• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I think Sylveon will be a new type. Maybe its a flying... but the design doesn't really look flying though. I guess there is normal, but that would be boring. I'm hoping for some kind of new type, but who knows. I just hope we get some new information on Sylveon soon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2016
I just can't see it as a normal type. A normal eevee would just be a bigger eevee. Why would it change its appearance so drastically if its not changing its type. Please read what I posted earlier about the dragon typing.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The most likely typing for this eeveelution, however, would be dragon. Now I know it may seem unlikely, but...
dragon? from it's design unlikely...
Mind. Blown. I think we've covered the "unlikely" aspect.

However, at this time, anything is possible. I doubt they'll do a new type, but you never know what Gamefreak has up their sleeves. Dragon type is plausible. Not a home run yet, but plausible. So is Ghost. Unlikely? Yes. Plausible? Yes.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2016
Mind. Blown. I think we've covered the "unlikely" aspect.

However, at this time, anything is possible. I doubt they'll do a new type, but you never know what Gamefreak has up their sleeves. Dragon type is plausible. Not a home run yet, but plausible. So is Ghost. Unlikely? Yes. Plausible? Yes.

Cyclone

The whole thing with my theory is that all the other "Special" types have an eeveelution... except dragon. Plus, dragon is super effective against itself! It fits both parts of my theory. Believe it or not, ghost, poison, and bug were physical in gens 1-4. Also, Im not sure why so many people think there will be a new type. The only reason Dark and Steel were introduced was to balance out the psychic type.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The whole thing with my theory is that all the other "Special" types have an eeveelution... except dragon. Plus, dragon is super effective against itself! It fits both parts of my theory. Believe it or not, ghost, poison, and bug were physical in gens 1-4. Also, Im not sure why so many people think there will be a new type. The only reason Dark and Steel were introduced was to balance out the psychic type.

This is a pretty common theory actually, and it's definitely possible, although I still think it's going to be Flying-typed. Every Eeveelutions has an opposite (although there's two different ways to do it, where the outcome could be inferred to be either Flying or Dragon). Just aesthetically it doesn't look like a Dragon to me whatsoever, but then again neither does Altaria. It's definitely possible though.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Gen I - Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon (Water, Electric and Fire, the elementals)
Gen II - Espeon and Umbreon (Psychic vs. Dark)
Gen IV - Leafeon and Glaceon (Grass vs. Ice)
Gen VI - Sylveon and ???? (speculating Normal vs. ????)

If indeed Sylveon is/was a Normal-type, what is the opposing type? Fighting? That'd be interesting.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2016
This is a pretty common theory actually, and it's definitely possible, although I still think it's going to be Flying-typed. Every Eeveelutions has an opposite (although there's two different ways to do it, where the outcome could be inferred to be either Flying or Dragon). Just aesthetically it doesn't look like a Dragon to me whatsoever, but then again neither does Altaria. It's definitely possible though.

True. Kinda like Vibrava. Plus, since dragon is strong against dragon, there could be a male and female counterpart and this is just the female :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
True. Kinda like Vibrava. Plus, since dragon is strong against dragon, there could be a male and female counterpart and this is just the female :)
You know what? I hope that's what's going on now! Same item evolves both, but they have a different appearance by gender and are in fact two different Pokémon (like Mothim and Wormadam).

Cyclone

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I had a guess last month about what typing Sylveon will be, and I thought it would be a Steel type. The name looks like a combination of the words silver (A metal) and the common ending -eon. A while ago I also made a guess that the name of this Pokemon would be Silveon! So I was very close on that guess. ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm going with ghost type. I mean, look at it. LOOK at it. It has that weird vibe in its eyes.

It must evolve in a haunted house or something.

Cyclone

In a way it does remind me somewhat of Chimecho and kind of like those tag things used in Sailor Moon but that's all, really that I see that relates to ghost :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah they would! Also if Sylveon were to get Hurricane... well, that'd make it really awesome in comparison to the other Eeveelutions :3;

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If it learns Outrage, and Dragon Pulse, and Dragon Dance it'll be better than the rest...also all the other eeveelution's types won't be super effective against it except for Glaceoen...

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
That would certainly be a unique evolution method.

Im pretty stumped about it's type honestly, it's very vague. I see it either being Normal, Flying or a new type at this point. Ive seen a lot of people saying "oh Normal type will just be a bigger Eevee" but we do not know that for a fact at all, it's only speculated, it has the chance to be a Normal type. There are some tidbits of evidence for Flying type as well, since it's ribbons were shown blowing in the wind, It's name resembles Sylph, an air elemental spirit, which is said to not have visible wings. Also Ive read Sylvidae is a genus of birds, which may relate to Flying type as well. It also the lightest Eeveelution. Jolteon also does not have an opposite( either weak or strong to it) so that's another thing to think about. Also I may be the only one who notices it's ears look like feathers a bit?

Of course there's also the possibility of a new type. I doubt they are making this big a deal about it for no reason, this implies there is something different about Sylveon in particular, including the possiblity it may be a brand new type, which might explain why it's being introduced by itself. There is also nothing about Sylveon that implies it is any existing type, which is why there is so much debate about what type it is.

Guy

just a guy
Years
A new trailer has been released for the upcoming movie, and near the end of the video (starting at 1:21) it shows Sylveon in its animated form. Not to discuss the short itself, but the location and Sylveon's surrounding in the video seem to suggest it as a Flying type. Not to mention, the actual location seems to be atop a very large and tall tree!! That could be the biggest clue of all given that Eevee evolves to adapt to its surroundings.

...or maybe that's just what I want it to suggest in my head. I don't know. :x

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Sylveon's ribbon thingies are acting like tentacles in the movie short, it can control them like any being can control its muscles. Makes me wonder what type it is even more. Perhaps it fly's by flapping them really hard?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hm, did you guys noticed those flowers that surrounded it? Could that have something to do with Sylveon's evolution? Maybe it's to suggest that to evolve Eevee to Sylveon, you'd have to evolve it to a specific location that has flowers?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Probably just the locale for the movie. Thought if it does involve flowers that could imply bug, perhaps through pollenization?

Back