megas, or a select few? Which Eveelution would you want to see for the Eevee line? The ones I'd most want to see Megas for are, naturally, Umbreon, and Espeon, above all else.

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
I wonder which would come first; Mega Evolutions or "All Type" Evolutions.

Will there be a point where they stop making new Eeveelutions, or will it be once every type has an Eevee? In which case, they might Mega them from there.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2013
If the Eevee family does indeed get a Mega Evolution, I hope it is Eevee itself (which would keep the Normal typing.)
Agreed. I think it would be a little unfair to give just one or a few of the eeveelutions a mega evolution. I do hope they come up with a ghost type though!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I wonder which would come first; Mega Evolutions or "All Type" Evolutions.

Will there be a point where they stop making new Eeveelutions, or will it be once every type has an Eevee? In which case, they might Mega them from there.
I think they'll get megas before they get to giving Eevee an evolution for every type. Just seems more realistic, because mega Evolution is still something that's new and exciting, so there's more hope for some Eveelutions getting one of their own, rather than waiting Arceus knows how many more years for every single new type of Eeveelution to come out and then, give some Eveelutions a mega form.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
I think it would be cool if evee was the "type" Pokémon, and could evolve into any type based on certain conditions.

Anyway, I agree with DittosGonnaDitto. If they megafy eveelutions, the original three should get the honour first.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Well, the way that each eeveelution looks always tells me that it's a mono-typing. I don't think it's necessary to have mega-eeveelutions to emphasize on their looks, so I don't think that's gonna happen.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

...and then GameFreak made the rest of the typings available via Megavolutions. ._.

quite realistic and possible since Eevee, the base form itself, is known to react with different stones.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Agreed. I think it would be a little unfair to give just one or a few of the eeveelutions a mega evolution. I do hope they come up with a ghost type though!

Tell that to Gardevoir who got a Mega Evolution when her male only Counterpart evolution did not get a mega evolution.

I don't really see Eevee's evolutions getting Megas. Where as Eevee's special trait is adapting and evolving, his final forms aren't. They are supposed to be the end result and complete stabilizing of Eevee's genetic code.

I can't say I wouldn't mind it, but in all honesty, I do not see Gamefreak giving every evolved Pokemon a Mega Evolution. We may get a few more in Gen 7, but I wouldn't put any high hopes in Eevee's evolutions getting one unless they get insanely popular.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Tell that to Gardevoir who got a Mega Evolution when her male only Counterpart evolution did not get a mega evolution.

I don't really see Eevee's evolutions getting Megas. Where as Eevee's special trait is adapting and evolving, his final forms aren't. They are supposed to be the end result and complete stabilizing of Eevee's genetic code.

I can't say I wouldn't mind it, but in all honesty, I do not see Gamefreak giving every evolved Pokemon a Mega Evolution. We may get a few more in Gen 7, but I wouldn't put any high hopes in Eevee's evolutions getting one unless they get insanely popular.
it's really not all that unlikely, in my opinion, that at least some of Eevee's "end" forms could have a mega Form. Look at what mega Evolution is and how it can be achieved. It only occurs if the pokemon has a strong bond with the trainer (according to Bulbapedia). In the game, Lucario was able to Mega evolve when it joined you, because it resonated with you, early in the game, even under a completely different trainer. The starter toy got was able to mega evolve, because as your starter, it spent a lot of time with you through the game, and developed the bond that would allow you to later unlock its full potential through Mega evolution. If anything, if we're talking bonds between pokemon and trainer with, the Eeveelutions that evolved through friendship shouldve gotten their Mega forms first, since it was the Eevee line that actually started the whole pokemon evolving through friendship, and mega Evolution is kind of the next level beyond that.

Lolcatcomics

Novice Geek
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
What it when you selected 'Mega Evolution' from the fight screen, another menu popped up with all the different types Eevee can evolve into, and his mega evolution would be that type?.Or have eight different Eeveeites?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I think it'd be best to just give a few of them megas; the original trio, or Sylveon exlusively, or Espeon/Umbreon... but all of them sounds like it'd be a bit overkill, and one for every type sounds way out there. I would really like to see what they'd do with them, though, as far as designs and stats go.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
it's really not all that unlikely, in my opinion, that at least some of Eevee's "end" forms could have a mega Form. Look at what mega Evolution is and how it can be achieved. It only occurs if the pokemon has a strong bond with the trainer (according to Bulbapedia). In the game, Lucario was able to Mega evolve when it joined you, because it resonated with you, early in the game, even under a completely different trainer. The starter toy got was able to mega evolve, because as your starter, it spent a lot of time with you through the game, and developed the bond that would allow you to later unlock its full potential through Mega evolution. If anything, if we're talking bonds between pokemon and trainer with, the Eeveelutions that evolved through friendship shouldve gotten their Mega forms first, since it was the Eevee line that actually started the whole pokemon evolving through friendship, and mega Evolution is kind of the next level beyond that.

A newly caught Pinsir, Kangaskhan, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo, Heracross, Mawile, and Absol can all Mega Evolve as soon as you give them the Stone though. Bonds really don't have anything to do with it at all. Its just there for story and promotional reasons.

Eevee's evolution is supposed to be absolute. It was so unstable before that once it evolves that should be it. Gamefreak can always do it, yes, but it does break Eevee's special evolution quality. I'd say it'll be a long time to next to never before we'd see Eevee evolution mega forms.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I feel the eeveelutions are seperate forms of mega evolution for Eevee. Both use stones its just eevees are permanent.

Years
Sylveon was introduced in a generation that also introduced the mega stones. That makes me think it's unlikely for any of the Eeveelutions to have a Mega Evolution, but I don't work for Game Freak so my guess is just as good as anybody's. As some have said, Eevee could possibly get its own Mega Evolution but I don't know if that'll happen before all Eevee types are introduced. Again, my guess is as good as anyone else's.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I would rather not see Eevee-lutions get megas. I beleve that the Eevee-lutions themselves are mega's to Eevee, just permanent. Now if they ever are to, i beleve they will only do it to the first three from kanto. It wouldn't feel right with any others.

Years
Like others have said, i hope GF make eeveelutions of all types before mega evolutions.. and even then i'm not sure if i'd like to see mega's..
What i really would like to see is a ghost eeveelution.. that would look awesome :P

Back